Quantcast
Many Canadians within $200 of being unable to pay bills - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Many Canadians within $200 of being unable to pay bills

My Ride
    Super Car(s)

Default Many Canadians within $200 of being unable to pay bills

Anyone see this?!?! I'm in awe!

http://www.ctvnews.ca/business/many-...poll-1.2779545

Thoughts!?!? lets hear em

I'm sure glad this is in the car forum and that you obviously would never have to worry about being in this situation

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Was this thread created to boost your ego?
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

I'm amazed that people publically admit to it nowadays. Back in the day, you kept your finances private much like your favorite sex position.

Trump made it fashionable to be eyeballs deep in debt - and be proud of it.

Which IMO is the second sign of the financial apocalypse.
    Cocoa $11,000 per ton.

Originally posted by ZenOps
    I'm amazed that people publically admit to it nowadays. Back in the day, you kept your finances private much like your favorite sex position.

Trump made it fashionable to be eyeballs deep in debt - and be proud of it.

Which IMO is the second sign of the financial apocalypse.
    its different for a business entity to borrow to make capital investments to offset revenues and corporate income taxes, even if it comes out at a wash or even purposely for a loss, as long as you either protect or grow your asset worth.

this article is really about people who #yolo #newsupercars4life who push their TDSR well beyond whats survivable.

simply put... in this recession, all my rig, driling, engineering neighbors with their fancy 1 ton trucks or matching his and hers M series (or packaged) BMWs are putting their houses for sale.

whereas you really aren't seeing houses for sale in affluent areas in the city where people may have a toy in the garage, but drive 5+ year old volvos.

My Ride
    Super Car(s)

Originally posted by r3ccOs
    I'm sure glad this is in the car forum and that you obviously would never have to worry about being in this situation
    eeep sorry, MODS PLZ MOVE to where ever its supposed to be. my bad.

Originally posted by dj_rice
    Was this thread created to boost your ego?
    no... wtf. havn't you heard. I'm InDEBT. My entire life is HELOC.

anyways I'm just curious about your opinions. cause.... well. if this is seriously true, Canadians are in some SERIOUS TROUBLE! I'm a little worried actually after reading it... I mean how can it be true... seriously, wtf.

I'm thinking maybe they poll'ed people that weren't the norm. At least I'm hoping so.

My Ride
    Super Car(s)

its different for a business entity to borrow to make capital investments to offset revenues and corporate income taxes, even if it comes out at a wash or even purposely for a loss, as long as you either protect or grow your asset worth.

this article is really about people who #yolo #newsupercars4life who push their TDSR well beyond whats survivable.

simply put... in this recession, all my rig, driling, engineering neighbors with their fancy 1 ton trucks or matching his and hers M series (or packaged) BMWs are putting their houses for sale.

whereas you really aren't seeing houses for sale in affluent areas in the city where people may have a toy in the garage, but drive 5+ year old volvos.
    wow. thats the smartest thing I ever heard you say. and so true! I started this thread cause I wanted to hear opinions just like these.

I heard a while back talking to some of my business friends, when there's blood on the street, some people gonna get seriously rich.

The more disturbing stat is that 1/4 are already not making enough to cover their debt, which seems to be correct.

163% debt to income ratio is the official stat for Canada back in 2014. So I can imagine its even more so now.

But look on the bright side, at least you don't owe $53 million US like Kanye.
    Cocoa $11,000 per ton.

Originally posted by InRich

wow. thats the smartest thing I ever heard you say. and so true! I started this thread cause I wanted to hear opinions just like these.

I heard a while back talking to some of my business friends, when there's blood on the street, some people gonna get seriously rich.
    only if you can

what I'm describing is this:
    http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/c...ationFlag=true

#yolodenaliHDwhilelivinginaduplex

fact is... in the 90's it was attainable for independent individuals acquire plays from divestitures, but these days its a whole different game

no matter how much you heloc, you aint' picking up Nexen's long lake
    Last edited by r3ccOs; 02-17-2016 at 12:12 AM.

My Ride
    something green

only if you can

fact is... in the 90's it was attainable for independent individuals acquire plays from divestitures, but these days its a whole different game

It might be for sale because those trucks drive like the steering linkages are made of wet spaghetti... Yah he's probably broke to.
    Too loud for Aspen

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

I am starting a new job with a much lower may scale and will probably be close to this every month, however when I factor in my rent income I will still be saving $700-1000 per month comfortably.

My Ride
    Parked in the Bike Lane

Why would you pay your bills in the first place? I'm pretty sure you can just ignore those.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-15-2019 at 03:10 PM.

My Ride
    Toyota’s

only if you can

"looking for some1 to take over payments"

yup, this guys screwed. probably 8 year financing too.

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

I'm within 6 dollars to be retired every week.

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

I am some months definitely one of these people. It became really tough when I had my budget all laid out and actually was making some improvements but then my company decided to change pay schedules dates and now I've had to play catch on a bunch of things.

People take it for granted that everyone makes a shit ton of money and some of us do not. Beyond has a higher percentage of people who make good coin but that doesn't mean everyone around here does... some of us do struggle.

My Ride
    '03 ep3

I just don't understand how people can't be logical and rational when it comes to their finances.

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Originally posted by SmAcKpOo
    I just don't understand how people can't be logical and rational when it comes to their finances.
    They say if you weren't brought up knowing the value of money that it plays a huge part of your financials in your adult life.

Maybe that's part of it.

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

Originally posted by SmAcKpOo
    Some things are taught, some are learned, and others are learned by trial and error.

If you don't have a good role model that is good with money how are you to know how to be good with money?

My girlfriend is a good example of this. She went out and financed a $12,000 car and was unhappy with it so she went and financed another $12,000 car and returned the first. Her once $12,000 car loan was now $24,000 and on top of that they sucked her into buying a $2,000 warranty program.

Her mom and dad was just like "Yup do it!" and now she regrets every minute of it because monthly she pays close to $900 for her car between payments and insurance.

My Ride
    '03 ep3

How did she not analyze that decision rationally and realize what a mistake it was?

I am genuinely curious. How people come to different decisions is fascinating.
    Last edited by SmAcKpOo; 02-17-2016 at 09:49 AM.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast