Quantcast
Window tint petition - Alberta - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Window tint petition - Alberta

My Ride
    Grimace

Yes, and with a light tint there is no issue ever seeing out of the windshield
    I am not talking about limo tint, just a light tint. Why would I want tint so dark I can't see without rolling down my window
    Cuts down on glare, heat and aesthetically pleasing.

My Ride
    Cayman, F150, Crosstour

Originally posted by FraserB
    Ummm, isn't that a mistake on your part though? You didn't know for sure she had stopped and just assumed that she had seen you. No tint on the right wouldn't help if she was looking left.
    lol. Regardless. No tint on the right, I could have seen which way she was looking.

Like I said, appeared she looked right and had waved me past - but could not make out the hand motion completely as the windows were tinted. Could have been adjusting the mirror, hair, etc. I hesitated anyways, and good thing I did.
    Last edited by CLiVE; 04-27-2016 at 09:08 AM.

My Ride

Oh yea i was talking about side ones as well, windshield is a big no in my book

Originally posted by Darell_n
    Is there a petition to increase the fines for front window tint? I'd sign that. There are no valid reasons to tint the front windows in Alberta other than to look gangster. Not being able to make eye contact as a driver or pedestrian is a serious safety issue and I'd like to know if the guy driving like an idiot near me is drinking a 6 pack or has a hooker on their lap. (I've seen both)
    I feel the same, bro. Tint kills. I hope rear tints are outlawed as well, I feel uncomfortable unless I can make eye contact with the driver in front of me via his rearview mirror.

And when I see cars swerving around on friday nights, I like to roll right up beside him, into his blind spot, and visually check the driver's pupil dilation to assess if he's drunk or not. I can't do that when he has front tints.
    Last edited by slinkie; 04-26-2016 at 01:25 AM.

My Ride

man you sound like you want to JEDI his eyes

My Ride
    E93 335is, F32 435xi, '16 Denali 1500

Originally posted by Darell_n
    Is there a petition to increase the fines for front window tint? I'd sign that. There are no valid reasons to tint the front windows in Alberta other than to look gangster. Not being able to make eye contact as a driver or pedestrian is a serious safety issue and I'd like to know if the guy driving like an idiot near me is drinking a 6 pack or has a hooker on their lap. (I've seen both)
    That's odd because if you actually used it you'd see much more benefits, I do it for temperature, when I'm Driving at night it reduces the blinding lights behind me from semis , jacked up trucks , and people with hids slapped into halogen housings, and also keeps me from getting sun coming through My side windows giving me more glare impacting my vision which could lead to hitting someone.
    Also makes it so some crack head can't look in easily see 2$ change or something else worthless and smash my window out for it, since they will typically only smash into a car if something is in plain site, whether that Be a pack of smokes of a couple dollars in change.
    I even do 40-50% ceramic film on all windshields including my wife's jeep, for all the same reasons, especially since she drives at night on the highway lots at night. With lots of semis with bright lights and idiots not turning off their high beams.

My Ride
    Trucks

Originally posted by italianstylez

That's odd because if you actually used it you'd see much more benefits, I do it for temperature, when I'm Driving at night it reduces the blinding lights behind me from semis , jacked up trucks , and people with hids slapped into halogen housings, and also keeps me from getting sun coming through My side windows giving me more glare impacting my vision which could lead to hitting someone.
    Also makes it so some crack head can't look in easily see 2$ change or something else worthless and smash my window out for it, since they will typically only smash into a car if something is in plain site, whether that Be a pack of smokes of a couple dollars in change.
    I even do 40-50% ceramic film on all windshields including my wife's jeep, for all the same reasons, especially since she drives at night on the highway lots at night. With lots of semis with bright lights and idiots not turning off their high beams.
    Who said I haven't had it on past vehicles? If you have night vision problems go inform your doctor and get a restriction on your license, please.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

I even do 40-50% ceramic film on all windshields including my wife's jeep..
    So at night, you're driving with almost or half of your available light entering through the windshield gone. Not very smart. Also a huge liability if you get into an accident and the other party calls you out on it.

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

I've been driving fish bowls since I had my license. My current car is my first car having any tint. It has 35% fully tinted except the front . I was a bit worried about visibility both ways at first. It's been a year now and not once had I experienced any issues. I can see out and people can still see me. Well I don't know for sure that they can see me but I have waved and they reacted. I can't comment on tint darker than that. The car is definitely cooler in the summer. No more scorching hot leather for me. Is it worth a child's life? Probably not but I also like bacon.

My Ride
    V8s

*snip*
    40% tint on your windshield is absolutely retarded (50% would be as well, for that matter). The highway at night is the worst time for this, cause you can't rely on streetlights to help you out.
    Last edited by bjstare; 04-26-2016 at 09:54 AM.

Would your insurance be void if you got into an accident at night with windshield tint?

Originally posted by Disoblige

So at night, you're driving with almost or half of your available light entering through the windshield gone. Not very smart. Also a huge liability if you get into an accident and the other party calls you out on it.

Originally posted by cjblair

40% tint on your windshield is absolutely retarded (50% would be as well, for that matter). The highway at night is the worst time for this, cause you can't rely on streetlights to help you out.
    FYI, tint at 50% is hardly noticeable. The general rule of thumb is 30% to keep the cops off your back.

My Ride
    Grimace

Originally posted by spike98
    FYI, tint at 50% is hardly noticeable. The general rule of thumb is 30% to keep the cops off your back.
    I don't know if you are correct. Ray and Stevie here keep telling me that I wouldn't be able to see anything

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

schocker, although I don't agree with, isn't as bad (although I don't know what his definition of "light" even is).

But people here being ok with 40-50% windshield tint? You gone full retard.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I've been in a car with all windows, including windshield tinted and let me tell ya, on a hot summer day, car parked in the sun, it's fucking awesome when you get back into it.

Front windshield tint is legal in a lot of places not Alberta.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Grimace

schocker, although I don't agree with, isn't as bad (although I don't know what his definition of "light" even is).

From the photo, I think I would be OK with 50% and up. Not sure what my old car was, kind of looks like 50, but it was really nice on my eyes and I never had visibility problems in any conditions. I suppose that is more based upon my eyes.

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version
    click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

Originally posted by rage2
    I've been in a car with all windows, including windshield tinted and let me tell ya, on a hot summer day, car parked in the sun, it's fucking awesome when you get back into it.
    Yup, it is great. Go into my acura on a hot day, that pos doesn't even have privacy tint on the rear and it burns your ass off
    Last edited by schocker; 04-26-2016 at 12:59 PM.

My Ride
    AWD grandpa wagon

Wait... people actually tint their front windshield? I know you can get clear windshield tint to further reduce UV transmission into the cabin, but never realize people actually put 40-50% tint.

Ok, i guess i missed that. Anything on the windshield is fucking retarded.

I assumed that people were calling all windows, windshields.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Yes, tinting front windshield is legal in some states. Your factory window is already lightly tinted from the factory allowing 80-90% light to pass through, and some states allow you to add tint to drop that down to 70%.

The windshield is the biggest piece of glass if you don't have a panoramic roof, and lets in the most heat in the summers. So while you might find it retarded because it's illegal here, elsewhere it's perfectly acceptable.

I tint my pano roof, but I don't tint my windshield. Pretty much guaranteed ticket in Alberta with a tinted windshield.

The dumbest thing about these laws is that it's completely different province to province. Even if we change the laws to allow side window tint, drive to BC and you'll get your tint removed if you get busted.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    G37X

I agree. I've noticed that the trucks give me a little more bumper room with my hitch mounted bike rack I usually adjust my mirrors to shine the light back at them. Unfortunately, it probably doesn't even work due to the height differential.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast