Quantcast
Training Opportunity - Drilling and Completions for non-engineers - May 5 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Training Opportunity - Drilling and Completions for non-engineers - May 5

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Default Training Opportunity - Drilling and Completions for non-engineers - May 5

Rage2 approved.

As some of you know, I've started a company that focuses on mentoring, training and advisory consulting services for the oil and gas industry. I've had a lot of great assistance from beyond members in getting this off the ground, and I've been very fortunate to assemble an amazing team to assist me.

http://www.petroleummentors.com/

We are putting on our first open course next week and have a few spots still open. I would love to hear from anyone who could benefit. I am offering discounts for group registrations, as well as beyond member discounts.

Tired of impersonal, boring training? Join Petroleum Mentors for a day of workshop-style sessions designed to help your non-technical staff get a better understanding of the drilling and completion technical topics that drive your business.

Ideal for staff in:
    - Supply Chain
    - Stakeholder Relations
    - Regulatory & Licensing
    - Project Management
    - IT Business Analysts and Business support roles
    - Accounting

Built with the non-Engineer in mind, our training involves participatory group discussions on drilling and completion practices using practical, straight-forward language and examples. Participants can discuss their unique struggles and opportunities in a highly personalized small-group setting.

Every $550+gst registration includes:
    - 1 day of small-group training
    - 2 weeks of email support
    - A one-on-one follow-up session with one of our mentors

We will be offering this training in Calgary on Thursday May 5th and space is very limited. Email us for at [email protected] for registration information.

http://www.petroleummentors.com/current-training/
    Last edited by ExtraSlow; 04-28-2016 at 01:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

The website has been getting a lot of hits from this post already. Feel free to email, PM or post any questions.

Pretty funny, I paid to have an advertisement run in the DOB for a day, and I've already generated more traffic to my website than I got in 24 hours from the DOB. The power of beyond.ca.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Canyonero

Seems like a great idea to me! I confess I was curious what kind of biz you were starting. Good luck ExtraSlow!

My Ride
    G6

Good luck. One idea for a course would be something simplified on waterflood surveillance and optimization. A step-by-step guide. I took a 5 day course on the topic by an industry expert and was underwhelmed.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Originally posted by Feruk
    simplified waterflood surveillance and optimization.
    I actually have a guy who would be great for that topic. Might be tough to fill an open course, but we can run in-house courses for as few as four people. Since all our experts are in town, we also have the option of doing different formats as well, such as doing two half day sessions instead of jamming in eight hours of lectures into a single day. I think that kind of delivery fits many organizations better.

I can write up a custom plan if you want, give me a shout.

My Ride
    78 civic

I think its a great idea. As a non oil and gas guy.. I often ask people what the hell they actually do, verses them saying (2007- snob voice-"I'm in oil and gas")

My Ride
    M3

Good luck! I would definitely take this if I had a job to pay for it

My Ride
    Exploded.

Have fun, whoever is planning to take these courses!

Completions is the coolest part of the extraction phase IMO. Gotta love it when someone fucks up a ball drop lol.

Sigh, I miss it.

My Ride
    Silverado

Anything on gathering lines or systems?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Originally posted by dirtsniffer
    Anything on gathering lines or systems?
    This could mean a lot of different things. We should sit down over a coffee and discuss. I don't want to oversell our current capabilities, so I'd want to understand your needs better. Shoot me a PM or email.

My Ride
    Civic, MDX

Great idea for a company. Supply chain people with fundamental knowledge of D&C ops are few and far between. PM'd.

Originally posted by ExtraSlow
    Pretty funny, I paid to have an advertisement run in the DOB for a day, and I've already generated more traffic to my website than I got in 24 hours from the DOB. The power of beyond.ca.
    I don't think I've ever clicked a DOB classified ad, haha.
    Originally posted by t_soarer
    ....can anyone say "retarted"?
    Originally posted by leftwing
    no more retarted 18 year old girls who fail out.
    Originally posted by benyl
    The english language is retarted...
    Originally posted by Maxx Mazda
    Stanced cars look retarted anyways.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Originally posted by viff3r
    Great idea for a company. Supply chain people with fundamental knowledge of D&C ops are few and far between. PM'd.

I don't think I've ever clicked a DOB classified ad, haha.
    Thanks for the PM, I emailed you back. I agree, there is insufficient cross-training for a lot of groups, and SCM folks are just the beginning. I've had some traction with Accounts Payable people as well, since it makes sense that it would be helpful to know more about the services and products that are being invoiced.

We also have an offering that is tailored towards the D&C engineering and technicians themselves, but that can't be squeezed into a 1-day course. If anyone wants to hear more about that, let me know.

My Ride
    AECO

This looks legit and beneficial. Nicely done.
    I will be emailing tomorrow to see about registration.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I've had a few beyonders email or PM me about discounts for students/unemployed/corporate cutbacks etc.
    YES there are discounts!! and if you are a member on beyond.ca, YES they probably apply to you!!

Please email for details, and please do it today, as there is a small pre-course survey that gives you the chance to tailor the content to your specific needs. I would let folks register at the last minute, but you will get more value if you do it today at the latest.

Again, email is a much faster method than PM's.
    [email protected]

http://www.petroleummentors.com/
    http://www.petroleummentors.com/current-training/

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

We had a very successful classroom session today, and the students are looking forward to our included two weeks of email support and follow up one-on-one sessions.

Thanks for all the support and well wishes from the Beyond.ca community. I track my website traffic and more folks from beyond checked us out in the last ten days than from any other single source.

As I'm not a paid sponsor, you may not be hearing much more about our company, so if you would like to keep in the loop, follow the company on LinkedIn.

Thanks to all and best wishes.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

We're working on two courses for this spring. Pretty pumped.

- A two day well integrity workshop, covering cementing techniques for improved long term integrity, wellbore evaluation methods, and remediation and abandonment.

- Two-day Operations Geology course for geologists and engineers.
    " Geologists and Engineers! Gain a deep insight into Operations Geology, the art and science of delivering a wellbore that meets the needs of your asset team, and won't cause your drillers to tear their hair out. Petroleum Mentors is presenting a two-day course covering wellsite geology, coring, geosteering and logging. Suitable for both Geoscientists and Drilling and Completions Engineers, this course will teach the things that aren't in any textbook. "

Dates and locations for both courses coming soon. I do give beyond discounts, and there are also discounts for anyone who registers multiple people at the same time.

PM me, or track me down through the website or on LinkedIn for details.