Quantcast
Garage Improvements - Page 7 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Garage Improvements

My Ride
    Mazda 3

Quote Originally Posted by G-ZUS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    that sucks, i just bought it 2 months ago for 749.99. Has anyone been successful in having costco do a price adjustment?
    As long as its in stock at the new price at the location where you're price matching it shouldn't be a problem.
    Basically saves everyone the hassle of buying and returning.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

Newage Garage cabinets are on sale (23-28% off) on their website:
    https://ca.shopnewage.com/collection...inets-offers#/

Some sets get cheaper when you add the light option as the discount gets bigger.
    ---

Does anyone own a set of those New Age or Princess Auto 24Ga cabinets? If so I would appreciate your opinion on quality/strength.

I can't find anywhere to actually view either of them in person and I can't get a straight answer on quality. 50% of people say the sheet metal is so thin and cheap that it's garbage (doors flexing, locks not working, shelves bowing under light weight, etc.), and 50% of people seem to love it. The Garage Store tried to sell me 18 GA stuff which I'm sure is nice but was $4K for the same thing - they said they don't even sell the 24GA stuff because it's so bad, but I'm not sure I believe that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    Does anyone own a set of those New Age or Princess Auto 24Ga cabinets? If so I would appreciate your opinion on quality/strength.

I can't find anywhere to actually view either of them in person and I can't get a straight answer on quality. 50% of people say the sheet metal is so thin and cheap that it's garbage (doors flexing, locks not working, shelves bowing under light weight, etc.), and 50% of people seem to love it. The Garage Store tried to sell me 18 GA stuff which I'm sure is nice but was $4K for the same thing - they said they don't even sell the 24GA stuff because it's so bad, but I'm not sure I believe that.
    One thing to consider is that the NewAge Pro (18GA) cabinets are bigger overall. (24" depth vs 18" on the Bold line, also taller and wider too IIRC). Could potentially size down the set so the cost difference isn't as great.

There is also the Performance Plus line that is also 18GA and the price is in between the Bold and Pro.
    ---

Quote Originally Posted by kenny View Post
    One thing to consider is that the NewAge Pro (18GA) cabinets are bigger overall. (24" depth vs 18" on the Bold line, also taller and wider too IIRC). Could potentially size down the set so the cost difference isn't as great.

There is also the Performance Plus line that is also 18GA and the price is in between the Bold and Pro.
    Thanks. I'm just looking for something fairly basic, mostly for detailing supplies and some other odds & ends. If I could store a small compressor in the bottom, that would be a bonus. I definitely don't need the best stuff but I just don't want it to be junk that I regret buying in a couple years.

My Ride
    Mazda 3

Thanks. I'm just looking for something fairly basic, mostly for detailing supplies and some other odds & ends. If I could store a small compressor in the bottom, that would be a bonus. I definitely don't need the best stuff but I just don't want it to be junk that I regret buying in a couple years.
    I have the 24GA Bold series and its holding up really good. Only had them for 2 years but I store basic junk inside and on top (Lots of fluids, large bags of soil, detailing stuff) but I would say everything together would be fairly heavy.
    It hasn't gone out of square or anything and the doors and drawers haven't needed to be adjusted. The size was right for me as I don't have a huge garage.

Edit:
    This is the one I have so it offers a bit of everything for my feedback/review.
    https://ca.shopnewage.com/collection...inet-set-50070
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    2008 Mercedes Benz C230, 1968 Chevy Impala

I’ve got some new age cabinets. Found a stinking good deal a couple years ago on amazon. $1800 delivered. They’ve been great for the amount of use they see. Only one small dent and that was my own fault during install. Also got some of those pro slat wall panels and they’ve been awesome too. Helps keep shit off the floor.

Sry for the mess. Too many unemployment projects on the go...

Last edited by cycosis; 05-10-2020 at 03:42 PM.
    1968 Impala: Status: Stored
    1977 Dodge Triple E RV: Sold
    1989 Mercedes Benz 420 SEL: Sold
    2008 Mercedes Benz C230: Cruising
    2000 Bluebird TC2000: Build phase of skoolie project
    2018 Rav4 XLE: New baby friendly daily

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

-What is that giant MDF zipper thing next to the ladder
    -The Halloween decoration can go way up the wall; it's literally used once/yr and taking up 10% of your slat wall space for more frequently used items.

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Quote Originally Posted by 88CRX View Post
    Came with 2 sets of keys yup.

Okotoks. But I’m pretty sure it was on sale everywhere till yesterday.
    Are they no longer on sale, do you know?

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Quote Originally Posted by Brent.ff View Post
    I'm pretty sure the price tag at Costco noted that it ended May 3rd.

My Ride
    Blue boy

Quote Originally Posted by Brent.ff View Post
    not anymore

Anyone know someone that can drywall my garage for me? 22x20. Will pay cash.

My Ride
    2008 Mercedes Benz C230, 1968 Chevy Impala

Quote Originally Posted by jwslam View Post
    -What is that giant MDF zipper thing next to the ladder
    -The Halloween decoration can go way up the wall; it's literally used once/yr and taking up 10% of your slat wall space for more frequently used items.
    Thx for the organization tips?
    1968 Impala: Status: Stored
    1977 Dodge Triple E RV: Sold
    1989 Mercedes Benz 420 SEL: Sold
    2008 Mercedes Benz C230: Cruising
    2000 Bluebird TC2000: Build phase of skoolie project
    2018 Rav4 XLE: New baby friendly daily

My Ride
    992 T-hawk Golf R

Quote Originally Posted by Chester View Post
    Anyone know someone that can drywall my garage for me? 22x20. Will pay cash.
    PM sent
    I like neat cars.

I've got The Garage Store coming this week to put a polyaspartic coating on the floor. Of all the places I called, they seemed to have the best prep/installation procedures, which is the most important part IMO. My parents also used them 4 years ago and have had no issues with their coating. Warranty is 20 years.

$5.95/sq ft + $9.00/sq ft for the sides/edges if anyone is wondering. A basic 20X20 garage will run you around $2,900 depending on the size of the boarder/edging and assuming you have no concrete repairs to do. You can put lighter items on it after a few hours, and drive on it after 24-30 hours. Low VOC if you're worried about that.

As for my cabinet search, I think I am just going to get this and revisit it next year: https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/m...0667p.html#srp

Reviews are good and it holds 300lbs per shelf (400lbs on the bottom) so it can't be too flimsy. I did see it live and it looked pretty good, but it was on the top shelf so I couldn't touch it.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 05-13-2020 at 11:29 PM.

My Ride
    111R, FL5, DC2R, E61,W201, E36, GSW

I've got The Garage Store coming this week to put a polyaspartic coating on the floor. Of all the places I called, they seemed to have the best prep/installation procedures, which is the most important part IMO. My parents also used them 4 years ago and have had no issues with their coating. Warranty is 20 years.

$5.95/sq ft + $9.00/sq ft for the sides/edges if anyone is wondering. A basic 20X20 garage will run you around $2,900 depending on the size of the boarder/edging and assuming you have no concrete repairs to do. You can put lighter items on it after a few hours, and drive on it after 24-30 hours. Low VOC if you're worried about that.
    They did my floor as well a few months back. Was really happy with the result. One difference with them vs other places is that they do charge you per ft for crack repair where as other places just charge a flat rate basically. It didnt amount to much more but it is a difference. Either way I still went with them as they were the only guys that could offer a top coat that would stand up to studded tires.

My Ride
    *The First*

That $9/sq-ft surprises me for vertical curb walls. Like, why?!

Quote Originally Posted by A2VR6 View Post
    They did my floor as well a few months back. Was really happy with the result. One difference with them vs other places is that they do charge you per ft for crack repair where as other places just charge a flat rate basically. It didnt amount to much more but it is a difference. Either way I still went with them as they were the only guys that could offer a top coat that would stand up to studded tires.
    Nice.

My garage pad was poured less than a year ago, but it had some hairline cracks (nothing big at all). I believe they filled them for free since they didn't charge me for them. They told me if a dime can stand upright in it, that is when its considered singnificant. When my parents had their floor done, they had some more significant damage (30 year old pad) and that was an extra charge.

Was that top coat extra or just part of the normal product? I'm pretty sure they told me to avoid studded tires if possible (I don't have them anyway) but I could have misunderstood them.

They finished this afternoon and it looks great. Only issue is my garage backs onto an alley and wind blew in a bunch of leaves, which they told me is an issue, so they said they may have to come back and fix a couple spots.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    I think it's because they have to do it by hand (i.e, not with a giant squeegee), and also there is the 90 degree angle to deal with (they make it round), and some people need extra work done there depending on how the garage is constructed so the coating can actually adhere. It's a bit expensive but the boarder doesn't end up being too many sq ft.

My Ride
    111R, FL5, DC2R, E61,W201, E36, GSW

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    That’s standard for all the quotes I got

Nice.

My garage pad was poured less than a year ago, but it had some hairline cracks (nothing big at all). I believe they filled them for free since they didn't charge me for them. They told me if a dime can stand upright in it, that is when its considered singnificant. When my parents had their floor done, they had some more significant damage (30 year old pad) and that was an extra charge.

Was that top coat extra or just part of the normal product? I'm pretty sure they told me to avoid studded tires if possible (I don't have them anyway) but I could have misunderstood them.

They finished this afternoon and it looks great. Only issue is my garage backs onto an alley and wind blew in a bunch of leaves, which they told me is an issue, so they said they may have to come back and fix a couple spots.
    When mine was done the pad was about 4 months old. There were some decent cracks in it already (pad was poured in winter, floor was done in spring). I think the transition from freezing/thawing got most of the cracks that the pad will experience out.

The top coat was extra (its an additional product on top of the normal top coat). I specifically was looking for someone that had a coating that could withstand studs. Apparently this stuff is fairly new and it’s the stuff that CAT uses for all their tracked equipment in their service bays. I like it since it’s a “tougher” surface so it adds a bit of traction so the floor isn’t super slippy.
    Last edited by A2VR6; 05-15-2020 at 12:13 AM.

My Ride
    UCF20/R35

Had my floors done 2 years ago. Had a chip happen around 3 inches in diameter. They came by stripped the entire floor and redid the application. Original cost was 4.30 per sq ft
    Name:  94524E68-EFDE-4406-86DD-EEA21D4E9D58.jpg
Views: 427
Size:  45.3 KB

Originally posted by rage2
    Can someone who speaks brown please translate this for me please?

Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 17 ... LastLast