My Ride
    Grimace

Originally posted by Xaroxantu Zero
    Pricing from Bell is out.

$900 for S7
    $1000 for S7 edge

http://mobilesyrup.com/2016/02/22/ga...ricing-canada/

Cannot afford.

I paid $729 for my launch S6. Guess I am going to have to stick to nexus after I am done with this phone.

Looks like $700 USD though. How did it jump in price $100 from the old model

My Ride
    2017 GTI

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt

Nexus 9 might do the trick for you, still probably the best truly high-end android tablet even though it's a year old. Very fast, great battery life, best speakers - I have no complaints and have used it daily since it was available.

The high end tablet market overall though is slim pickings, I don't know who all these people are buying garbage low-mid range tablets, but that's all anyone seems to make anymore. Even the iPads switched to a 2+ year refresh.

On the phone side, if you have an S6 already, there is little reason to get the S7. If you are still rocking an older phone though, it would be very tempting. They also moved to a 12MP camera sensor so it likely has low light performance matching or surpassing the 6P which would be impressive.
    Which iPad is on a 2+ year refresh? iPad Air 3 has been a year and 1/3, but a refresh is due in March.

Was going to upgrade my s6 edge to an s7 but it doesn't entice me enough. Can't see myself benefiting much from the new features. Going to swap it for a regular s6 or nexus 6p...
    Last edited by nagooro; 02-22-2016 at 10:06 AM.

Originally posted by dtrieu

Which iPad is on a 2+ year refresh? iPad Air 3 has been a year and 1/3, but a refresh is due in March.
    Before the 4, the Mini hadn't changed since 2013 except for the home button, and the Air 3 is still just a rumor. They are not on the same update cycle they used to be on, nobody is.

You seem defensive. Nobody has been releasing high-end 8-10" tablets these days, not Google, not Samsung, not Apple. The market isn't nearly as hot as it used to be. People looking to upgrade don't have much for options right now regardless of what you want. Samsung seems to no longer make high end tablets. The Nexus 9 is a little over a year old now with no successor. Things have slowed down a lot.

My Ride

Holy crap, $400 on contract is pretty ridiculous. I can't justify paying that much for a few small upgrades.

My Ride
    2017 GTI

Before the 4, the Mini hadn't changed since 2013 except for the home button, and the Air 3 is still just a rumor. They are not on the same update cycle they used to be on, nobody is.

You seem defensive. Nobody has been releasing high-end 8-10" tablets these days, not Google, not Samsung, not Apple. The market isn't nearly as hot as it used to be. People looking to upgrade don't have much for options right now regardless of what you want. Samsung seems to no longer make high end tablets. The Nexus 9 is a little over a year old now with no successor. Things have slowed down a lot.
    iPad Mini Lifecycle

They still updated it. You're just so pro-android in every post and so anti-apple.

Originally posted by dtrieu

iPad Mini Lifecycle

They still updated it. You're just so pro-android in every post and so anti-apple.
    I am here specifically complaining about android tablets, in this android specific thread Give it a rest buddy.

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

Originally posted by Projek01
    Holy crap, $400 on contract is pretty ridiculous. I can't justify paying that much for a few small upgrades.
    Upgrading is only worth for those who wait and don't upgrade every release.

I'm on a Galaxy S4 and will be upgrading to the Galaxy S7 and it will be a massive upgrade for me.

My Ride
    Grimace

I am here specifically complaining about android tablets, in this android specific thread Give it a rest buddy.
    Still waiting for something good to upgrade to from my 2013 N7
    Hopefully ipad air 4 is nice and brings over the pencil features from the pro.

Originally posted by firebane

Upgrading is only worth for those who wait and don't upgrade every release.

I'm on a Galaxy S4 and will be upgrading to the Galaxy S7 and it will be a massive upgrade for me.
    Yup. I went from a dying Nexus 5 to a GS6 and almost a year later still, very happy with it. Great battery life and still very snappy and I assume it will only get better once M releases I think in Aprilish.

