Quantcast
Aprilia Dorsoduro 1200 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Aprilia Dorsoduro 1200

My Ride
    B5 S4, UrQ, UZJ100, 990 SMR

Default Aprilia Dorsoduro 1200

Hey, looking at getting a fun bike to bomb around town this summer. I've been a fan of Supermoto bikes, but have never ridden one.

Is there anything to watch out for with the Dorsoduro 1200? I'm looking at a 2011, and it just had some warranty work done to it. Is anyone experienced with this bike? Or any advice on similar bikes?

I need something really tall. Ideally a BMW HP2 Megamoto, but that's unobtanium.
    Originally posted by InRich
    tell her I'll pick her up in the vette
    The X5 i bought earlier this year really is FULLY LOADED though not a single option missing including infrared night driving

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

My Ride
    06 S2000

FJ-09. Have a 6'5" buddy that rides and enjoys it, plus then you get japanese reliability vs italian costs.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    My car sounds like shit.

http://www.husqvarna-motorcycles.com...701-supermoto/

End of Thread haha.

Thats my dream city bike right now. If you are willing to pay Aprilia money, you are not far off for this beast.

And Blackfoot Direct is an awesome shop to deal with.

My Ride
    2008 Nissan Altima

A bit off topic but...

I've been seriously considering getting a 2016 Suzuki DRZ400Sm this year. Half the price of a Aprillia but just as much fun (apparently lol).

Just have to convince the wife first..
    Originally posted by WongYue

10% of a litre bike throttle should mean a 100cc right? I think I can handle that.

If you wanted a comfy sport cruiser to take your mom out then the fj would fit the bill but a 1200cc V twin dirt bike with street tires is straight up hooligan styles The sound of the V twin alone is worth it.

The italians can be very temperamental but every rider needs to own one once in their life.
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

My Ride

I grew up riding dirtbikes, and learned to ride on the street with a ZX-12R. I haven't ridden for the past 10 years, but want something that I can hop on and blast around town running errands. Is 1200cc going to be ridiculous for a bike like this? Seems like every other option is around 700cc
    The X5 i bought earlier this year really is FULLY LOADED though not a single option missing including infrared night driving

My Ride
    V8s

Originally posted by ae92gts
    A bit off topic but...

I've been seriously considering getting a 2016 Suzuki DRZ400Sm this year. Half the price of a Aprillia but just as much fun (apparently lol).

Just have to convince the wife first..
    Continuing off topic - Try and ride one first. I'm not sure about the new ones, but a few years back my dad took one home for the weekend, and it was totally gutless. (which was awesome, cause he went and wound up with a husaberg FE570)

My Ride
    2008 Nissan Altima

Originally posted by cjblair

Continuing off topic - Try and ride one first. I'm not sure about the new ones, but a few years back my dad took one home for the weekend, and it was totally gutless. (which was awesome, cause he went and wound up with a husaberg FE570)
    I have a buddy with a KLX400 (exact same thing) he let me borrow it for a season and I loved it! (supermoto conversion, big bore, FCR carb, 3X3 and exhaust). I want something that I can scratch up off road but still bomb around town, and has cheap ways to wake up the engine.

Did the crotch rocket thing, not really for me. And I'm not a fan of Italian bikes, reliability and service interval wise.

That being said that Aprillia 1200 looks like a monster!! I should of read up more on it before I began to even try and compare it to a 400 lol.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

duke 690! or 1290 if you need insane power... the 70hp 690 would be plenty for the city though and super fun... can get the enduro version too if you want to play in the gravel a bit

My Ride

Originally posted by ercchry
    duke 690! or 1290 if you need insane power... the 70hp 690 would be plenty for the city though and super fun... can get the enduro version too if you want to play in the gravel a bit
    Cool bike, but I'm 6'7 and I think i'd look like this riding the duke:

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

^^ pretty much if you're 6'7" lol

The 1200 is a beast of a bike no doubt but its not like you're new to riding. 1200 for the street is a tad on the excessive side but YOLO

My Ride

Just signed up at toocool for their gold package course. Tues/Weds/Thurs this week. I'm pretty stoked!

Faack the HP2 Megamoto looks ideal. I can't even find an old used sale listing. These must be huge bucks:

Last edited by zipdoa; 04-08-2016 at 02:53 PM.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Originally posted by zipdoa

Cool bike, but I'm 6'7 and I think i'd look like this riding the duke:

[img]http://www.freerider.ro/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/bear_cyclist_tricycle_grizzly_bike_abstract_hd-wallpaper-434855.jpg
    That's basically me on the 390, but I don't even care cause it's so fun haha

My Ride

Originally posted by Dave P
    http://www.husqvarna-motorcycles.com...701-supermoto/

End of Thread haha.

Thats my dream city bike right now. If you are willing to pay Aprilia money, you are not far off for this beast.

And Blackfoot Direct is an awesome shop to deal with.
    Missed this post, but now reviewing the bike. 35.5" seat height, good fuel economy, light weight, relatively big tank (13L), super low profile cluster. Gonna see if they still have one tomorrow.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

That's just a rebadged duke 690

I guess closer to the enduro version http://www.ktm.com/ca-en/enduro/690-enduro-r-2016/
    Last edited by ercchry; 04-10-2016 at 08:23 PM.

My Ride

Originally posted by ercchry
    That's just a rebadged duke 690

I guess closer to the enduro version http://www.ktm.com/ca-en/enduro/690-enduro-r-2016/
    I think it's actually just a re-baged KTM 690 SMC R. Seems like KTM decided to withhold that model from NA this year and released it through Husq instead.

I sat on the 701 SM and Enduro @ Blackfoot Direct. I don't know how anyone shorter than me gets on the Enduro, the seat is about 36.5" off the ground!

The financing on a new bike is ridiculous. You can do a 10-year open loan @ 7% through LMG.

Hopefully picking up something by the end of the week. Got a little sidetracked sitting on a R1200GS... also a very cool bike.

My Ride
    V8s

Originally posted by zipdoa

I think it's actually just a re-baged KTM 690 SMC R. Seems like KTM decided to withhold that model from NA this year and released it through Husq instead.

I sat on the 701 SM and Enduro @ Blackfoot Direct. I don't know how anyone shorter than me gets on the Enduro, the seat is about 36.5" off the ground!

The financing on a new bike is ridiculous. You can do a 10-year open loan @ 7% through LMG.

Hopefully picking up something by the end of the week. Got a little sidetracked sitting on a R1200GS... also a very cool bike.
    My uncle has an R1200GS (I believe a 2014 or 15), and he really likes it. Has done quite a few long trips on it. He's not as big as you, but he is a tall dude -6'4"- and it seems to be very comfortable for him.

I got about 250km on my 701SM and it's a blast. I'm 6'1 and I feel short on it, then enduro is even taller too. Thing is an absolute blast around the city, way more fun than my ninja. Insurance is under 600 a year and 10k km maintenance intervals

Edit: also it has the akrapovic exhaust and is still the quietest vehicle I have ever owned, there's a silencer inside the pipe that still needs to come out.

My Ride

Originally posted by Lustypad
    I got about 250km on my 701SM and it's a blast. I'm 6'1 and I feel short on it, then enduro is even taller too. Thing is an absolute blast around the city, way more fun than my ninja. Insurance is under 600 a year and 10k km maintenance intervals

Edit: also it has the akrapovic exhaust and is still the quietest vehicle I have ever owned, there's a silencer inside the pipe that still needs to come out.
    PMd

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast