Quantcast
Infiniti showing off at a local BMW meet (merged) - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Infiniti showing off at a local BMW meet (merged)

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

There was an asshole in a Lexus (250 lol) pulling that shit last year when I went to the meet in RD.

I'm just not convinced anymore that there can be any kind of gathering of car enthusiasts without some bullshit going on.

Somehow they manage it in Europe or in the States with cars and coffee etc. but wtf is wrong with us up here?

Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    1994 Mustang, 2007 F150, 1991 Volvo 240 Wagon

Originally posted by killramos

I'm just not convinced anymore that there can be any kind of gathering of car enthusiasts without some bullshit going on.

Somehow they manage it in Europe or in the States with cars and coffee etc. but wtf is wrong with us up here?

Agreed.
    There was a group down here and for a couple months it was working really good. Then it just all fell apart... people stunting in parking lots and driving stupid in cruises... then people fighting on facebook...

Why can't we have nice things?
    Cars and coffee or cruises aren't complicated. Now I'm stuck going to fat old men in lawn chairs shows...

1994 Mustang - SBF swap in progress

My Ride
    06 S2000

Originally posted by killramos
    There was an asshole in a Lexus (250 lol) pulling that shit last year when I went to the meet in RD.

I mean, we didn't have a mustang plow down a group of bystanders?
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    My car sounds like shit.

Nor did any Cops pepper spray motorcyclists. We're not unique in having retards ruin car meets.

A semi-detached home from 89Coupe (hahahaha)
    My Ride
    A Gallardo from SDS (hahahaha)

This just goes to confirm that the only thing douchy-er than a bunch of left-lane hogging BMWs are Infiniti drivers.

Stereotypes exist for a reason, people.

Originally posted by Kloubek
    Nope. But I don't often travel north, and mine is pretty custom now. Looks noticeably different than in my sig. Waiting for one more mod before I take pics and revise.

You're right though. Since I've bought my car, I have yet to see another on the road in my colour. Its not a common car to begin with...
    Is yours an M56X? This one was. 420HP beast, very uncommon. Usually only see the M37.

Originally posted by 16hypen3sp

BMW Enthusiasts Alberta?
    Yes, BMW Enthusiasts AB. Some BMWs were lumped in with people calling in but the calls were about the Infiniti. Lots of misinformation.

Originally posted by ercchry
    Blue bmw runs ride hype fyi... Her posts on fb bother me
    What about them bother you? That's interesting to say....

Originally posted by EK 2.0
    #RIDEHYPE....

Sure he wasn't a part of their group....
    He came with some friends in a Red E46 M3. No one knew them and the admins banned the guy in the E46 M3. No one else was driving like that.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Originally posted by LilDrunkenSmurf

As funny as the recent mustang viral sensation ( at least it has been recent for me ) is that is the exception rather than the rule.

I think its a culture difference up here for some reason. Like everyone has something to prove.

When I drive down in Phoenix there are 10 times as many cool, VERY fast cars driving around. None of them speeding, racing, reving up and down residential roads. The drivers arent just pensioners either. Cars and coffee is awesome to go to and no bullshit.

Here? I can barely drive within Edmonton city limits without leaving a 3 car buffer all around me because I know someone is going to try and go WOT and cut me off because they see 3 color stripes on my bootlid. Doesn't matter what car they are driving or how slow I am going. I don't have that problem so much in Calgary but perhaps its just that I don't hang out in the wrong places, because the local clubz manage to make the news often enough for some stupid stunt. Not to mention every semblance of a meet manages to get banned.

I 100% agree with the old man in lawnchairs meets. Maybe i should buy a Camaro.

Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    G37X

Originally posted by NoPulp
    Why can't we have nice things?
    Cars and coffee or cruises aren't complicated. Now I'm stuck going to fat old men in lawn chairs shows...
    Oh you must mean Corvette meets. Quick, let me pull out my sandwich board with factory specs to impress you young man.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

Originally posted by you&me
    This just goes to confirm that the only thing douchy-er than a bunch of left-lane hogging BMWs are Infiniti drivers.

Stereotypes exist for a reason, people.
    I was going to say from 20s in that vid to 45-50s it's clear there is lot of space for cars to move over to the right. Doesn't excuse the Infiniti move at all, but why camp on the left side like that?

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Originally posted by LilDrunkenSmurf

Originally posted by Aleks

I was going to say from 20s in that vid to 45-50s it's clear there is lot of space for cars to move over to the right. Doesn't excuse the Infiniti move at all, but why camp on the left side like that?
    I was there. It was a Sunday at noon. Left lane was slow going - lots of cars in front. They were definitely not lane hogging the left lane.

My Ride
    S14|TB1

Originally posted by JustinMCS
    That happened during our bmw meet to sylvan on Sunday.
    That explains why there were so many modded beamers I followed from deerfoot to Macleod on Sunday.

A brown guy named Kunal drives this same car and drives like an idiot everywhere, even has a sticker in the same spot on the bottom left side of the trunk and a chrome license plate frame that says VIP Elite on it, could be him

My Ride
    Toyota Sequoia

oh, brother.

My Ride
    G37X

Originally posted by Aleks
    I find it ironic how angry people get when you pass them like they're standing still. Get out of the left lane. It doesn't matter if some sask plate farmer is ahead of you.

My Ride
    1290SDR, 701SM

What about them bother you? That's interesting to say....
    On the internet everything bothers everyone.

My Ride
    1994 Mustang, 2007 F150, 1991 Volvo 240 Wagon

Originally posted by Hallowed_point
    Oh you must mean Corvette meets. Quick, let me pull out my sandwich board with factory specs to impress you young man.

Mustang meets aren't much better though. The higher the HP number from the veeee eight, the fatter the tires, the more "legitness". If that doesn't impress people, then you simply peel out of the parking lot and plow the crowd. The official rules state 10 points a person, if its not caught on camera then no points will be awarded.

1994 Mustang - SBF swap in progress

My Ride
    Silverado, G37x

I was there. It was a Sunday at noon. Left lane was slow going - lots of cars in front. They were definitely not lane hogging the left lane.
    Yeah, it was my first thought too, but if you look in the video you can see there's other vehicles in front of the BMW's. They're not hogging it

My Ride
    This and that.

What time was this cruise headed on QE2? I must have missed it somehow. I left Calgary around 12 noon towards Edmonton and only saw one silver BMW with a lone occupant in a 3 series (think it was the slowest model) driving like a complete lunatic and thinking he's in a super car, swerving left and right. I was in my car and I guess I could have 'showed' him but I wanted to prove the stereotypes about BMW's wrong. I cruised the whole way at 110-120, a new record for me.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast