Quantcast
Address when applying for non-local jobs - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Address when applying for non-local jobs

My Ride
    2003 Mustang Cobra

Default Address when applying for non-local jobs

I am curious as to people's thoughts/experiences on using alternative addresses when applying for jobs not in their region.

Ex. You live in Calgary and are applying for jobs in BC.

I don't mean just making up an address in the city you are applying, but rather using friends/family addresses in the city you are applying - if possible.

I feel like by having an AB address and applying in BC you won't get far with HR because they might assume since you have no connection or roots in the region you wont stay long, or that you are looking for a band aid job until oil recovers.

Thoughts?

Hmm never thought of this. Maybe that explains why I never get a call or email back when I apply for jobs in BC...

My Ride
    CAEB, 6G72

I hear back from jobs in BC using my current address. And for the most part, most people that I know, who recently have moved also used their Alberta addresses when applying. Would you change to a BC number as well?

My Ride
    2003 Mustang Cobra

Originally posted by My_name_is_Rob
    I hear back from jobs in BC using my current address. And for the most part, most people that I know, who recently have moved also used their Alberta addresses when applying. Would you change to a BC number as well?
    Good to know!

I wouldn't change my phone number, no. I don't think that would make sense - Do you mean using a phone number at the address in BC that you couldn't be on hand to answer, or going to Telus and requesting a new BC number (is this even possible?).

I am more or less looking for opinions/experiences of people who have applied out of their region. Do you leave your address off the resume? Do you use a local address? Do you use your real address?

I just see location as a barrier when applying to out of town jobs; HR might doubt your commitment to the job or your intentions, but I may be mistaken.

My Ride
    BB6

I used my Calgary address and received three offers - two in Vancouver and one in Victoria. The hiring managers of all three offers had an Alberta connection though. One went to school here and another was born in Med Hat

My Ride
    Non Baller Vehicles

I had a UK address and phone number when I got my job in Alberta...

Hoping it will work in reverse too