Originally posted by schocker
    Guess I am going to have to stick to nexus after I am done with this phone.
    You could always go with the OnePlus Two.

My Ride
    Evo, civic

Thinking of upgrading from my dying S5.

Any advantages from buying the phone with telus? Or should I try and pre order from Samsung?

My Ride
    This and that.

Originally posted by georgemagana
    Thinking of upgrading from my dying S5.

Any advantages from buying the phone with telus? Or should I try and pre order from Samsung?
    You can get it for a subsidized price if you buy from the provider.

Curious, what is it that people are doing on their smart phones that requires them to upgrade to the latest and greatest comes out. Hell, I wouldn't have replaced my S3 except the fact that it's battery was toast and I got a free S4 from Rogers and got to keep my grandfathered plan for less than a new S3 battery would have cost me.

For the record, I have exactly one song on my phone that I use as a ring tone, minimal pictures, a calendar and no games - it's used for calls, emails and viewing documents on my Dropbox and Google Drive and my S3 seemed quite capable for any of that.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    Parked in the Bike Lane

Having the newest smartphone is about the same as having a purse with a huge MK medallion dangling from it.

My Ride
    This and that.

Originally posted by speedog
    Curious, what is it that people are doing on their smart phones that requires them to upgrade to the latest and greatest comes out. Hell, I wouldn't have replaced my S3 except the fact that it's battery was toast and I got a free S4 from Rogers and got to keep my grandfathered plan for less than a new S3 battery would have cost me.

For the record, I have exactly one song on my phone that I use as a ring tone, minimal pictures, a calendar and no games - it's used for calls, emails and viewing documents on my Dropbox and Google Drive and my S3 seemed quite capable for any of that.
    I don't even do anything crazy, I just have an issue with wanting to have the latest gadgets and all that. I like technology and all these new gadgets. It's not really a need, it's a want more like which isn't a good thing considering the amount of money that gets dropped into it.

Originally posted by shakalaka

I don't even do anything crazy, I just have an issue with wanting to have the latest gadgets and all that. I like technology and all these new gadgets. It's not really a need, it's a want more like which isn't a good thing considering the amount of money that gets dropped into it.
    So what do with your old shit that really isn't all that old?

You probably have an amazing junk drawer somewhere in your home.

My Ride
    '11 Acura RDX Tech/'15 Ram 1500 Sport

Originally posted by ExtraSlow
    So my S3 is no longer cutting edge?
    Haha I'm still using an S3 as well.

Considering the Sony Z5 or the new LG G5. S7 seems to $$ for me even on a 2yr plan.

My Ride
    Grimace

Originally posted by sputnik
    You could always go with the OnePlus Two.
    I hate their business practices and company as a whole, so I would never support them. Nexbit Robin is pretty interesting though.

Originally posted by speedog

Everyone has different priorities. For someone who uses a smartphone heavily every day, relying on it as their primary means of communication, any noticeable increase in speed, camera performance, screen quality, battery life, etc. can be very much worth the upgrade. Considering how much people rely on smartphones these days (it's their phone, camera, messenger, email, navigation, day planner, MP3 player, wallet, etc.), they are actually not that expensive. Think about how many devices it replaces. Even outright purchasing a new high end smartphone every year and selling it when the next one comes out ends up costing like $1/day - less than a cheap coffee. There is nothing at all wrong with buying older phones or upgrading far less frequently, but it's fairly inexpensive to always have the latest & greatest for those who want it.

Based on your description you are a very light user, and probably wouldn't see nearly as much value by upgrading frequently. It's like saying I have a Civic, drive occasionally, never exceed the speed limit and it gets me from A to B - what exactly are people doing that requires anything else?

It's really no different than any other product. Heavy users and enthusiasts upgrade more frequently and/or are willing to spend more money than others who don't place the same value on it. I can't think of many things that doesn't apply to.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 02-22-2016 at 12:01 PM.

Can we pre-order from Samsung directly? Samsung website just says pre order starts 22nd Feb.. And won't give any details on pricing either. I would hope it's a bit cheaper than bell but maybe I'm just dreaming lol.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast