Quantcast
Infiniti showing off at a local BMW meet (merged) - Page 5 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Infiniti showing off at a local BMW meet (merged)

My Ride
    LNF

I don't think this will stick. Unless he admitted he was driving, all they have is his car on a video. That is their evidence and the witnesses (if they go to court).

How can you charge someone criminally when you have no proof they were driving. I think it'll be a fine and that is it. Just like photo radar, they cannot prove who was driving so you get a ticket.

My Ride
    G37X

Originally posted by killramos
    If what he did doesn't constitute dangerous driving then i don't know what does.

Its not like he was chatting with some buddies, looked at his phone slipped on the pedal and accidentally split those two cars. That would be careless.

What he did was intentional and very dangerous. If he had knicked one of the two cars with how busy that road was I guarantee at least 5 cars in the ditch. Maybe more. Wasn't there a semi right behind them? Easily could have been a death.

Cocky prick got lucky imo.

Also remember this is all over the media. Government won't want egg on their face if this guy gets off with a slap on the wrist when they have grounds for a sucker punch to the gut.
    Totally agreed. It's amazing that no one panicked and swerved to the center. This was extremely close to a multiple collision with fatalities imo.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Originally posted by mzdspd
    I don't think this will stick. Unless he admitted he was driving, all they have is his car on a video. That is their evidence and the witnesses (if they go to court).

How can you charge someone criminally when you have no proof they were driving. I think it'll be a fine and that is it. Just like photo radar, they cannot prove who was driving so you get a ticket.
    There was a big meetup in Sylvan and the RCMP were phoned in because of this nubtron. Im guessing with enough witnesses stating that the offender was behind the wheel, hes SOL.

My Ride
    LNF

Originally posted by revelations

There was a big meetup in Sylvan and the RCMP were phoned in because of this nubtron. Im guessing with enough witnesses stating that the offender was behind the wheel, hes SOL.
    Yeah but wouldn't the witness' have to show up to the court date? (correct me if I am wrong here)

My Ride
    LNF

I am interested to here how this turns out.. Because the dash cam footage and the witnesses are the evidence.
    So if the witnesses do not show, can he be charged criminally? Or will it be downgraded to a traffic violation..

Interesting to see.

My Ride
    1994 Mustang, 2007 F150, 1991 Volvo 240 Wagon

Originally posted by revelations

There was a big meetup in Sylvan and the RCMP were phoned in
    I thought I read someone say the RCMP were near by and heard the argument or something when the group stopped?

I could totally be wrong about that though.

1994 Mustang - SBF swap in progress

My Ride
    oooo

Originally posted by Evo prec
    A brown guy named Kunal drives this same car and drives like an idiot everywhere, even has a sticker in the same spot on the bottom left side of the trunk and a chrome license plate frame that says VIP Elite on it, could be him
    "JUST IN: @RCMPAlberta charge Kunal Anand, 20, w/ dangerous operation of a motor vehicle following incident on QEII."
    2017 VW Jetta 1.4T (winter car)
    2010 F-350 Nortruck Tool Shed
    2007 BMW 5 (Wifey's)
    2004 Audi A4 1.8T 6spd Stage III w/ Meth
    1985 F-250 6.9L IDI w/ATS turbo

My Ride
    Silverado, G37x

Originally posted by NoPulp

I thought I read someone say the RCMP were near by and heard the argument or something when the group stopped?

I could totally be wrong about that though.
    I heard the RCMP was called by the group and they met them at the scheduled meeting point

My Ride
    1994 Mustang, 2007 F150, 1991 Volvo 240 Wagon

Originally posted by btimbit

I heard the RCMP was called by the group and they met them at the scheduled meeting point
    Maybe that's what it was. I remember thinking it was weird how RCMP just happened to be near by.

1994 Mustang - SBF swap in progress

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

RCMP came by as Kumar was about to be dragged and beaten out of his car

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Originally posted by sillysod

"JUST IN: @RCMPAlberta charge Kunal Anand, 20, w/ dangerous operation of a motor vehicle following incident on QEII."

LOL so it was him. Guess he won't be working at Sunridge Nissan anymore.
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

I think a criminal charge is probably a bit excessive in this case... I have seen much worse on the car-cam bad drivers thread. A hefty fine and maybe a suspension is in order though for sure ...

I think this is way more dangerous...

Originally posted by flipstah
    I know we laugh at silly drivers, but this is just dangerous.

On an errand run with my parents and this shit pops up on my dash,

Blue Lexus IS
    *maybe* BSF-9982
    Pedestrians, oncoming traffic, etc....

My Ride
    '16 F150 Lariat, 17 Shelby GT350, '21 Explorer ST

Originally posted by avishal26
    I think a criminal charge is probably a bit excessive in this case... I have seen much worse on the car-cam bad drivers thread. A hefty fine and maybe a suspension is in order though for sure ...

I think this is way more dangerous...

Pedestrians, oncoming traffic, etc....
    it doesn't matter if this is MORE dangerous. what he did was completely retarded and fully deserves criminal charges.

My Ride

Originally posted by mzdspd
    I am interested to here how this turns out.. Because the dash cam footage and the witnesses are the evidence.
    So if the witnesses do not show, can he be charged criminally? Or will it be downgraded to a traffic violation..

Interesting to see.
    Mr. ANAND has every right to question the witnesses if this goes to trial but a witness statement is all that's usually needed. The witnesses will be subpoenaed if they need to attend court. Been there done that.

Dangerous operation of a motor vehicle is not normally a charge that's thrown on someone (unless they are involved in a police chase for eg.) but clearly Mr. ANAND has a huge history of motor vehicle offenses or b) pissed off the RCMP pretty good with his story and actions, post incident. Im sure the meet group also had a lot to say to the RCMP.

Apparently, according to witnesses, Mr. ANAND thought that what he did was "cool" and was surprised at the reaction he got. His chat with the RCMP was probably equally as ignorant.

My Ride

Originally posted by Evo prec
    A brown guy named Kunal drives this same car and drives like an idiot everywhere, even has a sticker in the same spot on the bottom left side of the trunk and a chrome license plate frame that says VIP Elite on it, could be him
    There is the answer regarding his previous driving history.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-15-2019 at 04:58 PM.

My Ride
    2009 G37X sedan, 2009 Murano

^ the cheapest Infiniti right now is the Q50 starting at $37,500?!

The one in the video looks like an previous gen M35 or M56...not that expensive a car that a 20 year old living at home could afford with a steady entry level job...

My Ride
    2009 G37X sedan, 2009 Murano

Just did the financing on their website, WOW, didn't know Infiniti did 84 months, good to know for future reference, the base RWD Q50 comes in at $218 biweekly taxes included! .....this guy's stunt could've just brought Infiniti a few new customers

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 LastLast