Quantcast
Window tint petition - Alberta - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Window tint petition - Alberta

My Ride
    Is fun!

Arrow Window tint petition - Alberta

Hey guys! Not sure if this has been shared here yet (couldn't find it anywhere), but thought it might be worth while.....you never know

https://www.change.org/p/brian-mason...edium=copylink

My Ride
    G37X

Signed.

My Ride
    GLS63 AMG

I remember about 6 years ago we had the "Calling all surrounding cities meet", as we were on the QE2 nearing gasoline alley(or Red Deer I cant recall exactly) 2 police cruisers pass us and block off a lane of traffic(apparently someone called in a guy on a bike speeding and they went gung ho on us), one of the officers proceeds to have any vehicles with tint on the front side windows pull onto the shoulder, which meant there was roughly 50 of us on the side of the road, you either had to pull the tint or risk getting towed. A co-worker of mine had to peel the clear film off his windows because the officer thought it was tint, made me laugh when he handed me a ball of clear scrunchy plastic.

Last edited by StreetRacerX; 04-24-2016 at 09:26 AM.

Oh this reminds me of the good old days of being a 17 year old shit head driving my 91 Accord with limo tint on the front windows. Drove from AB to BC, as soon as I got into BC, I got pulled over and I had to rip the tint off. It was not pleasant driving another 5 hours with glue residue on both side windows

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Signed. I can understand issues with limo tint, but to limit ANY tint on the front always struck me as a cash grab.

My Ride
    Has 5 wheels.

Originally posted by StreetRacerX
    I remember about 6 years ago we had the "Calling all surrounding cities meet", as we were on the QE2 nearing gasoline alley(or Red Deer I cant recall exactly) 2 police cruisers pass us and block off a lane of traffic(apparently someone called in a guy on a bike speeding and they went gung ho on us), one of the officers proceeds to have any vehicles with tint on the front side windows pull onto the shoulder, which meant there was roughly 50 of us on the side of the road, you either had to pull the tint or risk getting towed. A co-worker of mine had to peel the clear film off his windows because the officer thought it was tint, made me laugh when he handed me a ball of clear scrunchy plastic.

my tint came off my car that day too, damn bowden RCMP. i think i ended up sitting there for half an hour waiting for the thumbs up to take off. that was a fun cruise otherwise.

My Ride
    Silverado, G37x

Signed it a few days ago, saw it on Facebook.

Pretty sure online petitions are useless, but hopefully it at least shows that people are opposed to this outdated useless law

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Originally posted by StreetRacerX

Originally posted by wintonyk

my tint came off my car that day too, damn bowden RCMP. i think i ended up sitting there for half an hour waiting for the thumbs up to take off. that was a fun cruise otherwise.
    That's Antler Hill in the background so it was most likely Innisfail RCMP. Still a few km out of Gasoline Alley according to the pic.

But damn, that's really heavy-handed.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride
    V8s

This petition won't go anywhere.

Having said that, I've had tint on my front windows on every car I've had (including current) since 2011. No tickets, so

Last edited by 01RedDX; 09-23-2020 at 03:25 PM.

My Ride
    Silverado, G37x

Originally posted by 01RedDX
    Signed. Anyone else find it funny that the OP is the mother of Mr. Tinted Windshield?
    I didn't even notice Thats funny

My Ride
    Trucks

Is there a petition to increase the fines for front window tint? I'd sign that. There are no valid reasons to tint the front windows in Alberta other than to look gangster. Not being able to make eye contact as a driver or pedestrian is a serious safety issue and I'd like to know if the guy driving like an idiot near me is drinking a 6 pack or has a hooker on their lap. (I've seen both)

Do these online petitions actually accomplish anything? I agree that it's just a silly cash grab but I'm not sure if law makers actually take these seriously. Police presence for these easy revenue generator schemes have definitely seemed to go up lately with the recession.

My Ride
    Pushbroom

Originally posted by Darell_n
    Is there a petition to increase the fines for front window tint? I'd sign that. There are no valid reasons to tint the front windows in Alberta other than to look gangster. Not being able to make eye contact as a driver or pedestrian is a serious safety issue and I'd like to know if the guy driving like an idiot near me is drinking a 6 pack or has a hooker on their lap. (I've seen both)
    It doesn't affect you... There are lots of valid reasons where someone would want to get their front windows tinted. Security, reduces glare especially in the winter months, keeps the vehicle much cooler (important on a car without A/C) etc. Also the obvious reasons for improving aesthetics.

My Ride
    Silverado, G37x

Is it really a serious issue? Pedestrians just walk into traffic these days, nobody cares about eye contact. Wait for the car to stop, seems pretty easy to me

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Not being able to make eye contact as a driver or pedestrian is a serious safety issue (I've seen both)
    Tinted/reflective helmet face shields cause no eye contact and its not illegal......... or is it???
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride
    V8s

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

My Ride
    Silverado, G37x

My Ride
    2009 G37X sedan, 2009 Murano

When I see front tinted windows I just think northeast ghetto drug dealer...funny thing its almost always some old rust bucket. I've bought used cars before with front tint and I find it extremely hard to see out of at night.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

I prefer having no tint at all so people can see me flip them off

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast