Quantcast
2 teens dead, 6 more injured at C.O.P. overnight - Page 11 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 10 11

Thread: 2 teens dead, 6 more injured at C.O.P. overnight

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

We used to ski down the luge track in Red Deer, would I have made the hill responsible if I got hurt? No way! Kudos to the kids for going for it, it's a shame they died.
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

My Ride
    2003 Mustang Cobra

It's so hard to read threads like these and bite your tongue.

I know my mom has life insurance on me, a healthy adult. Her reasoning is that it would cover funeral expenses and such. I still find it weird though, she says she has had it since I was a child.

Originally posted by Feruk

That's a good call. You should return to your little bubble where everyone has the same opinions as you so you can avoid getting stressed out and have your self-worth reinforced. Proper Millennial style.
    You don't know a thing about me, but whatever you say

I just prefer not sitting on an Internet forum all day, debating in a manner in which the emotional tone of your message is up to the person reading.

I am more than willing to sit down face to face and have a discussion. But simply posting online is a waste of time. I don't need anyone to reassure me of my viewpoints, they either agree or disagree, that is fine by me! I am very open to listen to opposing viewpoints, but when you make an assumption about me or my intentions without having a clue about what experiences have formed that opinion, then you show your own ignorance.

My Ride
    NC1

Originally posted by leftwing
    It's so hard to read threads like these and bite your tongue.

I know my mom has life insurance on me, a healthy adult. Her reasoning is that it would cover funeral expenses and such. I still find it weird though, she says she has had it since I was a child.
    ya I was 8, sister 6, brother just born when my dad picked up a $50k policy for each of us back in 1989 lol he figured wtf $20/month and accrues some cash value lol
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Hybrid

Originally posted by max_boost
    ya I was 8, sister 6, brother just born when my dad picked up a $50k policy for each of us back in 1989 lol he figured wtf $20/month and accrues some cash value lol
    Life insurance on your kids was a strangely popular thing in the 80s... My wife has a relatively small policy too which her parents contributed to until she started working.

I'll just leave this quote from Ed Rempel, a fairly prominent personal finance blogger:

The dumbest idea is to buy whole life insurance for your child. I’ve seen this awkward situation many times. Clients in their twenties cashing in very low return policies that were inflicted on them when they should be building wealth.

Parents have many more important uses for their money, such as life and disability insurance for themselves, their retirement goals, and their child’s RESP.
    Originally posted by max_boost
    Hey baller, any problem money can solve is no problem at all. Don't sweat it.

Mwhole life insurance with guaranteed insurability options are a decent investment providing fixed income returns over time. The $50/m (or whatever) would come out in a larger amount than the cash value of the policy invested into equities, but securing insurability is worth it to some people. This is wrt policies on kids btw.

My Ride
    FB6

My parents have one of those on me as well, it's one of those investment things where the income covers the premium after 10 years.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 10 11