Quantcast
Apparently I need a bigger car - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Apparently I need a bigger car

My Ride
    changes every year

Honestly the f10 m5 was my go to, but I decided I want to stay under 40k so I can get myself a classic car next year. Not only that, I need AWD, you know, woman requirements.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Originally posted by J.M.
    Budget: under $40k

killramos: get a F10 M5 y0

??????
    I honestly thought 2012 specimens could be had for 40-50 based on M3 pricing and standard BMW depreciation (turns out closer to 75 after doing some looking) and hence my using the term squeeze.

Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I can't stand SUVs either and I ended up with one. Well, at least one that handles like a car. Too bad the GLA45 is outside your price range. It's a hell of a car with tons of rear leg room regardless if you have a seat nazi in your family or not.

X5M doesn't drive like a sports car, unless your sports car experience includes raised seating position and never turning ever.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    MDX

What type of booster seat are you using? The larger type that looks like a full car seat?

Originally posted by 03ozwhip
    Honestly the f10 m5 was my go to, but I decided I want to stay under 40k so I can get myself a classic car next year. Not only that, I need AWD, you know, woman requirements.
    New Cadillac CTS 3.6 AWD

EDIT: New-ish
    Last edited by Ukyo8; 04-16-2016 at 11:11 AM.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Originally posted by InRich
    get a 16 Accord. Sat in the back of one today, things amazing comfort wise, lots of room back and front. 32k out the door.
    I would also think about Honda. They've seemed to make big interiors inside (what might seem) small cars.

My Ride
    changes every year

Originally posted by rage2
    I can't stand SUVs either and I ended up with one. Well, at least one that handles like a car. Too bad the GLA45 is outside your price range. It's a hell of a car with tons of rear leg room regardless if you have a seat nazi in your family or not.

X5M doesn't drive like a sports car, unless your sports car experience includes raised seating position and never turning ever.
    GLA45 hey? That looks like a pretty killer little SUV. I priced one out and it's in the 63k range. There's one on kijiji for 57k. It does make me think. I can afford it, but do I want to spend that much, I dunno.
    Originally posted by jdmakkord
    What type of booster seat are you using? The larger type that looks like a full car seat?
    No just a little seat with no back.
    Originally posted by Ukyo8

New Cadillac CTS 3.6 AWD

EDIT: New-ish
    Thought about it but I'm unsure the wife likes it, I'm also not sure it's much bigger than the other cars i mentioned.
    Originally posted by revelations

I would also think about Honda. They've seemed to make big interiors inside (what might seem) small cars.
    I don't want a Honda. I looked at the TLX and the wife doesn't like the a styling of it, so it's a no go.

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

Ive got a used m37x that I'll firesale out to you another option could be a new VW CC, big rebates on those right now or the super Rare 2016 Passat Execline v6 (rare car, same engine as the audi A6 but fwd and $25K less).
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

My Ride
    changes every year

Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
    Ive got a used m37x that I'll firesale out to you
    That's a thought. I'll pass the info to my wife. PM Me what kind of pricing you can do. Remember I need to trade in my 335.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

The GLA 45 has more leg room in the rear seat than my E63.

What most people don't realize is the C class and the 335 are compact size. They are smaller inside than a civic.

My Ride
    957,958,NC1,NC3,E90,ITR

Originally posted by benyl
    What most people don't realize is the C class and the 335 are compact size. They are smaller inside than a civic.
    It costs more so it must be bigger

Last edited by know1edge; 08-16-2018 at 09:53 PM.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Originally posted by 03ozwhip
    I don't want a Honda. I looked at the TLX and the wife doesn't like the a styling of it, so it's a no go.
    I guess that's why many parents eschew minivans as well. May look horrid to many but function beautifully in people carrying.

My Ride
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

I know this may sound a bit "cheap," but a Kia Optima SX is still within your price range, has loads of grunt, and has exceptional rear leg room. I've ridden in the back of one multiple times (2012 or 2013 model, I don't remember). I'm 6 foot tall and have decently long legs, and I never had any comfort issues, head or leg, in the back of the Optima.

The full, top of the line 2016 SXL with turbo and paddle shifters is $39.5k IIRC, but that has all the bells, all the whistles, AND a waffle maker (not really on the waffle maker bit). And, I can attest, owning a "cheap" Kia ('13 Rio5 EX) that their build quality is superb, and they are on par with Honda and Toyota for phenomenal reliability. 3 years and 52,000 KM in and there are no squeaks or rattles, and the car still feels tight and responsive, like when I drove it off the lot.
    Last edited by Vagabond142; 04-16-2016 at 03:02 PM.
    Geek

My Ride
    AWD grandpa wagon

Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
    Ive got a used m37x that I'll firesale out to you another option could be a new VW CC, big rebates on those right now or the super Rare 2016 Passat Execline v6 (rare car, same engine as the audi A6 but fwd and $25K less).
    The CC's rear cabin area is surprisingly spacious.

My Ride
    2008 Mercedes Benz C230, 1968 Chevy Impala

Car seat tech here:

A child can discontinue use of a booster seat based on all 3 of the following being met:

1. The child's butt must be seated at the bite of the vehicle's upholstery "bite", ie. all the way to the back.

2. The child's knee must bend completely over the edge of the seat, it cant bend only a bit forcing the child's legs outwards.

3. The shoulder belt must pass over the collarbone of the child. Not low on the shoulder, or high on the neck.

If the kid can't accomplish all these things, put the stupid kid back in a booster seat.

A highback booster has 3 advantages that you should try to maximized in terms of length of use.

1. A highback booster provides side impact head support, limiting the potential lateral movement of a child's head int eh event of a side impact collision.

2. A highback booster has the vehicle's seatbelt guide built into the adjustable headrest, thus you can ensure the shoulder belt is always correctly positioned across the child's collar bone.

3. When the kid falls asleep, it will help keep the child in a safe, upright position as opposed to a slumped over position in a backless booster or no booster at all.

If the kid is bitching, tell him to shut the fuck up.
    1968 Impala: Status: Stored
    1977 Dodge Triple E RV: Sold
    1989 Mercedes Benz 420 SEL: Sold
    2008 Mercedes Benz C230: Cruising
    2000 Bluebird TC2000: Build phase of skoolie project
    2018 Rav4 XLE: New baby friendly daily

My Ride
    changes every year

Originally posted by cycosis
    Car seat tech here:

A child can discontinue use of a booster seat based on all 3 of the following being met:

1. The child's butt must be seated at the bite of the vehicle's upholstery "bite", ie. all the way to the back.

2. The child's knee must bend completely over the edge of the seat, it cant bend only a bit forcing the child's legs outwards.

3. The shoulder belt must pass over the collarbone of the child. Not low on the shoulder, or high on the neck.

If the kid can't accomplish all these things, put the stupid kid back in a booster seat.

A highback booster has 3 advantages that you should try to maximized in terms of length of use.

1. A highback booster provides side impact head support, limiting the potential lateral movement of a child's head int eh event of a side impact collision.

2. A highback booster has the vehicle's seatbelt guide built into the adjustable headrest, thus you can ensure the shoulder belt is always correctly positioned across the child's collar bone.

3. When the kid falls asleep, it will help keep the child in a safe, upright position as opposed to a slumped over position in a backless booster or no booster at all.

If the kid is bitching, tell him to shut the fuck up.
    I like this response. Unfortunately I tested it and he's still gotta be in a seat. So it looks like I'll be looking for something. Anyone wanna buy a 2011 335 special edition?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Go on and listen to that child seat nazi. You'll be the dude with the 14 year old in a booster seat.

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Super Car(s)

hey rage. my x5M will shit kick whatever you go going any day of the week. soooooooo. eat shit?

My Ride
    2009 G37X sedan, 2009 Murano

Originally posted by Vagabond142
    I know this may sound a bit "cheap," but a Kia Optima SX is still within your price range, has loads of grunt, and has exceptional rear leg room. I've ridden in the back of one multiple times (2012 or 2013 model, I don't remember). I'm 6 foot tall and have decently long legs, and I never had any comfort issues, head or leg, in the back of the Optima.

The full, top of the line 2016 SXL with turbo and paddle shifters is $39.5k IIRC, but that has all the bells, all the whistles, AND a waffle maker (not really on the waffle maker bit). And, I can attest, owning a "cheap" Kia ('13 Rio5 EX) that their build quality is superb, and they are on par with Honda and Toyota for phenomenal reliability. 3 years and 52,000 KM in and there are no squeaks or rattles, and the car still feels tight and responsive, like when I drove it off the lot.
    Grunt? Pretty sure he said he wants 300+ hp....as far as I know all Kias are slooow. They look fast though lol

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast