Quantcast
My old french language arts teacher is in hot water for being too tough.. - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: My old french language arts teacher is in hot water for being too tough..

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

I still recall our principal literally grab, lift and drag a kid (grade 5) off the ground by his jacket collar , for throwing a rock at another (who was struck and injured).

Some big shit went down in that principals office and because kid's parents were Chinese, im sure a feather duster came to visit the school.

Im sending my kids to military school. Society is far too pussy these days.
    Last edited by revelations; 04-12-2016 at 10:18 PM.

I got the strap (razor belt) on three separate occasions in Jr. High (each time was five strikes per hand). The interesting part was that the school would always mail a letter to inform my parents that I got the belt. The first time it happened my mom was super pissed-off...at me. She told me that if it happened again, then I'd be in for the same punishment at home. The second and third time it happened I learned that she wasn't joking.

During those same years we had a social studies and art teacher who considered the ultimate transgression to be talking while he was teaching. This guy was a first generation immigrant from Tanzania, spoke seven languages, and had zero fucking qualms about doling out open hand or back hand slaps to the head, face, or whatever was within arms reach. The amount of times that fucker cuffed me could fill a highlight reel. There was a period of time that I was dead set against doing art homework, so this guy dragged me, by the ear (!) to the office to dole out the strap. When the time came I was astonished at his lack of aim - I had welts from my finger tips almost up to my elbows. Then again, maybe that was his intent.
    Last edited by Str1der; 04-12-2016 at 09:56 PM.
    I'd vote for him. America may have a black guy, but we'd have captain fucking Kirk.

My Ride

Originally posted by Str1der
    I got the strap (razor belt) on three separate occasions in Jr. High (each time was five strikes per hand). The interesting part was that the school would always mail a letter to inform my parents that I got the belt. The first time it happened my mom was super pissed-off...at me. She told me that if it happened again, then I'd be in for the same punishment at home. The second and third time it happened I learned that she wasn't joking.

During those same years we had a social studies and art teacher who considered the ultimate transgression to be talking while he was teaching. This guy was a first generation immigrant from Tanzania, spoke seven languages, and had zero fucking qualms about doling out open hand or back hand slaps to the head, face, or whatever was within arms reach. The amount of times that fucker cuffed me could fill a highlight reel. There was a period of time that I was dead set against doing art homework, so this guy dragged me, by the ear (!) to the office to dole out the strap. When the time came I was astonished at his lack of aim - I had welts from my finger tips almost up to my elbows. Then again, maybe that was his intent.
    Was this in Canada?

My Ride
    Pushbroom

My French teacher in school was a talking pineapple on a VHS tape...

My Ride
    Miss Daisy

Just wait for speeddog to chime in:

When I was a kid our teacher was so nice but we didn't even have schools back then. We used to just sit on the side of the hill and listen to him teach. He used to tell us all about life and what we should and shouldn't do. His name was Jesus.

www.industrialelements.ca

=====> Facebook - Like our page for promos, inventory, and shipment updates

=====> Instagram

I went to French Immersion school from 1977 until 1986. I swear French teachers think violence is integral to education.

A few highlights -

The "sisters" who often taught us would make kids as a punishment kneel in their desk and do the rosery, many of whom weren't catholic and had NO idea wtf they were doing or saying. While doing so they would crack kuckles to the point of drawing blood with metal edged rulers.

For further infractions, they would make the boys go over to the girls phys-ed class (they were separated by sex for gym for some reason) and stand with arms outstretched with bibles on each hand, heavy ass ones, until tears flowed. Making boys cry in front of girls was part of the "shame" doctrine of their ridiculous church for some reason.

One particularly nasty bitch, who wasn't a "sister" but was just a nasty French civilians, "Madame Rioux", would at least on a weekly basis either throw chalk, twice striking kids in the eye, or wildly wrap tape around the head/mouth for talking, I'm talking huge wraps of duct tape crazily applied round and round, pulling out hair on the head when finally removed, and once had cut off the ability to breathe on one student. This same teacher once was so infuriated with a young girl student that later at the hospital all 4 of her nails had dug permanent gouges out of her arm. This led to the end of it all, which is why I recall that particular one, there are MANY more which happened.

My personal one - a girl had stepped on my hands while I was swinging on the playground bars, and I'd yelled out "son of a bitch". I was reported for saying the word "bitch" in front of girls. I had to get the strap, and kiss on the cheek immediately afterwards, each of the 3 girls present, who were made to watch my punishment.

Teachers were also constantly, forever chasing kids around - classrooms, down hallways, outside, it seemed that there was constantly one teacher in hot angry pursuit on some troublemaker student or another, everywhere you looked. It was pretty crazy now that I think about it all again.

Finally after the girl/nails incident. some of the kids me included told our parents what had been happening for years, and were finally believed. These days it would never happen, or if it did, jail would ensue for several teachers. Back then, 2 were fired, but no charges were ever filed.

It really wasn't all that bad TBH, I would honestly say that I would prefer some of these wild, no consequence delinquent kids would suffer some similar punishments and live in fear of them, as opposed to the degeneration of the education system and loss of respect for authority that it has bred into kids these days. I'm not saying I advocate what was going on in my school back then, just that I would pick it as the lesser of 2 evils right now. As Revelation said, if I had any kids, which I don't, I would ship them off to a US military academy school as well, not only for the discipline, but also for my complete lack of faith in both the public and separate school systems right now.
    Last edited by Gman.45; 04-13-2016 at 06:35 AM.

Originally posted by revelations
    Was this in Canada?
    Yes. I was born and raised in Calgary, and am of Irish descent. However, the events described occurred in the 80s when I, unfortunately, did a brief stint for jr. high in Brooks, AB - which, I'll attest to those that don't know and reaffirm to those that do, is a complete and utter shithole.
    I'd vote for him. America may have a black guy, but we'd have captain fucking Kirk.

My Ride

Originally posted by Str1der

Yes. I was born and raised in Calgary, and am of Irish descent. However, the events described occurred in the 80s when I, unfortunately, did a brief stint for jr. high in Brooks, AB - which, I'll attest to those that don't know and reaffirm to those that do, is a complete and utter shithole.

I've spent brief amounts of time in Brooks (living in a hotel for a month) and I can see where youre coming from.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2