Quantcast
2 teens dead, 6 more injured at C.O.P. overnight - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: 2 teens dead, 6 more injured at C.O.P. overnight

My Ride
    Hemi, ZX6R

Argh awful. Can admit I did some stupid things younger. Thankful for my parents/first responders/friends it didn't end up like that. RIP boys. Heart goes out to not only family/friends but have to remember the first responders seeing and dealing with the situation. PTSD is real, to those medics/cops, hope they're doing ok as well.

Terrible news. Condolences to all parties.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Nah man, these kids were clearly scum, destined to live on the streets and never amount to anything. Killramos would never have associated with these guys at their age and definitely would've seen it coming.

Feeling bad for the people who died and their family is 100% pure ignorance of reality. You should be ashamed.
    10/10 Mod-troll.
    I'd vote for him. America may have a black guy, but we'd have captain fucking Kirk.

Terrible that it was two twins that died, I feel so sorry for their parents.

My Ride
    ute

I don't buy the "kids do dumb things, this is typical" stuff.

That facility has been there for 30 years. This is the first time this has happened. Tens of thousands of kids have been aware of its existence during that time, and all the rest of them, without exception decided that maybe it was a bad idea to do this.

This wasn't garden variety teenage thrill seeking. This was stupidity on an epic scale.

I feel sad for the parents, of course. But these "kids" were almost adults. And they definitely weren't "victims" of anything. Some kid gets killed by a drunk driver, or cancer? That's different.

My Ride
    Silverado

apparently the twins worked at COP last year. Assuming it was their idea and they knew how to get in. Probably should have known to check the track set up

RIP

My Ride
    Turbo stuff

Originally posted by Buster

That facility has been there for 30 years. This is the first time this has happened. Tens of thousands of kids have been aware of its existence during that time, and all the rest of them, without exception decided that maybe it was a bad idea to do this.

This wasn't garden variety teenage thrill seeking. This was stupidity on an epic scale.

I feel sad for the parents, of course. But these "kids" were almost adults. And they definitely weren't "victims" of anything. Some kid gets killed by a drunk driver, or cancer? That's different.
    You assume this is the first time someone has gone onto the track after hours but in reality you've only heard about it for the first time because of the way it ended.
    ---

My Ride
    4x4

No I can guarantee its not the first time it has happened

Crazy carpets and those discs are very bad plans. Not that I would know.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

People like to make it seem like being a retard is ok so others can continue being retards. Its also horrendously patronizing and rude to try and label all kids as being "young and stupid". No, some people are just idiots with no self control. Gotta pay to play, self-preservation is sometimes a hard lesson.

And WGAF if someone was student president? Whoopdee doo. A popularity contest somehow makes someones death more tragic? Jesus beyond is fucked Sure, I did some stuff I consider stupid when I was younger, but I never did anything that had a high probability of death

My Ride
    GTI

Originally posted by kenny

You assume this is the first time someone has gone onto the track after hours but in reality you've only heard about it for the first time because of the way it ended.
    Correct! I actually know that kids have done it before, many times.

My nephew is friends with them, he actually got invited but was asleep when they texted.

I haven't read the whole thread but it actually wasn't a gate which I've heard people saying, but a chain across the track at head height.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Part of the gate is a chain. They would have hit the chain first and then been rammed into the corner between the gate and track.

Considering the two who died used to work there, you'd think they would have a clue as to how dangerous their idea was and at least checked the track.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

Originally posted by AndyL
    No I can guarantee its not the first time it has happened

Crazy carpets and those discs are very bad plans. Not that I would know.
    I can also confirm its not the first time something like this was attempted. I know a group who attempted it on skis. Thankfully it was next to impossible to stay upright and gather any speed so the whole thing was scrapped and the group went to a movie instead. Well at least that's what I heard
    Originally posted by Arash Boodagh
    Before I start pwning all the members with my findings.
    Originally posted by Arash Boodagh
    Plus, is it true you can feed a pig elephant dong and it will still grow and build meat?
    Originally posted by Toma
    rx7_turbfoags best friend
    Toma the homophobe?

My Ride
    ute

Apparently it was the first time with the gate closed.

My Ride
    ute

Originally posted by HiTempguy1

People like to make it seem like being a retard is ok so others can continue being retards. Its also horrendously patronizing and rude to try and label all kids as being "young and stupid". No, some people are just idiots with no self control. Gotta pay to play, self-preservation is sometimes a hard lesson.

And WGAF if someone was student president? Whoopdee doo. A popularity contest somehow makes someones death more tragic? Jesus beyond is fucked Sure, I did some stuff I consider stupid when I was younger, but I never did anything that had a high probability of death
    The one kid went to Westmount, which as far as I can tell is the very definition of a "Special Snowflake" school.

I digress somewhat.

That is, I did some crazy stuff as a young "adult", but to go down a bobsled run in which the trained professionals fear for their life? Well, there is no drunken stage I would be in to do something that stupid.

One you can imagine, six? FFS

Guaranteed:

A law suit against the COP.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Originally posted by Seth1968
    Guaranteed:

A law suit against the COP.
    If there is and its not tossed, it would show just how messed up our court system is.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    NC1

Originally posted by FraserB

If there is and its not tossed, it would show just how messed up our court system is.
    I wouldn't be surprised.

The kids were gonna go on and cure cancer.

COP should have done more to prevent this.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-15-2019 at 02:45 PM.

My Ride
    4x4

Originally posted by Seth1968
    I digress somewhat.

That is, I did some crazy stuff as a young "adult", but to go down a bobsled run in which the trained professionals fear for their life? Well, there is no drunken stage I would be in to do something that stupid.

One you can imagine, six? FFS
    It was a passed down right of passage at abe... At least when I was there in the 90s...

When you got caught - no different than police and outdoor pools - finger wag "don't do it again" "our next patrol is in 90min dont be here" (so you'd do another run)

All information I've heard - I'd never do such things

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast