Quantcast
Federal ndp ensure they are unelectable (leap manifesto) - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Federal ndp ensure they are unelectable (leap manifesto)

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

Default Federal ndp ensure they are unelectable (leap manifesto)

Not sure if anyone has caught this, I consider myself pretty left leaning but this thing is incredibly short sighted. While not implemented, the discussion they are having over it will cost them a LOT of political capital.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...ticle29583796/

Provincially, I don't think this is good for any ndp party, but especially Rachel Notley.
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

My Ride
    2015 CLS63s AMG Coupe

Default Re: Federal ndp ensure they are unelectable (leap manifesto)

Originally posted by finboy
    Not sure if anyone has caught this, I consider myself pretty left leaning but this thing is incredibly short sighted. While not implemented, the discussion they are having over it will cost them a LOT of political capital.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...ticle29583796/

Provincially, I don't think this is good for any ndp party, but especially Rachel Notley.
    You never know man... We have our views in Alberta/Sask, but a lot of the rest of Canada wants to ditch oil, especially young voters.

Keep in mind the NDP got voted in, in Alberta. This is a sign that anything is possible. It scares the crap out of me.

Seperate note:

I've been seeing more and more people suggest a "hidden agenda" on the liberal side as well, as far as getting rid of fossil fuels (last mention I saw was an article written by Rex Murphy mentioning a possible hidden agenda, written in the past week, he started off talking about the NDP's and their leap manifesto, then moved in to the Liberals). I see it happening, especially with a speech given by the federal Environment Minister talking about how we won't be able to leave it in the ground "overnight", and that the budget reflects (eliminating) it.

Freaky times ahead...
    Last edited by Zhariak; 04-12-2016 at 07:26 AM.
    Sig was pwned by Moderator!

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I love how they think social work is a sector of the economy

Leap Manifesto really isn't even a topic worth discussing in any kind of rational sense.

For the rest of us what does this mean? Well the 15-20% of crazy voters can go ahead and dump their votes into the NDP who won't actually win any significant number of seats in FPTP and the the other 80% of the country to make reasonable decisions ( yes i am even including the federal liberals in that ) for what will actually happen in our country. I bet this tanks the green party too. This kind of craziness from the NDP might actually have Trudeau change his mind about election reform. These kinds of people really do not deserve to have a seat at the table and proportional representation he has been trying for would give these nutbars just that.

More interesting is if the Alberta NDP will answer the calls to formally split from the Federal NDP over this. Notley is at least vocally opposed to leap.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Silverado, G37x

From what I've read, all but the most hardcore NDP supporters are against this as well. Pretty much all the support they gained from Layton and Mulcair is or will be gone if this is the path they want to take. They view it was guaranteeing their party doesn't win anything for at least a decade. The ones that support it are generally the types that enjoy going against the grain, being unpopular and pretending they're smarter than everyone else.

Not an NDP supporter, but Kudos to Notley for trying to disassociate her party from the Fed NDP.

BTW- Notley looks like she's aged 20 years since becoming Premiere. She's got a tough go.
    Last edited by Seth1968; 04-12-2016 at 09:40 AM.

Apparently making movies is a low-carbon industry.

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

The real downside is that the more centrist NDP voters will probably flee to the Liberal camp.

Originally posted by Seth1968

BTW- Notley looks like she's aged 20 years since becoming Premiere. She's got a tough go.
    Yeah, she's getting pretty haggrid looking

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version
    click for larger version
    click for larger version
    click for larger version

Just keeps getting worse and worse...
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride
    V8s

She's had a face like an old baseball glove since she was elected here, just some photos are touched up more than others.

My Ride
    Bicycle

58 vs 42. NDP is split in the middle, much like the US Republicans. You have the crazy fringes and people that are electable.

All it means is that we will get 2nd Trudeau term as NDP is now toothless and I don't see the turmoil will end soon for the Conservative either.

I would have never imagine this is the state we are in 6-8 months ago.

My Ride
    Super Car(s)

can you guys just IMAGINE!!! the price of electricity if this went through. I could see a minimum x4 jump overnight... lol!

also. CANADA as a nation that contributes just 1.7% of the total pollution (carbon dioxide emissions) in the world. we are basically like a statistical error, and we are a HUGE country, with cold winters. NDP is a fucking joke. I've said this before, and I'm saying it again. Their a bunch of clowns who have absolutely no idea what their doing, or saying... Unfortunately, we're the ones who are gonna pay for it. shame

If you voted NDP. yes. you are a fucking idiot.
    thank-you for fucking our province royally.

My Ride
    Silverado, G37x

I'll give credit to the AB NDP for at least trying to distance themselves from this mess.

We'll see what actually happens. With this shit the NDP is below the green party in my eyes

Gemini you just made my day thank you!! Hahaha
    So after reading the article this farce was made by a writer and her film maker husband. Really??
    Canada is fucked
    Last edited by Skidro; 04-12-2016 at 04:31 PM.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Originally posted by btimbit
    With this shit the NDP is below the green party in my eyes
    Yea Elizabeth May believes in chemtrails and 911 conspiracies.

There is just plain stupid and delusional ( NDP ) and there is actually insane ( Green ).
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Originally posted by btimbit

With this shit the NDP is below the green party in my eyes
    The Green Party has openly supported the LEAP Manifesto basically since its inception.

Those who are excited to dance upon the grave of the NDP would do well to remember that an NDP collapse would essentially guarantee Trudeau will be Prime Minister for at least 8 years.

My Ride
    Silverado, G37x

Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat

The Green Party has openly supported the LEAP Manifesto basically since its inception.

Those who are excited to dance upon the grave of the NDP would do well to remember that an NDP collapse would essentially guarantee Trudeau will be Prime Minister for at least 8 years.
    Not completely against that idea tbh, doesn't look like the Conservatives will have their shit together any time soon. More Trudeau is better than the NDP remaining somewhat strong. If anything this lets the Liberals slide a little more right without worrying about giving up votes to the NDP

Last edited by Cos; 12-20-2016 at 08:25 PM.
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Originally posted by Cos

Don't know if you saw my facebook post today but it said "have fun losing to Elisabeth May next time"
    Hah, that I did! Quite apt, indeed.

Also, Rex Murphy certainly wasn't mincing words there.