Quantcast
2016 Golf Thread - Page 5 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 15 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Golf Thread

My Ride
    2005 F350

gotta love the hockey sticks and snowmen!
    "Make Canada a better place, punch a Canuck fan in the face" - Jim Rome

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Played a twilight round at the Elks yesterday, what a beautiful day! Got cool as the sun went behind the hill. Love this time of year, I was all over the course, so it really helps when the trees have no leaves on them! I shot a 101, which for me is actually decent. Only lost one ball in the water, which is also pretty decent. More importantly, beat my buddy at skins, which is crucial.

All the rough areas are full of fluffy dead grass, so it was pretty hard to get a poor lie. I'm sure the forgiving conditions had a lot to do with my scoring. Once the rough grows up and the trees leaf out, that same round is easily five shots worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    V8s

I've finally gotten to the point where I'm past the hockey sticks and snowmen, but not by a lot haha. I closed with an 87 last year, and opened with a 96 this year. I've been in the low/mid 90s for the rest this year, except the round we played with wind gusts up to ~50kph haha.

Just went to practise last night with a buddy for a couple hours after work. Probably head again sometime this week with the wife, and have rounds booked on Sat and Sun. Hopefully the weather holds up

Played for the first time ever today. I shot 110 but I did move the ball from tricky spots.

Do you guys have any recommendations for instructors? I'd like to do like an hour just to learn the proper techniques.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

110 for your first time ever is actually quite good. Nice job!
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

not really a 110 if moving the ball from tricky spots tho

Finally got to golf in Calgary this past weekend, both at Elbow Springs.

88 and 88. 43 out 45 in friday, 47 out 41 in Saturday. Was 1 over through 6 on the back 9 and of course had to fuck that up

I can't hit my driver worth shit to start this season aside from saturdays back 9. Thankfully irons and putting saving my score.

hopefully go do some more walk ons next weekend and see if i can build on that. definitely liking the tourtrek cart gf bought me, much better than the crap ones they had. play better when i walk vs power cart

My Ride
    V8s

Originally posted by colinxx235
    not really a 110 if moving the ball from tricky spots tho

Haha that's what I was thinking, but that's normal for someone just starting golf. If anyone kept real score the first time they went out golfing (myself included), they'd probably just cry and never try the sport again.

I had a shit round on Saturday (101, 50/51), couldn't get off the tee. Better yesterday with a 92 (42/48). Had a short stretch on sunday where I was pulling approach shots left of the green, makes it tough to par or bogey when you're scrambling. I'm still chalking these misses up to early season performance. I'm hoping by the time I have 10 rounds in (next couple weeks), I'll have sorted out these stupid mistakes.
    Last edited by bjstare; 04-18-2016 at 08:29 AM.

My Ride
    Lariat

Played Glen Eagles on saturday, course is in great shape. I was pretty happy for the first round of the year and shooting an 88. I had an eagle on 6 which was pretty cool. Cant wait to get out again!
    _____ASP______

current ski quiver:
    park, all mtn 181 ON3P Kartel 98
    park,all mtn: 181 Armada AR7
    big mtn, pow: 185 Armada JJ

Played Sirroco yesterday.

Slow as hell on the front 9, luckily lots of groups stopped there.

Shot 92 which isn't that bad for me. But should have been sub 90.

My Ride
    2005 F350

played D'arcy Ranch yesterday.

shot a 46 front nine. back was going so well until the last 3 holes. finished the round scoring a 6, 8, 8 to completely kill my score.

back nine was 3 pars, and 3 bogeys up to that point. should've been under 90.
    "Make Canada a better place, punch a Canuck fan in the face" - Jim Rome

My Ride
    Defender, Allroad

Originally posted by lasimmon
    Yup I started keeping honest scores the last few years to actually try and get better at golf.
    Being honest about your scores is the only meaningful way to track your progress. Who cares if you shoot 100, it's not like someone is going to look down on you because you are not a good golfer. If they do care, it's probably someone with their head up their ass.

Played Wednesday(Rivers Edge) Friday(Valley Ridge) and Sunday(Shag). 39 on the front 9 at River's, missed a couple of short putts, and could have been close to par. Friday was the worst round of the year(88) and Sunday I was +2 over after 9 holes. I also forgot how to hit a driver after it being one of the more consistent clubs in my bag thus far in 2016. Need some range time to sort that shit out.

Played Lakeside yesterday...shot a 78! Super excited as its my first time breaking 80.

My Ride
    Has 5 wheels.

i hit up glen eagles on sunday. Driver stunk for all but the last 3 holes, so lots of long irons for recovery. was +5 through 8 holes, then fell apart on the 9th getting another +5. It was downhill from there until the last couple holes. Finished 46 out and 51 in. Not terrible considering I just had knee surgery 6 months ago.

My Ride
    V8s

Been quiet in here. Everyone avoiding the shitty weather? haha

Last weekend was the first weekend I haven't gotten to the course in over a month (not due to weather, funny enough, just too busy).

Anyone getting out this weekend? I've got tee times booked sat and sun, gonna try to drag the wife out to the course after work today too

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I'm playing Valley Ridge sunday morning, will be my first time out on course for the year. Weather is looking promising.

Got told I am not working next Friday as well so hoping to make it out Friday afternoon as well.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    14' C63 507 Edition Coupe

I've played a few rounds so far this year.

Latest was a couple Sundays ago at Blue Devil, 92 with a triple bogey on 18. Right into the greenside bunker from 150 yards and a few swipes to get it out

Playing Sunday at Darcy Ranch, IMO best course for the money in the Calgary area. Staff is great, course is usually in great shape and fun to play lots of elevation changes unique holes.

I have Tuesdays off and usually book a tee time with one of my colleagues, always looking for two more if anyone wants in!

Jesus, shot a 45 at confed last sat. Then shot a 54 and 56 on 18 at McCall. Fml, horrible game horrible wind haha

Originally posted by cjblair
    Been quiet in here. Everyone avoiding the shitty weather? haha

Last weekend was the first weekend I haven't gotten to the course in over a month (not due to weather, funny enough, just too busy).

Anyone getting out this weekend? I've got tee times booked sat and sun, gonna try to drag the wife out to the course after work today too

I teed off on 1030 sunday thinking it wouldn't be too bad. Wore track pants, thicker jacket and had winter gloves on between every shot plus wore them to put

When I got home my hands were numb for quite some time and easily the coldest round I have ever golfed in. Shot a 96 which was meh considering conditions. You got scared to take a divot because of the pain through hands and putting with winter gloves on was interesting to say the least

Hitting up elbow tmr for sure, might try sunday as well

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

After vowing to shoot sub 90 last season and not doing it, I figured it might never happen. Until today haha, second round of the season (zero range sessions) and I punch a 40/41 for an 81 today at Murfield Lakes from the tips (it's a shorter course I guess). Fuck yea haha. Was nailing puts from all over the green and sticking chips all over the place. So much fun.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

For those of you who hate sunshine, the EagleQuest dome has the summer passes on sale now.
    ----------------
    Summer Pass! $170 (1 hour of range time, unlimited balls, 7 days per week May 1 to October 31)

Actually a pretty decent deal if you live around there. I may pick it up, I could use some reps.

Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 15 ... LastLast