Quantcast
Apple announces The iPhone SE - 4 Inch Smartphone - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Apple announces The iPhone SE - 4 Inch Smartphone

My Ride
    17 Civic HB Sport

Default Apple announces The iPhone SE - 4 Inch Smartphone

Just announced:

Apple has just announced the iPhone SE, a new 4-inch smartphone that offers a smaller and cheaper option to the company's flagship iPhone 6S and 6S Plus. It's like a mix between the iPhone 5 and iPhone 6 generations of devices, taking the size and design of one and the latest specs and capabilities of the other. Apple calls the iPhone SE "the most powerful 4-inch smartphone ever."

At the heart of the iPhone SE is the 64-bit Apple A9 processor together with the embedded M9 motion co-processor, the same as the iPhone 6S. That means it can play games just as brilliantly as Apple's current flagship, plus it supports hands-free "Hey Siri" prompting. The camera is also carried over from the 6S, it's the same 12-megapixel iSight camera with a dual-tone flash and the ability to shoot Live Photos and 4K video.

Compared to the iPhone 5S that precedes the new SE at the 4-inch size, Apple's new smartphone has faster LTE, faster Wi-Fi (802.11ac), better battery life, new microphones, and the significant addition of Apple Pay support. Having sold 30 million 4-inch iPhones in 2015, Apple clearly considers this an important market that it needed to address with its latest specs and capabilities and that's what the iPhone SE aims to achieve.

"Many, many customers have asked for this," said Apple CEO Tim Cook during Apple's launch event. "And I think they're going to love it."

The new iPhone SE starts at $399 with 16GB of storage and maxes out at $499 with 64GB. It'll be available in gold and rose gold colors alongside more traditional light and dark options. Preorders begin on March 24th and the phone will be available on March 31st. The iPhone SE will be in more than 100 countries by the end of May.
    LINK with Video
    What kind of birdhouse can you build with popsicles, roofies, and a rubber mallet?
    "It's for a rare African bird called "none your business."
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    If you were straight I'd eat you like a BLT sandwich with extra Bacon. And I fucking LOVE bacon.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

Dayum are you people made of money?

Oh wait, wrong forum.
    Cocoa $12,000 per ton.

My Ride
    teslo murdel free

Fucking pricing is insane. Not that I would buy the SE, just anything Apple right now is too expensive

My Ride
    G37X

I'm interested...my contract is up in June and wouldn't mind an upgrade from my 5C. 6's are just too massive. But certain elements of the iphone experience piss me off

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Originally posted by eglove
    Fucking pricing is insane. Not that I would buy the SE, just anything Apple right now is too expensive
    We can blame our resident rage2 for this cult; everyone wants what rage has.

http://mobilesyrup.com/2016/03/18/ca...to-idc-report/

Canadians prefer to stay within a given ecosystem, specifically Apple, according to IDC report

Apple is the only ecosystem across all device categories ranked the highest with 19 percent and these buyers are less price sensitive. Android enthusiasts represented 10 percent and reportedly “do their homework when it comes to buying technology and make confident decisions.” Microsoft-only users tallied in at 13 percent and are more popular with those aged 50+ who “place high value on the desktop computer and TV.” The remaining percentage of those surveyed were more likely to use a combination of ecosystems, or no ecosystem preference at all.

Apple one button mouse. PC 20 button mouse.

Which is better?
    Cocoa $12,000 per ton.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by jwslam
    We can blame our resident rage2 for this cult; everyone wants what rage has.

http://mobilesyrup.com/2016/03/18/ca...to-idc-report/
    I'm not on 1 ecosystem.

I use Apple for phone/tablet/TV, Microsoft for my desktop and laptop (surface pro), and Google for all my work apps (gmail, drive etc).
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I find the whole android master race debate pretty hilarious. Never met a more judgemental group of people than android owners on the internet.

Personally I have never met someone irl who wants an android device. Closest is some stubborn blackberry users. But overall everyone I know wants an iPhone. One exception is s buddy of mine who thinks windows phone is going to eventually take off lol. It guy.

I know some people who use android. The only reason they ha ever gave was that it was cheaper than an iPhone. Not better. Not cooler. Not more useful. Cheaper. I know one guy who liked his galaxy because it had an app available to pirate movies lol. Even he says he's gunna get an iPhone again time as the android is irritating to use.

As for the ecosystem? Personally I am similar to rage. Use windows 7 at work. Have a win 10 surface as my mobile device. IPhone 6s as my phone. Game on an Xbox and use as a media hub for my home theatre. Use a Samsung smart TV in my bedroom. Google nest thermostat and cameras. IMac as my personal pc and even gaming rig.

The ecosystem argument is moot jmo as things are more integrated and interoperable than ever. There are a specific features to certain ecosystems that are exclusive. I don't know anyone who uses them. Imessage is an exception that imo only exists because it works automatically. Otherwise few would likely enable it. Aside from that I have a ton of systems that connect and work together splendidly.

Anyone else remember when no one else gave a shit about what kind of cell phone you decided to use?

I remember having an lg shine flip. Some had razors. Some blackberry. And a few Nokia floating around.

As for this phone. Small. 400us. Ac WiFi and fast lte. Updated processor. As much memory available as you want. Seems like s good strategy for apple and k bet they sell a metric ton. Tons of people still use iPhone 4/5 based phones. This is a great upgrade for them. I almost preferred the smaller form factor personally.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Originally posted by eglove
    The pricing is insane, as in $400 USD is insane? Or do you mean the current Canadian price is insane because of our myopic, commodity based economy? It seems to me that $400 USD is pretty decent for the specifications, and for not having to deal with android fuckery.
    I'd vote for him. America may have a black guy, but we'd have captain fucking Kirk.

My Ride
    Hybrid

Originally posted by killramos
    Personally I have never met someone irl who wants an android device.
    You need to get out more and meet more people irl
    Originally posted by max_boost
    Hey baller, any problem money can solve is no problem at all. Don't sweat it.

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

Just got a 6, the screen is a bit big IMO, I miss the size of the 5
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

Originally posted by Str1der

The pricing is insane, as in $400 USD is insane? Or do you mean the current Canadian price is insane because of our myopic, commodity based economy? It seems to me that $400 USD is pretty decent for the specifications, and for not having to deal with android fuckery.

Originally posted by Strider

You need to get out more and meet more people irl

are you guys the same person?

Originally posted by sabad66
    are you guys the same person?
    Yes.
    I'd vote for him. America may have a black guy, but we'd have captain fucking Kirk.

I'm very tempted by the iPhone SE. I'm still using a 4s. It still looks nice (to me anyways), but it's getting sluggish. I feel the 6 is a bit big.

As for "eco-system", I'm all over the place. Have an old (plastic) white MacBook for backup all the iOS devices, and update one of my photo website. Two iPads, one dell Venue 8 Pro (windows 10), one windows 8 phone. My photo / game computer is a PC. My travel / zwift machine is a convertible laptop (windows 10). Upgraded my wife from Nexus 4 -> 6p. Her main home use machine is a Mac Mini, while her work machine is a Dell laptop. Lastly, a Nexus player for running Kodi.

My Ride
    Bicycle

the only thing i have against iPhone is Apple maps. Let Google Maps into Carplay and I would have no issue with it.

Is Apple map as good as google map now?

Originally posted by Xtrema
    the only thing i have against iPhone is Apple maps.
    Oh yes, I hide it in a folder on my third page of icons :P Then I have to remember not to click any address directly. Always copy and paste...

My Ride
    teslo murdel free

Originally posted by Str1der

USD conversion

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast