Quantcast
Alberta NDP Government to run as big a deficit as the Federal Liberals - Page 10 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Alberta NDP Government to run as big a deficit as the Federal Liberals

My Ride
    G6

I'm not surprised that people still vote for NDP. Look at the lack of pay cuts in the public sector and the discussion of raises for teachers. If I was in that sector, I'd probably vote NDP too.

I don't get why the parties don't merge... Conservatives have no good leadership. Have the WR weasel-like man take over a merged party and boot Blinky.

Originally posted by HiTempguy1
    I voted NDP..... I'm a pretty conservative dude ...
    Of course, I guess I am a person who doesn't compromise my principles to get what I want
    click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

Originally posted by Feruk
    I'm not surprised that people still vote for NDP. Look at the lack of pay cuts in the public sector and the discussion of raises for teachers. If I was in that sector, I'd probably vote NDP too.

I don't get why the parties don't merge... Conservatives have no good leadership. Have the WR weasel-like man take over a merged party and boot Blinky.
    If I hear one more NDP pundit say, "We need to protect teachers and nurses", I'm going to lose my shit. Now since most Albertan's are neither, the rest of are just shit to begin with anyway.

The "right" doesn't want a merger right now. Each party will see how it goes until the last possible merger minute. If at that point, they both see a vote split loss, they'll merge.

My Ride
    '03 ep3

I casually dated a ICU nurse for a few months last summer, she would go on and on about the rampant corruption within AHS.

She got so much fucking vacation and then doubled up on overtime on her days on that she was pulling in well over 125k$ a year.

There is so much fat to trim at AHS. Isn't something like half the Alberta budget allocated to salaries and pensioners? Craziness.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Nope, no waste in Government. Especially in health care. Shut your whore mouths!
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

Originally posted by SmAcKpOo
    I casually dated a ICU nurse for a few months last summer,
    Pic or GTFU

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Originally posted by phreezee
    *snip*
    I think you are confused, my "principles" refers to my personal values and beliefs, not "politics and machinations of running a government".

Integrity and trust are much higher up the "do not break these rules" list for me than "keep government expenses down". Partially because "keep government expenses down" flows from those two things. As I also mentioned, you are KIDDING yourself if you think things under the PCs would have actually been THAT much different. Unfortunately, it appears that the NDP are believers in "lying by omission", while the PCs at least outlined how they would f*&k us over and raise taxes.

I don't like the NDP. I made a mistake, but the reason why people don't admit their mistakes and instead double down on poor choices are because of responses like this from you, taking things out of context and not really considering the actual statement made as a whole.

In his April budget – which would serve as the basis of his campaign platform – Prentice said he would get rid of Alberta’s 10 per cent flat tax rate and replace it with a progressive tax system. Starting January 1, Albertans earning more than $250,000 would have faced a personal tax rate of 11 per cent — jumping to 12 per cent over two years.

Meanwhile, fuel, liquor and cigarette tax increases were put in place immediately in April — with gas taxes jumping four cents to 13 cents/litre. Alberta’s fuel tax hadn’t been raised since 1991. The Progressive Conservatives also hiked a number of government service fees — including a 35 per cent hike on traffic fines. Prentice’s budget also included several new processing fees, primarily around the filing of court documents. ... Notley’s NDP government opted against several of the Tories proposed taxes — including a reversal of the Conservatives’ new health care premium plan. Under Prentice’s plan, Albertans earning more than $50,000 would have faced increases ranging from $200 to $1,000 per year depending on income.

I think you are confused, my "principles" refers to my personal values and beliefs, not "politics and machinations of running a government".

Integrity and trust are much higher up the "do not break these rules" list for me than "keep government expenses down". Partially because "keep government expenses down" flows from those two things. As I also mentioned, you are KIDDING yourself if you think things under the PCs would have actually been THAT much different. Unfortunately, it appears that the NDP are believers in "lying by omission", while the PCs at least outlined how they would f*&k us over and raise taxes.

I don't like the NDP. I made a mistake, but the reason why people don't admit their mistakes and instead double down on poor choices are because of responses like this from you, taking things out of context and not really considering the actual statement made as a whole.

It's pretty black and white, and your story is shared with a lot of so called conservative voters. You wanted to punish the PCs and cut your nose off to spite your face.

Instead of sticking with Conservative principles you voted Communist, end of story.

Sticking to your principles means you don't vote for the PCs or the NDP.

I voted NDP, and the fact remains there was no way in hell I was letting the PC'S stay in power with my vote. They were corrupt assholes who were spending our money recklessly and thrn blaming us in the process. They would have ran a deficit this year if they were in power, don't kid yourself. I dislike Redford and Prentice as much as Trudeau and Wynn, and that says a lot.
    Well yeah. They were going to run a deficit. But I can pretty well guarantee you they're weren't going to run a $60 billion deficit for the next three years. The NDP deficit is approaching insanity.

There are different degrees of indebtedness, yes? Is having $100 owing on your credit card the same as having $1500?

My Ride
    Silverado

we're so fucked.

Integrity and trust are much higher up the "do not break these rules"
    I see you never bothered to look into any other NDP provincial governments before making a rash decision.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Originally posted by suntan
    There are different degrees of indebtedness, yes? Is having $100 owing on your credit card the same as having $1500?
    No it makes no difference if you have zero plan to pay it back.

Originally posted by Agent_Oorange

I see you never bothered to look into any other NDP provincial governments before making a rash decision.
    Agreed, but none of that will change, as critical thinking is not part of the educational curriculum, and goes against corporate lobbying / elitism / corruption.

Anyone who claims that we live in a democracy, are delusional people. They're just just compliant people prone to propaganda, and the instigators of such.

Let's put it this way.

A pedophile is released back into the community by a parole board, even though the police are claiming that he'll strike again.

So parole board, how about you have such POS live IN YOUR community before letting them free in us peasant's neighborhood.

I could go on and on, and that's just the "start".

BTW- Fuck you again A70 or whatever
    Last edited by Seth1968; 04-21-2016 at 11:51 AM.

^ Take your diseased ridden kids to a better school. Maybe get out of the hood.

II made a mistake, but the reason why people don't admit their mistakes and instead double down on poor choices are because of responses like this from you, taking things out of context and not really considering the actual statement made as a whole.

Taking things "out of context", well, here we are.

Good luck with that.

My Ride
    B&W M3

The Alberta conservatives were running modest deficits and balanced budgets during much of the $100 WTI price era. In my view, these should have been sizable surpluses. However, there was either too much spending or not enough taxation. In my opinion, it was both. Now the NDP is the scapegoat that has to clean up the mess left by the conservatives. Too bad it's hard to claw back spending and the promises of prior governments and it's the wrong time to raise income taxes. Combine this with an inexperienced NDP and it's easy to see why they've made themselves look so bad. After 4 years of the NDP, Albertans will be ready to put the party created the spending problem back in office again. Great.

It's crazy how people have such short memories. When talking about the $30bn federal deficit in the wake of a huge commodity bubble bursting I never hear anyone talk about the ~$70bn deficit ran by Harper in the wake of the financial crisis. Oh, but it was justified because of the financial crisis right? Harper did what he had to do?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Originally posted by BandW

It's crazy how people have such short memories. When talking about the $30bn federal deficit in the wake of a huge commodity bubble bursting I never hear anyone talk about the ~$70bn deficit ran by Harper in the wake of the financial crisis. Oh, but it was justified because of the financial crisis right? Harper did what he had to do?
    You mean when his budgets were held hostage by a tax and spend opposition?

How short people's memories are indeed.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Originally posted by BandW
    Short memories? You do remember that Harper had a minority gov't at the time and the Liberals were going to topple them if the cons didn't pass that budget, yes?

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-15-2019 at 05:07 PM.

My Ride
    B&W M3

Originally posted by killramos

You mean when his budgets were held hostage by a tax and spend opposition?

How short people's memories are indeed.
    Harper ran big deficits with his majority as well.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 LastLast