Quantcast
Ingress ? Capture the flag meets geocaching - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Ingress ? Capture the flag meets geocaching

Default Ingress ? Capture the flag meets geocaching

Saw the post on geocaching and thought I'd ask how many currently play ingress. It's a massively multiplayer location based game. Sort of like capture the flag meets geocaching.

They hold large events in cities all over the world with a large live event planned for Calgary in June. Im a relative noob in the game but have enjoyed it... Done geocaching with the kids but now ingress as well.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=X4hY0UBAmlo

My Ride
    Trucks

Looks interesting. Would like to see the app have augmented reality using the camera so you could literally see what takes place in the youtube video.

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

Don't waste your time. Ingress has been around since for 4 years and there are a few people in here who played.

The game went from fun and enjoyable to something that is strictly team based and absolutely infuriating.

Give it a shot but it's nothing great and you will need a battery pack and at least a friend to help get you started.

Last edited by Cos; 12-20-2016 at 08:29 PM.
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

If you guys are interested in these games and want something a bit more casual and not nearly as competitive look into Resources.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...esources&hl=en

Ingress is definitely an older app/game but it's certainly not competitive. It is definitely a team based game but can be played any way you want. From when a friend introduced myself and our kids to it we've met a lot of people from playing it. The social aspect is what sets itself apart....

We've done everything from late night missions to attacking entire sections of the city with 20+ players.

Im at a loss how you find a team aspect infuriating but I'm newer to the game and the team aspect has always been that way from the moment I started.

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

Originally posted by gwill
    Ingress is definitely an older app/game but it's certainly not competitive. It is definitely a team based game but can be played any way you want. From when a friend introduced myself and our kids to it we've met a lot of people from playing it. The social aspect is what sets itself apart....

We've done everything from late night missions to attacking entire sections of the city with 20+ players.

Im at a loss how you find a team aspect infuriating but I'm newer to the game and the team aspect has always been that way from the moment I started.
    If you were around at the beginning of the game it was a good solo game where a individual could go out and play it and enjoy it by themselves. About a 1.5 years into they dramatically changed the game and made it very team based which I'm not really into because of life business.

Also back when I was playing it it was SUPER competitive and when you get acosted and someone threatens to fight you over a game.. I call it quits.

My Ride
    2018 Civic Si coupe

I've been playing since August and have really enjoyed it. I'm mostly on my own but getting to know some team members in my area. Sometimes I exchange harmless banter with opposing team members, it's all been very enjoyable, augmented reality indeed! It's funny how you see the world differently after being into it for a few months, always wondering if that piece of art work is a portal or not, then you pull out your phone and see