383 Camaro LT1

Default Camaro 1LE coming...

aka Track pack Camaro.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/chicago-...1le-90969.html

Available in both V-6 & V-8.

Official Press Release:

Originally Posted by Official Release
    New 1LE Packages Elevates Camaro Track Capabilities
    Track package returns with more technology for V8 models, first time offered on V6

CHICAGO – The Chevrolet Camaro 1LE performance package returns for 2017, poised to set new benchmarks for attainable track performance.

The package builds off the success of the previous-generation 1LE, offering increased handling and track performance. In response to customer demand, Chevrolet will offer two distinct 1LE packages, for both V6 and V8 models, each visually distinguished with a satin black hood, specific wheels and more.

For the first time, the 1LE package will be available on Camaro 1LT or 2LT coupes equipped with the 3.6L V6. Featuring more aggressive suspension tuning, standard Brembo brakes and Goodyear Eagle F1 tires, the LT 1LE delivers an estimated 0.97G in cornering grip. Available Recaro seats will keep you planted through the corners, and an available Performance Data Recorder will allow you to view and share your track experience.

The new 1LE package for Camaro 1SS models includes magnetic ride control, with a new FE4 suspension tuning and a new, segment-exclusive electronic limited slip differential (eLSD). Paired with massive Goodyear Eagle F1 tires, lateral acceleration will exceed 1G. Additional features available on the 1LE package include standard Recaro seats and a Performance Data Recorder (PDR), new to the Camaro lineup.

As a result, the 1LE package elevates the award-winning performance that earned Camaro the 2016 Motor Trend Car of the Year and Car and Driver 10Best awards.

“The Camaro 1LE packages follow a recipe any track-day enthusiast will appreciate,” said Al Oppenheiser, Camaro chief engineer. “Start with a lightweight, stiff structure and then add higher levels of suspension stiffness and damping, more aggressive tires, higher downforce, more powerful brakes and more cooling.

“The result delivers better performance in all measures,” said Oppenheiser. “In our development tests, the V-6 Camaro 1LE delivers lap times comparable with the previous-gen V-8 model. The 2016 Camaro SS 1LE sets the new benchmark for the segment, lapping the Big Willow track at Willow Springs three seconds faster than the standard Camaro SS.”

The new 1LE packages are available in late 2016, on 2017 Camaro SS and LT V-6 coupes equipped with manual transmissions. Pricing and performance data will be announced at a later date.

Camaro LT 1LE
    The Camaro LT 1LE was developed to be the most track-capable sports coupe in its price class. Highlights include:
    • 3.6L V-6 rated at 335 horsepower and matched with the six-speed manual transmission
    • FE3 suspension components (from the Camaro SS), including dampers, rear cradle mounts, ball-jointed rear toe links and stabilizer bars
    • Lightweight 20-inch forged aluminum wheels with Goodyear Eagle F1 245/40R20 front tires and 275/35R20 rear tires
    • Brembo 4-piston front brake calipers
    • Mechanical Limited-slip differential with 3.27 ratio
    • Standard track-cooling package, with engine oil, differential and transmission coolers
    • Suede steering wheel and shorter-throw shifter
    • Standard dual mode exhaust system
    • Camaro SS fuel system for higher-load cornering capability
    • Satin black hood, front splitter and unique three-piece rear spoiler
    • Unique high flow upper and lower grille with satin black accents
    • Available Recaro seats and PDR video/data recording system.

“With a curb weight under 3,500 pounds, excellent front-to-rear weight balance and the precision of the FE3 suspension, the Camaro LT 1LE offers unmatched capability in its class,” said Oppenheiser. “As a result, it offers incredible performance for Camaro V-6 customers.”

Camaro SS 1LE
    The 2017 Camaro SS 1LE introduces the new FE4 suspension to the Gen Six Camaro – a performance-oriented chassis system with specific tuning for the Magnetic Ride dampers, springs and stabilizer bars. Additional highlights include:
    • 6.2L LT1 V-8 rated at 455 horsepower, and six-speed manual transmission (automatic transmission not available)
    • Magnetic Ride Control
    • Segment-exclusive electronic limited-slip differential with 3.73 ratio
    • Unique forged aluminum wheels with 285/30ZR20 front tires and 305/30ZR20 rear tires
    • Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar tires with a compound and construction developed exclusively for the Camaro – offering exceptional grip on the track
    • Brembo brakes with new six-piston monobloc front red calipers – featuring the 1LE logo – and two-piece rotors. Measuring 14.6 inches (370mm) in diameter, the front rotors are 7 percent larger than Camaro SS
    • Track-cooling package, with engine oil, differential and transmission coolers
    • Suede steering wheel with shorter-throw shifter
    • Dual mode exhaust system
    • Recaro front seats with aggressive bolsters optimized for shifting and steering comfort
    • Satin black hood, front mirrors and unique three-piece rear spoiler
    • Satin Graphite front splitter and rear diffuser
    • Available PDR video/data recording system.

And finally this:

They say the SS 1LE laps the big willow course of Willow Springs a full three seconds faster than the standard SS.
    93 Camaro Z28 (The fast one)
    01 Trans Am WS6 (The cute one)
    Esla T6 Dog Sled (Not cute, not fast, scary as hell)

My Ride
    Bicycle

dat hood on the black one.

My Ride
    '73 Buick, '03 Ruckus, '18 Tundra

hmmm V6, 335hp, track pack Camaro with a 6 speed?? Interesting, I say that because I would never be able to afford the V8 ahaha

My Ride
    '73 Buick, '03 Ruckus, '18 Tundra

Originally posted by Xtrema

Kind of screams ricer to me.

My uncle will be happy about that.

He is one of the "Camaro Disciples" and has been pushing GM to do this for a while now.
    Last edited by sputnik; 02-12-2016 at 10:11 AM.

My Ride
    Grimace

Basically gives you all the options you would want on an SS plus a bunch of extra goodies. All the extra cooling and recaro seats too. I always wonder though why it is common to only upgrade the front brakes, never the rear? Wonder how expensive it will be, the last 1LE was quite reasonable. Neat for them to offer it on the V6 (Not the same equipment though) and the 4cyl has the potential to get this pack too.

Originally posted by schocker
    Basically gives you all the options you would want on an SS plus a bunch of extra goodies.
    IIRC it is more like a stripped down Camaro (no power options or A/C) with just the added suspension and performance tweaks to that of an SS/Z28.
    Last edited by sputnik; 02-12-2016 at 10:40 AM.

My Ride
    383 Camaro LT1

Originally posted by sputnik

IIRC it is more like a stripped down Camaro (no power options or A/C) with just the added suspension and performance tweaks to that of an SS/Z28.
    Stripped down version and I think some years had better suspension than the SS/WS6. The 1LE was faster.

GMHTP magazine once compared 10 Camaros with aftermarket suspension parts from different companies to the 1LE. 1LE was fastest on sticky tires. Some of the other cars had sticky tires while some were stock.

My Ride
    14 ZL1

Originally posted by Xtrema

The gen5 1LE had the matte black hood too...
    Mike
    14 ZL1
    07 Mazdaspeed3

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Put the wheels from the black car on the green car and we have a winner. Not typically a fan of green but that looks good.

My Ride
    General Motors Competizione

Originally posted by sputnik

Originally posted by Gripenfelter

Stripped down version and I think some years had better suspension than the SS/WS6. The 1LE was faster.

GMHTP magazine once compared 10 Camaros with aftermarket suspension parts from different companies to the 1LE. 1LE was fastest on sticky tires. Some of the other cars had sticky tires while some were stock.
    The 3rd gen 1LEs were stripped down. I don't know about the 4th gens. The 5th gen was not a stripped down version. I don't think the 6th gen will be either.

Except for the 5th gen ZL1 and Z28, the 1LE was always the top handling Camaro.
    2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1981 GMC C1500 454

My Ride
    Looking for a new ride

Can a GM fanatic help an outsider understand the crazy numerical values of these cars.

What exactly is the difference between a 1LE, ZL1, 2LT, etc....there seems to be dozens of these codes. All I know is a Camaro SS is good, a Z28 is better; and Z06 Corvette is not as good as a ZR1

My Ride
    Grimace

Originally posted by yellowGTS
    Can a GM fanatic help an outsider understand the crazy numerical values of these cars.

What exactly is the difference between a 1LE, ZL1, 2LT, etc....there seems to be dozens of these codes. All I know is a Camaro SS is good, a Z28 is better; and Z06 Corvette is not as good as a ZR1
    1LE is an equipment package
    1LT, 2LT are your V6 trim levels
    1SS, 2SS are your V8 trim levels
    ZL1, Z28 are historical model variants so the last ZL1 was kind of answer to the GT500 where as the Z28 was geared toward the track. Z28 was king shit of the last gen with the C6 Corvette Z06 7.0L V8 and wide sticky tires, lighter weight and carbon ceramic brakes along with other enhancements.

My Ride
    383 Camaro LT1

Originally posted by SKR

The 3rd gen 1LEs were stripped down. I don't know about the 4th gens. The 5th gen was not a stripped down version. I don't think the 6th gen will be either.

Yup.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

I still can't look at a Camaro without seeing a cartoon vehicle. I want to like it, the IROC of my high school days was so awesome, I'd still rather have that one than this one....
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    Family Hauler

Originally posted by SKR

Wow thanks for that. So you are saying as you go to more expensive models, performance improves? Ground breaking

Except that in this one case of generalization you are wrong, the last 1LE out performed the heavier ZL1 in handling categories like braking, road holding etc.

Back on topic - the new 1LE looks sick (in black... not 17 year old dad bought me a camaro green). Cant wait to see what they do with a z28 for this gen

My Ride
    General Motors Competizione

Originally posted by riander5
    Wow thanks for that. So you are saying as you go to more expensive models, performance improves? Ground breaking
    My response was to "I think some years had better suspension than the SS/WS6". And I said it was always an upgrade over the IROC-Z/Z28/SS, so it was all years, not just some years. Maybe splitting hairs, but not incorrect.

Originally posted by riander5
    Except that in this one case of generalization you are wrong, the last 1LE out performed the heavier ZL1 in handling categories like braking, road holding etc.
    All I did was look up VIR lap times. ZL1 was 2:52, 1LE was 2:58. I don't know how that translates into "outperformed", but okay then.
    2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1981 GMC C1500 454

My Ride
    383 Camaro LT1

Here you go guys...

http://ve3eie.ncf.ca/1le_history.html

Excerpt from there:

The fourth generation Camaro was introduced in 1993 and was instantly popular. What the 1LE racers wanted to know though, was how this change would affect the cars they would now be competing in. Chevrolet did offer a 1LE options on the fourth generation Camaros in 1993, but few were actually ordered. Some new updates were then included to make the 1LE option more appealing to the buying public. The addition of a Borg-Warner T-56 six-speed manual transmission made a great impact as the fifth and sixth gears added to performance and also to top end. T-56 transmission ratios: first: 2.66, second: 1.78, third: 1.3, fourth: 1:1, fifth: 0.74, and sixth: 0.50.

Koni had become almost the exclusive manufacturer of the racing shocks which were usually installed in preparation for competition on all 1996 and later 1LE Camaros after they left the showroom floor. The Koni double-adjustable racing shock was well accepted and successful trackside, but thought to be too high-end for public use.

For the fourth generation, Koni contracted with GM to become the new shock supplier for all 1LE Camaros. The 1993s already came with an upgraded antilock braking system that was lightyears ahead of the third-generation version and if you bought a 1LE-equipped Camaro after 1993 you'd get much more than that for your money. GM began supplying Koni shocks on all four corners and including a little-known, unmarked instruction sheet in the glove box of each car explaining how to tune and adjust the shocks for the best handling on any track surface.

Along with the Koni shocks, Chevrolet really went all-out on the suspension upgrades for this model. Chevy also offered higher-rate durometer bushings on the front and rear control arms and panhard bar, stiffer coil springs on all four corners, a larger 32mm front sway bar, 21mm rear, and a beefier transmission mount for manual transmission-equipped cars as part of the 1LE package. This 1LE package was now being targeted at performance enthusiasts, not just hard-core racers, and in 1996 all Camaros came standard with air conditioning. Another little known fact is that all fourth generation Camaros came standard with a black painted roof, but the 1LE-equipped cars could be ordered with a roof painted to match the body color. All 1LEs automatically deleted the fog lamps on Z/28s, adding another outside telltale sign to its performance potential (someone at the Koni graphics arts department didn't notice that fog lamps are erroneously present on the Z/28 used in the Koni advertisement) however starting in 1996, you could order fog lamps (thanks for that tip, Adam Donikowski!, a proud '96 1LE owner).

Sometime around 1995, Chevrolet no longer wanted to sell these cars only to racers and even promoted the 1LE option, now know as the Performance Suspension Package, in its public relations packets which is sent out to media and dealerships nationwide. What began as a hard-cord racing upgrade, meant only to win races at the track, turned into what is now a popular sales incentive for performance enthusiasts looking for just a bit more out of the Camaro. As Chevy points out in its own literature, the 1LE is "engineered specifically for professional racing and is intended for serious performance enthusiasts only."

The 1LE option was discontinued in 1999. GM's reason was the cost of keeping an inventory of parts for such a low production vehicle was not profitable. SLP brought back the 1LE option in 2001 on Camaro SS and Firebird Firehawks ordered with RPO Y2Y options. There are also no longer restrictions on comfort options and the SLP 1LEs are available with what serious performance enthusiasts may call sissy-ish things like air-conditioning, power leather seats, power windows, power locks, cruise control, T-tops, etc.

Since T-tops are standard on the Trans Am and Formula for 2002, all Firehawks will have T-tops, too.