Quantcast
Blue Yeti Microphones - is it worth it with Amazon.ca lightening deal? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Blue Yeti Microphones - is it worth it with Amazon.ca lightening deal?

Default Blue Yeti Microphones - is it worth it with Amazon.ca lightening deal?

As the thread states, Amazon lightening deals has the platinum microphone on sale from $189 to $109:

Amazon Link

Have heard good things about them before (blog sites, etc.). Has anyone here used them before?

Deal ends today, or when they sell out, so if anyone has a quick response that would be great!

Thanks!

My Ride
    2020 Tacoma DCSB

Default Re: Blue Yeti Microphones - is it worth it with Amazon.ca lightening deal?

Haven't used one before - but have watched many Twitch streams and YouTube videos of people using it and there's a very noticeable quality difference between people using something like this versus cheaper alternatives (LG Webcam mics, Turtle beach headsets etc.) The audio seems more clear and almost a bit more "professional" if that's a good way to put it..

I'd say go for it. Pretty sweet deal, I haven't seen it this cheap before.

I've had for one for a few years. The quality when it's working is great, I've used it for recording myself as well as groups and it's been solid. I also use it as a headphone amp at home, which is really nice. However, probably 3 times a week it'll just disconnect for a few seconds. Not a huge deal during most situations but it actually removes your audio playback device from Windows when it happens. With some games, once they lose their sound device they won't re-add it without restarting the game. Did a bunch of troubleshooting and it's definitely the mic. It was never enough of a problem to contact Blue though.

It might just be a lemon, I don't know for sure. Maybe they fixed it in newer models. For $110 I'd probably do it.

My Ride
    Grimace

Good mics make everything easier. I had looked at the yeti which has great reviews. This one is nice as you can choose different modes for stereo, cardioid, omnidirectional and bidirectional. Would make it good for recording music, podcasts or playing games. I have a Samson Meteor which is only cardioid as I use it on my PC for games and maybe podcasts in the future but I only need it to record my voice and not pic up all my ambient noises.
    This is a pretty good deal. It has been cheaper, but not in the last few months on amazon

http://ca.camelcamelcamel.com/Blue-M...uct/B008F4USMS

I know nothing about the mics themselves but I see them for around $100 on lightning deals every couple weeks or so, it's a regular sale item, so don't feel bad if you missed it.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Just bought one. Hope it's good

My Ride
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

I use a Blue Yeti as my primary computer mic. It's 5 feet away from me, behind my monitor at the edge of my desk, on 1/4 sensitivity cardiod mode.... and people say that it's like I'm standing right in front of them talking. SUPER clear, crisp, very easy to set up (loads drivers from the mic itself when you connect it via USB)... best mic I have ever used, bar none.
    Geek

My Ride
    Grimace

Whoa, didn't realize how big the yeti was
    http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/the...sb-microphone/

Awesome!

Thanks everyone, picked one up!