Quantcast
How long do you finance a new vehicle purchase? - Page 6 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

View Poll Results: How long do you finance a new vehicle purchase?

Voters
186. You may not vote on this poll
  • I never finance. I always use straight saved up cash OR I don't by vehicles I can't afford.

64 34.41%
  • Less than 1 year.

4 2.15%
  • 1 year.

0 0%
  • 2 years.

4 2.15%
  • 3 years.

9 4.84%
  • 4 years.

34 18.28%
  • 5 years.

45 24.19%
  • More than 5 years.

26 13.98%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6

Thread: How long do you finance a new vehicle purchase?

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

I managed to get a fair trade value recently.

The lower dollar now compared to when I bought and the gst credit was a wash over selling private.

In fact, my friend was selling a GTi a few months back and a "buyer" came to test drive it and stole it as my friend was just about to get into the passenger seat. Luckily no injuries, no house keys on the key ring and car was cleaned of all paper work that could lead to fraud down the road. Very lucky situation with a bittersweet ending. Car was never recovered.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    LNF

The dealer always wins so even if you think you got a good trade value, then they probably inflated your new vehicle cost. Or vice versa.

The only vehicle I would ever trade in is a lemon that had issues. Otherwise I would sell on kijiji and if it wont sell, then lower the price.

My Ride
    Fiesta ST

Originally posted by HiTempguy1

I understand that, but what Blitz did makes zero sense.
    It made perfect sense:

Originally posted by blitz

I fucking hate selling cars.
    In this situation I was willing to take less money to avoid the hassle of selling a car. I really really hate dealing with people on Kijiji. Enough that I was willing to walk away from a maximum of $2k to avoid it.

It was a Mercedes B200T, just coming off of CPO warranty, the "B service" light was flashing and it only had winter tires because I wanted to keep the wheels with summers.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Dealers should be able to make some money... That is the business after all, a good deal is one where both parties are happy, that's it, that's all

My Ride
    2009 G37X sedan, 2009 Murano

Originally posted by Darkane
    I managed to get a fair trade value recently.

The lower dollar now compared to when I bought and the gst credit was a wash over selling private.

In fact, my friend was selling a GTi a few months back and a "buyer" came to test drive it and stole it as my friend was just about to get into the passenger seat. Luckily no injuries, no house keys on the key ring and car was cleaned of all paper work that could lead to fraud down the road. Very lucky situation with a bittersweet ending. Car was never recovered.
    Wow crazy, did he at least get a decent payout from insurance? ?

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Originally posted by JohnnyHockey

Wow crazy, did he at least get a decent payout from insurance? ?
    I'm not 100% sure. I think so his car was ~4 years old. Most companies carry the 5 year replacement thing I believe.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    2012 300C SRT8 /2015 F150 Platinum

I trade everything. I have admittedly thrown away some money doing so, but I love how dealers are cash buyers, at the very moment I tell them they can have my car. No spending time going for inspections, dealing with low ballers, getting stupid emails / texts / phone calls etc. I cant stand that shit.

Also each vehicle is usually a very specific purchase, I want the exact one I am dealing on / looking at, I don't want one from the factory in two months, not another one on the lot that is missing a key option.

Waiting to sell my car to someone privately for some more money usually means the one I wanted to buy is now gone, and I now would have to spend more time trying to find a replacement for the vehicle I wanted to begin with. I hate waiting for anything.

I generally get employee pricing on what I buy, which really leaves me with what side of black book the dealer will give me.

I have paid cash, Leased for 24, 36 and 48 mos, financed at 0% x 60 or 3.99% x 84 mos.

I generally do what I want, when I want, to fit what I want, how I want it when I do it.
    2014 Jeep SRT, 2015 F150 Platinum , 2013 Keystone Laredo 291TG

[Do][---+---][oD]

Originally posted by jonnycat

I generally do what I want, when I want, to fit what I want, how I want it when I do it.
    like a fuckin' BAWSE

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

My Ride
    Exploded.

Blasé, Blasé

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Originally posted by jonnycat

BAWSE!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Nissan x2

So what's the cheapest way, besides paying outright, to finance the remaining balance of say 10-20k for a used car?

My Ride
    2012 300C SRT8 /2015 F150 Platinum

Lol, no
    2014 Jeep SRT, 2015 F150 Platinum , 2013 Keystone Laredo 291TG

[Do][---+---][oD]

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Originally posted by jutes
    So what's the cheapest way, besides paying outright, to finance the remaining balance of say 10-20k for a used car?
    Depends how old... But probably a heloc if available

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Originally posted by ercchry

Depends how old... But probably a heloc if available
    Looking at 2011+ ISF's. Yeah HELOC is an option.

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

Originally posted by Aleks

We have a few guys that work at dealerships there, so maybe they can chime in, but would a dealer/wholesaler ever take a trade in and only plan to make 500-1000 on it? I was under the impression they need at least a few thousand to make it worth while.
    The biggest risk on taking a vehicle in on trade is the reconditioning it will require to pass an inspection and make the vehicle sellable. I've made only $500 on trades in the past, I've even lost money if the shop bill was too high. Most of the buyers I deal with our straight forward so it's been in a long time since I've been put together on a trade but it could happen. Ive been around cars my whole working life so it's easy for me to tell if the car is junk or not.
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

I did 60 months becasue the intrest rate was low, otherwise I would have spent less and done a shorter term.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6