Quantcast
Samsung Galaxy S7, S7 Edge and others '16 - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Samsung Galaxy S7, S7 Edge and others '16

I contacted their Live Chat. There having some problem with their site. Once the problem is fixed, you can pre-order it.

Rumors S7 Edge + will not happen right? (phones too big)

Originally posted by ThePlaymaker
    I contacted their Live Chat. There having some problem with their site. Once the problem is fixed, you can pre-order it.

Rumors S7 Edge + will not happen right? (phones too big)
    If it is, it's probably not due until the end of summer - they released it alongside the Note last time.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by schocker
    Looks like $700 USD though. How did it jump in price $100 from the old model
    So the strategy of fending off low end phone maker is going higher margin and less volume.

Make sense?

There is nothing much stand out from S6. Heck at least G5 seems to be doing something different.

http://www.theverge.com/2016/2/21/11...price-mwc-2016
    Last edited by Xtrema; 02-22-2016 at 02:57 PM.

My Ride
    Grimace

Originally posted by Xtrema
    So the strategy of fending off low end phone maker is going higher margin and less volume.

Make sense?

There is nothing much stand out from S6. Heck at least G5 seems to be doing something different.

http://www.theverge.com/2016/2/21/11...price-mwc-2016
    I suppose that is true. Is samsung still making midrange or are people stuck buying the previous model.

S6 is different enough from the S6 imo, water/dust proof, brought external storage back (I prefer internal though so I find having only 32gb weird), much larger battery, always on screen finally, actually making use out of the edge, easier shape in the hand with the design, even better camera.

Also, I saw samsung pay is finally coming 2016 but there is no timeline yet.

They changed about all they could with the S7, there just isn't that much to do anymore besides update internals haha, but they did a good job. The waterproofing and micro SD slot will be worth the extra $100 to some, as there was quite an outcry when the S6 omitted them. Phones have already got to the point where successors are thicker, because phones that are too thin are less durable and have tiny batteries. It's getting harder to find ways to innovate, especially because the size wars are long over.

The G5 looks pretty cool - definitely a ballsy phone. Normally I hate dual camera designs but the UWA option is interesting. Not sure I like what they've done with the OS though.

My Ride
    This and that.

G5 is definitely doing something interesting. Although I assume they are gonna want people to buy all the replaceable parts separately which would get quite pricey.

I was looking forward to foldable/bendable smart phones from reading all the buzz on phone arena last year but that doesn't look like is happening anymore.

My Ride
    A Slow Car

The way our economy is right now, i think some people will just suck it up and stick to their old phones unless they drop their prices. Me thinks
    “Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers.”

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by R!zz0
    The way our economy is right now, i think some people will just suck it up and stick to their old phones unless they drop their prices. Me thinks
    The only thing that will make me buy a new phone is a superior camera.

Sony Xperia X Performance sounds good on camera spec and includes some camera know-how from the Sony camera division.

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Sony-...reboot_id78676

Originally posted by ThePlaymaker
    Just went on live chat with Samsung Canada website rep.

He said the phones for pre-order on the website will be carrier-specific and not unlocked.

Originally posted by Seks

Just went on live chat with Samsung Canada website rep.

He said the phones for pre-order on the website will be carrier-specific and not unlocked.

mhmm apparently the support that I talked to, doesn't know shit then. my apology haha
    Last edited by ThePlaymaker; 02-23-2016 at 02:02 AM.

My Ride
    MR2

Any update on when the gold is coming out? I pre-ordered the black edge but am contemplating canceling it and waiting for the gold.
    I have the s6 edge and the waterproofing and longer battery life are the only reasons for my upgrade

Originally posted by Hero_X
    Can we pre-order from Samsung directly? Samsung website just says pre order starts 22nd Feb.. And won't give any details on pricing either. I would hope it's a bit cheaper than bell but maybe I'm just dreaming lol.
    Been trying all day, just got fed up and pre-ordered it from Rogers.

They usually throw a big fuss when i try and buy my phones outright.

Ill try again tomorrow on samsung and cancel from rogers.

My Ride
    Hatred

IP68 is a welcome feature again. That was probably the best thing about the S5. However they stuck with microUSB. I was really hoping to see more phones jump onto the USB-C standard, that connector is bonkers
    -U

Originally posted by K3RMiTdot

Been trying all day, just got fed up and pre-ordered it from Rogers.

They usually throw a big fuss when i try and buy my phones outright.

So there was no outright option when you pre-ordered from Rogers?

My Ride
    MR2

You're not signing a contract during pre-order. You have the option to buy outright once you go to pick up your phone

Is it possible to buy this phone outright? I'm getting mixed messages from bell, like a bitch.

I want to set up the pre-order but i don't know if the store(s) would allow buying out right. Any ideas?

My Ride
    Grimace

Originally posted by Hero_X
    Is it possible to buy this phone outright? I'm getting mixed messages from bell, like a bitch.

I want to set up the pre-order but i don't know if the store(s) would allow buying out right. Any ideas?
    When the S6 came out, I couldn't get any virgin mobile or bell to sell it outright as they were for new customers. I ended up getting it at costco as they will sell it outright as soon as it release iirc. I waited a week before trying costco and I was able to buy a bell model as they had no VM models and it is their sub-brand anyways.

I talked to few of the costco/wireless etc people and they were also claiming they won't sell it out right.

For me, buying outright is a better option than upgrading as it will cost more for me to upgrade (i am already on a contract).

Question:

If i "add a line" to my account, and then cancel it right away (once i get the phone), they would make me pay the device balance sure, but would there be any other fees? Does this effect credit rating?

Lol this is my sneaky back up plan to get the phone out right

My Ride
    girl car

Originally posted by Unknown303
    IP68 is a welcome feature again. That was probably the best thing about the S5. However they stuck with microUSB. I was really hoping to see more phones jump onto the USB-C standard, that connector is bonkers
    Yeah, same for me. Apparently they stuck with Micro-USB so it would stay compatible with the Gear VR that they're pushing. :S

Originally posted by Seks

So there was no outright option when you pre-ordered from Rogers?
    They usually throw a big fuss when I try to purchase it outright.

I might call rogers and ask.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast