Quantcast
Wireless security camera systems - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Wireless security camera systems

Default Wireless security camera systems

Hey guys

Just wondering if any of you have any recommendations for a wireless security camera system.

My house gets a ton of foot traffic since we live along a main stretch and a c-train station down the hill - so we've seen everything from used condoms in our black garbage bin (we now put the bins in our yard - otherwise we had them pushed against our fence just like everybody else in the area), stolen halloween/christmas decorations, damage to our cars , wipers that have been lifted to avoid ice - mine have been pushed back down , neighbours have had theirs ripped off , cars getting unplugged in the winter time, hit and run on vehicles on our street, and this morning my dog came in with a piece of half eaten deep fried chicken + bone in her mouth and it looks like somebody was tired of carrying their food and tossed their left over box into our yard so I picked up chicken bits + pasta all over my yard .

I know cameras won't likely stop this (maybe it will a bit if people see them?) , but at least I can find out vehicles make/models for the hit and run - maybe catch a photo of somebody damaging cars in the neighbourhood.

It's been a real pain in the ass, we shovel our walk (and use ice melter so pedestrians don't slip), we tend to our yard very regularly (summertime every saturday afternoon so we let people sleep in), we pick up other peoples dog shit off our yard and neighbours hard, because apparently people can't do it themselves, so I don't see anything that we would be doing to put a chip on anybodies shoulder to be an asshole to us - but I know it's not us specifically since it's happening to quite a few houses on the street.

On a side note/rant/vent ... I fucking hate c-train stations. I get it that 95% of the people are walking to the station for work and all that, and that's great - but it's the drunk cunts that get off the train that come up the hill and do this shit
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride
    ...BNT0B0X...

I don't get why people would go out of their way to unplug the cars in the wintertime....

Along with all the other things you listed don't people just have better things to do then to waste their time fucking around with other people??....I have never understood that...
    ...@therealarifjina...

Me either man , blows my mind

Been looking at this product - various sites give it mixed reviews, i just need 2 cameras - 1 I can put on my shed in the back to watch the alley, the other for the front of my house.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/...aa7d8d3295en02

It's a shame, I've lived in this area for close to 20+ years and it's been going in the shitter for the last 5-6 years. SO many rental properties where people have garbage on their lawns, cracked steps going to peoples homes, unmowed lawns, dog shit on front lawns just left alone, 6 cars parked out front of their homes so you have to park 2 houses away to get to your house, lawns not getting looked after, not shoveling etc (Shawnessy if anybody is curious).

I'm not saying all renters are bad, I used to rent and I shoveled / cleaned the eaves/ mowed the lawn. I took pride of ownership where I lived - unfortunately not all people are like this. It's crazy though, I know the people who own their properties (we're all quite friendly with each other and chat in the alley / front yards), but then we see the dozen or so houses along the street with "FOR RENT" signs up every 6 months.
    Last edited by 403Gemini; 03-12-2016 at 10:13 AM.
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

Bump...

Did you get that system 403 ??
    2011 Ram 1500 QC Sport
    2017 Jeep Cherokee Limited

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

We just have a couple of IP cameras picked up from ebay. Less than $100 total, and they work great. (Surprisingly, even in the dark). Our system doesn't record though, so I basically check in on them in the event of a sensor being tripped - which is alerted to me via my phone.