Quantcast
Stucco Repair and Window & Door Installers - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Stucco Repair and Window & Door Installers

Default Stucco Repair and Window & Door Installers

Hello,

A friend of mine hired a Kijiji contractor to replace his windows around his house, long story short he was screwed and the windows were installed without the proper flashing done. The general contractor also messed up the stucco around all the windows and we basically need to find someone to flash the windows and doors properly, as well as repair the stucco..

Any Beyonders have any experience with a specific company/contractor that can do a good job? Just need someone reputable since he spent thousands for a hackjob.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Pretty sure this is what Rich does. I haven't used him, but I hear he's actually a reputable businessman.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Super Car(s)

I'm interested in your situation. and can remedy the entire problem for you, properly, professionally, with highly skilled contractors, but I'll need to paint/refinish/refresh the stucco on the ENTIRE house afterwards, so that the entire house colour matches to the repaired area's. So you will be getting your entire house repainted by me aftwards, to any colour you wish, essentially making your house look brand new again from the exterior.

This is a very complicated job, if you dont know what your doing, if you cant match the stucco repairs properly (texture, flow etc) the job will look like shit. I'll be honest, there are very few contractors in town that will do this job for you properly.

I'm interested in the job, but like I said, I will NOT take it unless you give me the contract to repaint the entire house after the repairs. I will recoat the entire house with this product afterwards

http://www.cloverdalepaint.com/home_.../Towerthon.pdf

Repairs depending on severity will be around 800 - 1600, i am happy to do the repairs for you FREE (in other words whatever it costs me, to the dollar, is what I'll charge you) as long as you sign up for the painting at my regular price afterwards.

Check out my reviews
    https://homestars.com/companies/2781...e_area=1833807

Originally posted by InRich
    I'm interested in your situation. and can remedy the entire problem for you, properly, professionally, with highly skilled contractors, but I'll need to paint/refinish/refresh the stucco on the ENTIRE house afterwards, so that the entire house colour matches to the repaired area's. So you will be getting your entire house repainted by me aftwards, to any colour you wish, essentially making your house look brand new again from the exterior.

This is a very complicated job, if you dont know what your doing, if you cant match the stucco repairs properly (texture, flow etc) the job will look like shit. I'll be honest, there are very few contractors in town that will do this job for you properly.

I'm interested in the job, but like I said, I will NOT take it unless you give me the contract to repaint the entire house after the repairs. I will recoat the entire house with this product afterwards

http://www.cloverdalepaint.com/home_.../Towerthon.pdf

Repairs depending on severity will be around 800 - 1600, i am happy to do the repairs for you FREE (in other words whatever it costs me, to the dollar, is what I'll charge you) as long as you sign up for the painting at my regular price afterwards.

Check out my reviews
    https://homestars.com/companies/2781...e_area=1833807
    Thanks InRich, I'll give you a call tomorrow.

Sounds like the pricey way... refinish the entire house.

Couldn't you build the flashing out around the windows? I guess it all depends what was done and what it looks like. If the windows are sunk in, etc

He went Kijiji contractor before, guessing still looking for el cheapo method.

Originally posted by mr2mike

Couldn't you build the flashing out around the windows? I guess it all depends what was done and what it looks like. If the windows are sunk in, etc

He went Kijiji contractor before, guessing still looking for el cheapo method.
    Yeah, you could do bigger window trim, hardie board trim or something. But a complete refinish might look nice also.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by mr2mike
    So far, I have not seen any windows replacement in my hood that doesn't end up with a full exterior redone. It's either sooner or later. People who didn't do it at first has to put up with new/old shit for a while and ended up repainting the whole house anyway.

So may as well do it right the 1st time.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 03-07-2016 at 03:23 PM.

Originally posted by JustinMCS

Yeah, you could do bigger window trim, hardie board trim or something. But a complete refinish might look nice also.
    It was such a hack job, some windows were sunk in while others are flush to stucco. I spoke to Richard @ Legacy Exteriors today, awesome guy and professional. Just going to see what my friend wants to do at this time since he's looking to sell the house, so a cheaper fix would be ideal. Although the proper way as Richard mentioned was to repair and repaint.

May or may not end up fixing it, or maybe just build the flash outwards/bigger and around the windows. Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

My Ride
    Super Car(s)

^ you can always offer a discount to the future potential buyer, and just forget about it, and move on. say like 7k off or something.

On the other hand. Like I told you earlier. That house stucco, looks absolutely hideous! I mean seriously, looks like something outta a horror flick, lol. If I refinished it in a lighter colour, like light grey or something, it would look so much nicer, and bigger, improving the curb appeal by 3 fold.

thanks for the kind words btw good luck with the sale either way, if you need me i'm a simple txt or phone call away!

Hey another option instead of repainting the entire home is to do an efis shadowboard. Ofcourse still cut out around the window, seal it and reflash. This would get rid of any mis match in texture, if some are sticking in and out it would no longer be noticeable, foam will stick out 2 inches.. Ive done this lots on reno's because of old ass stucco guys not flashing new windows .. A lot of people do this besides refinishing the entire home . take a look at DSL Foods (42nd ave sw) on google streetview. They took over the building and had leaks around windows and the stucco wasnt even floated on the building. They had us redo around all the windows using the efis shadowboard..