Quantcast
2016 Golf Thread - Page 9 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 19 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Golf Thread

My Ride
    V8s

Well, first two rounds this weekend were in the mid 90s. Thoroughly unimpressed, either I couldn't get off the tee, or (on a few occasions) I'd ruin a birdie chance and wind up with a fcking 3-putt bogey.

Playing again later today, hopefully it works out a little better.

My Ride
    Has 5 wheels.

i only got out once for a twilight round on friday. same story as last round, couldn't hit my driver very well, not til the back 9. 3 lost balls on the front hurt big time.

buddy and i snuck a cool 5 extra holes in at the end of the round for some practice.

My Ride
    V8s

Well, I definitely played better on Sunday. Unfortunately two triples on the back 9 prevented me from going sub-90. Good news is I hit (or nearly hit) the majority of fairways.

On another note, in the 2015 golf thread, these were mentioned but nothing ever came of it:

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

My wife's dad bought a few dozen and gave me some to try out. For anyone who was skeptical, don't be. The only downside to these so far (in comparison to higher end tour balls), is by the time you're playing your second round with a ball, it gets a little discolored - becomes slightly off-white. Aside from that, they're great. Seem to be more durable than the Nike RZN Black balls (which for me are fairly scuffed up after 18 holes).

Played Hamptons yesterday. Shot 103, which is my first score over 100 in the last 2 years.

Just awful

My Ride
    335xi 70 c10 84 c10 Indian chief

I have been at the range all week working on my pull with the driver and my shanks with the irons. It took 3 trips to adjust where I am hitting it straight again. I need to go a few more times to get that into my muscle memory otherwise i'll be swinging shitty if I go play another round. At least the weather sucks

Was planning on going today (Monday) but it's cold and shitty so I'm couching it and watching Gas Monkey and Fantom Works. Hopefully it's warmer for my tee time on Wednesday. Loving my new 58deg lob wedge!

My Ride
    04 EP3'

playing glen eagles this afternoon... gonna be a tough day with high winds later today. great course but very open to wind. anyone play there this year yet? how was it?

Played there like a month ago. Was good condition then, probably way better now.

I played Elks yesterday. Was an ok round. Shot 95. Just brutal driving

I am playing friday morning by myself. If I get paired up with a group that isn't walking is it rude of me to walk?

Originally posted by lasimmon

I am playing friday morning by myself. If I get paired up with a group that isn't walking is it rude of me to walk?
    I say it's fine to walk. In most cases walking is just as quick as two people driving.

My Ride
    2005 F350

Just do whatever you want. I have walked while my friends took a cart. I've also walked when I was paired up with people as well. no biggie.
    "Make Canada a better place, punch a Canuck fan in the face" - Jim Rome

My Ride
    335xi 70 c10 84 c10 Indian chief

If they pair you with 3 and one has a cart catch a ride every now and then If you hit near him. I walked fox hollow recently and I would say it added about 15-20 minutes total to my game.

My Ride
    Defender, Allroad

Walking is just as fast I find, as long as you are doing it right. That means walking to your ball, and not walking to your friend's ball, and playing ready golf. That's why carting isn't that much faster, unless you are hitting from the same spots over and over after driving to your ball.

Added benefit is that you get a lot of steps in. We walked Elbow Springs the other day, and the guy mentioned he got about 13-14000 steps in, all said and done for the round.

My Ride
    V8s

Carting is only faster if everyone on the course is carting and the pace of play is based on that. On courses that have a mix of walkers and carters, the pace of play is the walking pace in which case it doesn't matter if you cart or don't.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

My pace of play in controlled by the fact that I hit 110 shots per round. I could be riding a tortoise and I don't think I'd be any slower . . . .

Happy Friday folks.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

I have a 8:20am at Maple Ridge for 4 tomorrow that we can't make. Going to cancel it in the next hour unless someone wants to take it.

Anyone play that Apple Creek or something outside Airdrie? Have a work function there in August

My Ride
    2017 Tacoma street queen

Apple Creek is not bad bring extra balls if you don't have your target practice on point. Tons of areas off limits due to environmental reasons.

My Ride
    Defender, Allroad

Originally posted by Dumbass17
    Anyone play that Apple Creek or something outside Airdrie? Have a work function there in August
    No bunkers, but there are creeks that run all over the course, and would wager there's some sort of water hazard on 80% of the holes. Also the greens are very small and a few of them require you to hit short and roll it on. Good test of golf for sure.

My Ride
    V8s

Beautiful day for golf yesterday. Had a shitty front 9 and decent back 9 yesterday (48,44). I would have been in the 80s easily if I hadn't started the front 9 with a double/quad/triple combo.
    Heading out again a little later today, should be another nice day.

My Ride
    '05 Wrx stage 2

Originally posted by Dumbass17
    Played it a couple weeks ago. Greens in really rough shape but i'm sure that will improve as the season goes. The thing I didn't like about the course is you can never see the green on your approach shots, they are all surrounded by environmental areas roped off. So it's always a surprise as to whether you made a good shot or not.

Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 19 ... LastLast