Quantcast
Realestate agents being lazy? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Realestate agents being lazy?

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

Default Delayed listing on mls.

My neighbors put a sign up to sell their house 5 days ago. Im really interested in what they are selling for as its a big house but its not on mls and its not on the realtors website.
    Last edited by nzwasp; 03-05-2016 at 10:22 PM.

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

Realtors can see new listings right away, there is a delay before the rest of us can see it. Conspiracy? I dunno.

My Ride
    Parked in the Bike Lane

The sign often goes up at a different time than the listing becomes live, and there is some period of time where the listing is available for realtors to view before it hits the public site.

That being said, yes, many realtors are lazy, probably in similar proportion to other industries.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

I know theres a delay I thought it was a day or 2 at the most.
    Quote Originally Posted by BavarianBeast View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Could have been over 60% if I wasn’t a paper hand bitch

Originally posted by RealJimmyJames
    That being said, yes, many realtors are lazy, probably in similar proportion to other industries.
    I'd say it's much higher. A lot of people go into the profession because they couldn't cut it anywhere else.

My Ride
    03 Mdx, 05 Gli

The delay could be the realtor, their office or the website. It's usually only 1-2 days... Sometimes takes longer...

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

Originally posted by Manhattan

I'd say it's much higher. A lot of people go into the profession because they couldn't cut it anywhere else.
    Prob the same with recruiters

My Ride
    Family Hauler

Truth

No one grows up wanting to be a realtor, most people i know who do it are right after they get axed from other jobs.

Also wouldnt surprise me if they keep the good deals quiet and for themselves... i know i would haha.

Not saying there arent good ones out there, just my opinion on most of them.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

In this market, any realtor who is lazy is just waiting for the inevitable. Realtors who still want to have a job are busting their asses.

The gravy train has departed.
    Ultracrepidarian

Originally posted by riander5

Truth

No one grows up wanting to be a realtor, most people i know who do it are right after they get axed from other jobs.

Also wouldnt surprise me if they keep the good deals quiet and for themselves... i know i would haha.

Not saying there arent good ones out there, just my opinion on most of them.
    Did you grow up wanting to do your job? Did you have a job before your current job?

80/20 Rule applies to most everything. Realtors, like any sales position has those doing great no matter the economy and those watching TV all day. A hot local realtor in my area likes to show her cleavage and her left ring-less hand in all her photos. She appears to be doing well.
    Last edited by Minimalist; 02-23-2016 at 11:29 AM.

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

Can echo this sentiment.

GF's SIL is taking a real estate path because she doesn't have anything past a bachelors chemistry degree and couldn't cut it being a lab assistant.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Originally posted by Minimalist

Did you grow up wanting to do your job? Did you have a job before your current job?

80/20 Rule applies to most everything. Realtors, like any sales position has those doing great no matter the economy and those watching TV all day. A hot local realtor in my area likes to show her cleavage and her left ring-less hand in all her photos. She appears to be doing well.
    Pics obviously
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    14 fit, 11 Ridgeline, 12 outlander

Originally posted by rx7boi

Can echo this sentiment.

GF's SIL is taking a real estate path because she doesn't have anything past a bachelors chemistry degree and couldn't cut it being a lab assistant.
    Pics also
    Originally posted by Unknown303
    Everything makes me upset.
    Originally posted by Mibz
    Nonsense. You've all got slanty eyes, play Starcraft, speak Chinese and eat nothing but sushi and ginger beef.

DON'T TRY AND CONVINCE ME OTHERWISE

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

My friend just passed his real estate exams after studying for a year - I get the feeling those exams are alot tougher than its made out to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by BavarianBeast View Post

Could have been over 60% if I wasn’t a paper hand bitch

If it's taking 5-6 days to appear on mls it's past the point where there is any excuses. I would fire the realtor if the property wasn't being setup in a timely matter. It blows my mind when sellers don't hold their realtors accountable.

Other things like no photos being loaded for days or weeks or the property not being mapped properly on Mls are other big issues.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

Originally posted by gwill
    If it's taking 5-6 days to appear on mls it's past the point where there is any excuses. I would fire the realtor if the property wasn't being setup in a timely matter. It blows my mind when sellers don't hold their realtors accountable.

Other things like no photos being loaded for days or weeks or the property not being mapped properly on Mls are other big issues.
    Ive been looking at a lot of vancouver listings lately and the no photos thing seems to be super common. Its either no photos or only photos from streetview, its fucking wierd. And the properties description is not just for a knockdown its super detailed.

Vancouver realestate agents (influenced possibly by the house owners) are the worst for descriptions. For example:

3 bed condo 2 bath - is the listing and in the exact details it also puts 3 bed. Then it lists in the description - lounge has been converted to a 3rd bedroom. Well fuck me then thats not a 3 bed thats a fucking 2 bed you lying sons of bitches.
    Last edited by nzwasp; 02-23-2016 at 12:24 PM.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

There are legit reasons to delay listing a house and having a sign out front doesn't harm anything.
    Staging may not be complete, or the agent may prefer to list it on a certain day of the week.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Originally posted by msommers
    In this market, any realtor who is lazy is just waiting for the inevitable. Realtors who still want to have a job are busting their asses.

The gravy train has departed.
    QFT.

I am seeing TONs of open house signs all over the place now, where in the past 2 years I maybe saw a dozen.

Realtors are working harder for the commissions now.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

Of all the professions out there, I think real estate agents should be abolished. Especially in this day and age with online listings.

The last property I bought, I found it myself hanging out in my living room browsing online. Both realtors took a huge cut of cash for virtually no work when the lawyers do the significant important work of the deal. They are overpaid for their services and make buying and selling properties uneconomical. I think its high time this good old boys clubs comes to an end.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Originally posted by BMDUBS
    Of all the professions out there, I think real estate agents should be abolished. Especially in this day and age with online listings.

The last property I bought, I found it myself hanging out in my living room browsing online. Both realtors took a huge cut of cash for virtually no work when the lawyers do the significant important work of the deal. They are overpaid for their services and make buying and selling properties uneconomical. I think its high time this good old boys clubs comes to an end.
    Doesn't even affect you as a buyer...
    Whenever you get around to selling, go ahead and use your com-free routes or whatever you want. There's enough options out there... (and no I do not have the same opinion of the uber vs cabs issue)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast