Quantcast
Tesla 3 unveiling - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Tesla 3 unveiling

Default Tesla 3 unveiling

Last edited by 01RedDX; 09-24-2020 at 10:20 AM.

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

People are silly.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Default Re: Tesla 3 unveiling

Originally posted by 01RedDX
    People are lining up outside the Tesla stores already, lots of buzz but nobody knows what it looks like yet. The Calgary store also has one, I presume.

http://jalopnik.com/people-are-now-c...e-i-1768173573

With the sub-30K price in the US heavily dependent on tax credits (which we don't get) it is possible that the Canadian price will be well into the 50s.
    $35k without credits.

My Ride
    F355 Challenge/996TT/FD3S/968 Turbo/NSX

I don't get it either. Sort of like lining up for the new Chevy Volt. The pics I have seen I don't find very appealing. I wouldn't go to a store to see one - let alone sit in line to buy one.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by soloracer
    I don't get it either. Sort of like lining up for the new Chevy Volt. The pics I have seen I don't find very appealing. I wouldn't go to a store to see one - let alone sit in line to buy one.
    You mean the Bolt EV? I like the Bolt. Solid car.

The lineups are for deposit. There's no car to see at the stores. The presentation doesn't look to have a Model 3, just unveiling the concept, pricing, etc. If by some miracle an actual pre-production car shows up in tonight's presentation, well then I hope you guys are holding onto some Tesla stock haha.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

Already 75+ people in line at chinook:

edit - mod fixed your post
    Quote Originally Posted by BavarianBeast View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Could have been over 60% if I wasn’t a paper hand bitch

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

How much information is released about the car anyway? It's electric, it's got 4 wheels and? Fuck this car.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

Its considered a luxury car but everything I've read about Tesla it seems to have no business being compared to audi and bmw
    Quote Originally Posted by BavarianBeast View Post

Could have been over 60% if I wasn’t a paper hand bitch

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by lilmira
    How much information is released about the car anyway? It's electric, it's got 4 wheels and? Fuck this car.
    None. reveal is tonight at 8pm PST.

So people are putting money down and don't even know what they are buying into.

That said, if all the rumors are true, it's pretty good bang for the bucks at $45K cdn.

Originally posted by nzwasp
    Its considered a luxury car but everything I've read about Tesla it seems to have no business being compared to audi and bmw
    Seen the Volt, the corner cutting to make it to that price point make it look worse than a $11K Elantra's interior plastic.

People are excited much like the BMW 1 series.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 03-31-2016 at 09:45 AM.

My Ride
    Grimace

Wouldn't the $35k US price include incentives though so it would be higher than that?

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Lemmings.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Originally posted by schocker
    Wouldn't the $35k US price include incentives though so it would be higher than that?
    Tesla keeps saying $35,000 USD without tax credits but I don't think anybody should believe that price until they actually reveal the car. Regular car companies sometimes don't have pricing even after the production model is revealed, it's irresponsible to think that Tesla would have a price before they even strut out a physical concept.

Or, if you'll eat anything out of a Tesla spoon, you'll just add that to the list of "12 Ways Tesla is Disrupting the Automotive Industry. Number 9 Will Shock You".

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by Xtrema
    Seen the Volt, the corner cutting to make it to that price point make it look worse than a $11K Elantra's interior plastic.
    The Volt is a PHEV. The Bolt is the EV that competes with the Model 3. Thank you GM for the confusing names.

The Bolt EV is $37.5k before incentives, $2500 more than the Model 3's projected MSRP. The Bolt EV is nothing like the Volt, which was terrible 1st gen. The 2nd gen Volt that was unveiled last year in Detroit is much better.

Here's the Bolt:

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

click for larger version

click for larger version

200 mile range, 200hp, floor mounted batteries Tesla style to lower CoG and maximize cabin space. Tonight's minimum expectations is that Tesla at least matches the Bolt's specs if we don't want to be disappointed. Realistically, Tesla will win in this segment even if their car is slightly worse than the Bolt spec wise. It's the Tesla/Apple fanboy effect.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Not to mention no way for the base price of 35k you are getting things like AWD, Extended range (300 mi), 4s 0-60, leather, autopilot, *insert whatever else tesla likes to quote at the same time as the $35k price*. They need mad profit margins to keep their R&D going.

I think, eventually, the model 3 could be quite good. But if the Model S is any example i wouldn't want to be an early adopter, you have no idea what kind of stuff is going to be left out. And buying a car sight unseen with nary more than a concept that's your own damn fault. Its crazy the number of changes they have made to the S since debut to bring it to where it is now.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Grimace

Originally posted by Mibz
    Tesla keeps saying $35,000 USD without tax credits but I don't think anybody should believe that price until they actually reveal the car. Regular car companies sometimes don't have pricing even after the production model is revealed, it's irresponsible to think that Tesla would have a price before they even strut out a physical concept.

Or, if you'll eat anything out of a Tesla spoon, you'll just add that to the list of "12 Ways Tesla is Disrupting the Automotive Industry. Number 9 Will Shock You".
    Well I am under the assumption the car will be delivered late and at a higher price. Also the talk of raising the price on the other models to subsidize the 3 so how much higher can those go. I suppose everyone drinking the tesla juice would have no problem shelling out another $10k for a S or X.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by killramos
    I think, eventually, the model 3 could be quite good. But if the Model S is any example i wouldn't want to be an early adopter, you have no idea what kind of stuff is going to be left out. And buying a car sight unseen with nary more than a concept that's your own damn fault. Its crazy the number of changes they have made to the S since debut.
    The deposit is fully refundable. In the US, getting in on an early build will qualify you for the $7500 incentive (for the first 200k cars). In Canada, it's pure fanboy as we don't get any EV incentives.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Originally posted by rage2

The deposit is fully refundable.
    Refundable or not putting money down sight unseen on a pie in the sky product is pretty ridiculous. Especially on a car that we all know isn't going to be rare or limited production.

I had the same opinion of people putting refundable deposits on M2's 3 years ago. Difference with that is at least no one was camping in line for a spot

Overall its a scenario of more money than brains. Unfortunately I have the feeling that many of these Tesla 3 adopters don't actually have that much money to be doing this. Else they would just buy an S or X.

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    fact.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by rage2

The Volt is a PHEV. The Bolt is the EV that competes with the Model 3. Thank you GM for the confusing names.
    Yeah, but after seeing the Volt at the Calgary Auto Show, while it looks better than gen1 interior wise, it's still not as good as the $27K Civic.

Bolt will save $ on the ICE engine vs Volt but I assume that will be taken up by the battery. So I expect interior will still be similar to or worse than a $20K car.

That said, this is basically iPhone effect. I'm sure everyone who put deposit down probably are just in it for flipping for a buck.

Originally posted by killramos

Refundable or not putting money down sight unseen on a pie in the sky product is pretty ridiculous. Especially on a car that we all know isn't going to be rare or limited production.
    It's gonna be rare like the 1st gen iPhone for the 1st 12-16 months.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-15-2019 at 04:43 PM.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

What recession?

fact.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast