Quantcast
2016 Golf Thread - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 31 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Golf Thread

Default 2016 Golf Thread

Since the first course (on full greens) opens tomorrow it's time to start the 2016 thread.

Blue Devil announced today that they will be opening tomorrow on full greens.

Last year Fox Hollow was the first to open on temp greens/tee boxes on March 7th. I don't recall when they opened this year but it was most likely on temps as well.

No new gear for me in the off season. I did buy a new driver (G30) and irons (Nike Vapor) in the middle of last season. Going to try and make it though this season without switching.

My Ride
    2005 F350

I still have a raincheck from Blue Devil that I got last year. it was the last day of the year and a blizzard blew in right after we made the turn. the weather started out great and turned to shit real quick.
    "Make Canada a better place, punch a Canuck fan in the face" - Jim Rome

Just heard Glen Eagles will be open on full greens on Thursday.

My Ride
    V8s

I got a new driver this winter (Titleist 915D3, 9.5*, Diamana D+ White 70g) and it's been great to hit so far (only on the launch monitor at my course, and in the bubble - looking forward to hitting it where I can actually see full ball flight). I also picked up a couple vokey wedges that were on clearance (48*, 56*), and lastly regripped all my clubs (if that counts haha).

Our driving range is scheduled to open in 2 weeks. Course likely won't be open until late april on full greens. Can't wait.

My Ride
    M3

Default Re: 2016 Golf Thread

Originally posted by roopi
    Since the first course (on full greens) opens tomorrow it's time to start the 2016 thread.

Blue Devil announced today that they will be opening tomorrow on full greens.

Last year Fox Hollow was the first to open on temp greens/tee boxes on March 7th. I don't recall when they opened this year but it was most likely on temps as well.

No new gear for me in the off season. I did buy a new driver (G30) and irons (Nike Vapor) in the middle of last season. Going to try and make it though this season without switching.
    Fox Hollow opened up like 2-3 weeks ago on temp greens.

My Ride
    R171 and Sttutgarts SUV

Buddy just had to bail on golf tmrw so I got one spot open I can't seem to fill. Blue Devil on Saturday around 1130am. PM me if you would like to join and I'll send you the exact time.

Two of us shoot in the mid 70s mid season and my better half is on the exact opposite of the spectrum.

My Ride
    V8s

My MIL bailed on my FIL today, so it looks like I'll be heading to Heather Glen to fill in. I really didn't like that course last time I played it, but it'll be nice to get out. I had a rough day at the range yesterday for some reason, so hopefully today goes better.

Originally posted by cjblair
    My MIL bailed on my FIL today, so it looks like I'll be heading to Heather Glen to fill in. I really didn't like that course last time I played it, but it'll be nice to get out. I had a rough day at the range yesterday for some reason, so hopefully today goes better.
    What type of jeans you wearing for the round?

Got a full set of clubs for sale if anyone is interested.
    Tommy Armour 845s 3-pw, Arnie's Own putter, Taylormade Rocketballz stage 2 adjustable driver, all right hand. $150 takes it all. Pm me

My Ride
    Mom-van

Had a feeling this was getting going, so I came out of hiding to join the convo. Lots of southern AB courses now open (HeatherGlen, GlenEagles, Blue Devil, Boulder Creek, Silverwing, Muirfield Lakes, Taber, Land 'O Lakes, Picture Butte, Henderson Lakes, Strathmore GC)

Who's all going to the Golf Show next weekend? Make sure you stop by my booth. Giving away a set of M2 irons!!
    ~*Leah*~

My Ride
    LX 5.0

Which booth? Alberta golf tour? Or country hills?

My Ride
    Mom-van

Alberta Golf Tour! Not with Country Hills anymore now that I've moved to the middle of nowhere (but they don't have a booth anyway)

Can't miss the huge flags, and once again right at the entrance to the Clearance Centre.
    ~*Leah*~

My Ride
    V8s

What type of jeans you wearing for the round?
    We got matched up with a middle aged couple who "got our practise in last night on Golden Tee"

Overall, I was really impressed with the greens, only a couple were in really bad shape.

Where is the golf show? How much to go?

My Ride
    Defender, Allroad

Played Blue Devil Friday, and it was all on full greens(minus the crazy amount of top dressing on some of them). Course was as you expected it for March, but it's still golf. However, each winter I forget how much Blue Devil costs to play, and then I play there in March and remember how terrible the value is there(~$100 for fees and half a cart).

But, I chipped in for eagle on 9(our 18th hole) to set the bar pretty high to start the year.

My Ride
    Mom-van

Originally posted by lasimmon
    Where is the golf show? How much to go?
    It's at the BMO Centre at Stampede Park. $10 admission or you can print off a coupon to save $2 at www.albertagolfshows.com
    ~*Leah*~

My Ride
    V8s

They finally opened the range at my course. They got new practise turf for spring/fall when the grass area is closed, and new practise balls as well (Titleist NXT Tour S). Pretty awesome using soft practise balls and being able to see my scoring iron shots spin back on the range
    click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

The fairways were looking really good, probably only 2 more weeks before they open for golf.

Originally posted by cjblair
    They finally opened the range at my course. They got new practise turf for spring/fall when the grass area is closed, and new practise balls as well (Titleist NXT Tour S). Pretty awesome using soft practise balls and being able to see my scoring iron shots spin back on the range
    click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

The fairways were looking really good, probably only 2 more weeks before they open for golf.

Which course?

Which course?
    Looks like the valley ridge driving range to me

My Ride
    '11 Titan/01 RC51

Darcy ranch..

Page 1 of 31 1 2 11 ... LastLast