Quantcast
Form for putting a deposit on a vehicle for private sale - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Form for putting a deposit on a vehicle for private sale

Default Form for putting a deposit on a vehicle for private sale

The seller has produced a certified cheque that has been sent to the financing company, and now it is just a matter of waiting for the lien to be removed.

I'd like to get a signed bill of sale and put a deposit on the car, both pending the lien is taken care of.

Would I just use the normal form below and put the details into Section 3? Or is there something else you guys would recommend? Thanks!

http://www.crossfieldregistry.ca/for...-Sale_2014.pdf

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

I just do a normal bill of sale for the entire amount then in the comments/backside section I list out, deposit of X paid via certified cheque, sent to whatever company on Y date. Remaining amount of Z to be paid in full via _ by so and so date

Also I'd put in the free of all lien section the info on who holds the lead and that it is to be paid in full prior to sale and such

I guess as a follow up question... is there a way to get something signed that says "I am buying the car on the condition that you are taking responsibility of the lien"?

That way, I can buy the car right away and don't have to wait a week to take possession, and they are wholly on the hook for the lien. They seem like very trustworthy people, and the sale went through pretty smoothly so far...

My Ride
    This and that.

When I purchased a vehicle that had lien on it, I went to the bank with the seller. Paid the money to the seller who went to his bank manager and gave the cheque. It would have taken some time for the lien to clear out but since I was paying the car and clearing out the sellers loan at the same time, I had the bank give me a letter to the effect of what you're saying right away so I could take the car home right away. The bank essentially wrote that the lien on VIN number blah blah has been paid off etc.

In this case though since they are clearing out the lien on their own (sounds like), bank wouldn't do that for you but you could get something from the seller I guess. But to avoid any sort of issue down the line and to be on the safe side, I'd just wait to be certain. Chances are it'll be fine but there's always that odd chance that they try to screw you over and while you'll have all the proof, it'll just have to be litigated to get any sort of result.
    Last edited by shakalaka; 04-21-2016 at 05:57 PM.