Quantcast
TomCO PDR review! :D - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: TomCO PDR review! :D

My Ride
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Default TomCO PDR review! :D

Mysteriously, over winter, two dents appeared in the rail above my driver side front and rear doors. I assume, since I park in a parking lot for work, people may have dinged my car putting long things like brooms, fishing rods, etc, into their cars.

They weren't major or even really unsightly, but I didn't like my car having divots that could develop into pits should some lovely salt get in there next winter.

Enter TomCO PDR (superhero sound here). I PM'd, asked if he could take a look to see if they were PDR-able. After looking at some pictures, he said they should be OK to be PDR'd

Within the space of about 30 minutes, he had the two dents, and two more he found with his bloody powerful lights, smoothed out, gone, disappeared. It looks like the dents were never there.

So if you ever need a hail claim on your car, I'd tell you to try to get TomCO to do the repair because he is fast, precise, and damned good at what he does

Unfortunately, because I'm a bit of a dolt, I didn't take any before/after comparison pictures :|
    Geek

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

YUP.

TomCO helped me get a wicked deal on my F150, fixed the hail damage on it to the point where it looks like it never happened. Guy is amazing when he puts on that wizard hat.

*in before robe reference*
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    Super Car(s)

TomCo is the best for sure!

My Ride
    Anything topless.

Just don't ask to see his wizard's sleeve!!
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

WTF!! I am a moderator!!

My Ride
    FB6

I have nothing but good things to say about Tomco. He's always there to help the community. Fair pricing and the attention to detail and quality of work is amazing. He's also very good with explaining what he can and can not do before he starts the work.

My Ride
    Cummins F10

Tomco is the best guy around to use.
    I wouldn't use any other PDR guy.
    My family has used him for 4 different cars now, and we couldn't be happier with the results.
    Keep up the great work!!
    Originally posted by Mibz
    The criteria for being a Beyond Baller is simply knowing you are one.
    Deleted F10 535d
    My hybrid burns Diesel & Oil

My Ride
    4Runner Trail Edition

TomCO

My Ride
    Lease

Thank you for the props (feels weird not acknowledging), much appreciate those who appreciate my specific work.

Well, at this point (2016), yes, I'm a hit and miss service for Beyond... so consider me just a Beyond/PDR liaison, help out with PDR comments, education, opinions, etc. But of course with these recent huge 2010+ huge hail years, PDR in Calgary or Alberta, is just becoming a household term in autobiz and car forums. (I've leaned towards only dealing with those Beyonders who care enough to educate themselves about PDR and what service they're seeking... no need to "sell" myself nor the technique)

Kind of writing this in reference to current Beyond Nostalgia "back in the days" thread http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.p...23#post4565623

Because yes, the older we get, the less time we have to ourselves. I used to avoid saying this, but, I for one, actually support some of the brutal truth that members like InRich spits out. (i.e. don't waste my time, your small job asking for cheapest price/highest quality and a risk of a negative review doesn't entice me, don't need to take on EVERY client/no time/screen the work, you don't need to use ME if you're just looking for generic work which they're tons of others that'll do the same, don't hurt me one bit, etc...) I might not say things as rudely (at least I don't think), but love getting a kick how InRich say things.

Small dings (experiences above), are made during my personal private time (appreciate those who appreciates this). As our industry evolved, we lean towards more and more business 2 business transcations on hail damage insurance claims, for those techs able to do so.

But of course, sincerely, not ALL cases where I can't connect with a Beyonder is based on avoiding them, lol. I still refuse to open a "pump shop" with random hired employees. In the professional side of PDR hail insurance claims; we HIRE EACH OTHER... compared to door ding shops; those are mostly randomly hired with "crash course training"; imo/experience. Chessy analogy, sort of like professional hitmen hiring each other, working out a percentage agreement of total main heist, compared to just random thugs with 1 kingpin hiring expandable dudes pulling small robbery B&E. (well, nostalgia thread related, it was 2009 that I TRIED and even purchased a commercial property to have a local shop, that experience, well, is sealed in the Beyond vault... but learned a lot, learned how much I appreciate going back to what I do; an actual technician needed within my industry hired by other professionals to help them out) And again, I appreciate Beyond car enthusiasts that envisions that's exactly who I am. (and finally realizing, not everyone requires nor want my type of tech service neither, so I've actually been trying hard to suggest those whom might be better serviced else where... i.e. if they want a larger business that they can just drop in no appointment, a 9-5 shop. just need something cheapest as possible versus a yes/no to a specific tech's estimate)

Here's a classic where someone EXPECTED me to take this on as PDR.

These are some cases where I normally wouldn't take it on as a business, but I'm a sentimental bastard, took these on because I had connection with these owners.

This one was done last summer, a Beyonder, whom I met, through my 2009 warehouse ownership experience. He manages a bodyshop, and unfortunately the dent tech that visits that shop, worked on his Cadillac CTS-V.

But, me and this Beyonder had good people relation still and he reached out asking if I could fix this (tried at least)

Did the best I could to smooth it out.

This never even made it on my Beyond article page, just cause I wouldn't not take this one regularly. (how do I charge you, for fixing another tech's mess, sure, I can start a timer and tell you my rate NO GUARANTEE of outcome... and I'm definitely not "trying to fix this for FREE" for anybody; SORRY)

End of the day, all I got from this Beyonder was a BJ; that's Booster Juice, true story. But, we hung out at his bodyshop, reminisced, traded life lesson stories, etc... Priceless.

Then there's this bike tank just this week. A Beyonder, don't see him online much. Wouldn't turn out perfect, imo, nor worth my time or customer's money for me to even attempt to make this perfect.

In this case I purposely illustrated the poke marks. It was understood that this tank was being completely repainted, so I'll miminize the amount of bodyfiller needed. That is all, it was by no means eliminating bodywork/paint/re-do. (and this car enthusiast understood this and only requested of this)

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

Worked on it purely because it turned out, his dad/family was the preivous owner of my 2009 warehouse purchase, in my 20's, his dad (warehouse seller) was very reasonable and treated me well as two total strangers, didn't judge me (can this kid afford this property? why waste my time dealing with this kid, answering technical property questions) AND thru his Instagram, a true car/motorsport guy; true passion. Not someone looking for "just get those dentless toilet plunger guys to only pop it out for a few bucks"

Thought I'd spit out a 2 page essay, lol circa TomcoPDR 2006 (different user since 2004). Throw back Thursday, current nostalgia thread. Spend some time, pay my lip service.

Yes, there're been talks and consideration about random TomcoPDR giveaways.

Tom, you are a class act. Don't know if you remember, but you took care of my Subaru on a Saturday at your place (5 - 6 years ago now), and it turned out perfect.

My Ride
    Lease

Originally posted by xrayvsn
    Tom, you are a class act. Don't know if you remember, but you took care of my Subaru on a Saturday at your place (5 - 6 years ago now), and it turned out perfect.
    Of course Brian... blue... should had been on left front door and left rear door... sold under condition from buyer that you'll get dents fixed.

I don't suppose you provide fleet service? Between 3 houses we have a few cars with regular dents that need to get popped.

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

I need a couple dings on the S2k popped out, sent you a PM last year. Any chance you can squeeze me in this summer?

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

I got a couple dents on the hood of my Jeep I'd love for Tomco to fix in July

My Ride
    NC1

He does great work no argument there. The booking process....well, good luck. haha
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Blue boy

I got a couple small dents on the hood and trunk of my BMW that need to be pulled No rush

My Ride
    Super Car(s)

Originally posted by max_boost
    He does great work no argument there. The booking process....well, good luck. haha
    really?!? fuck that, I just quick txt him and holla something like whats going on bitch, yo, I need my shit fixed aaaaasap. I usually get in right away

Just a reminder dai lo Tom, I need to pay you a visit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Arash reminds me of Mar but I can't tell which one is more stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah well I wonder how they get the soft flowing caramel inside the Caramilk bar but you don't see me making a god damn thread about it. Slap your wife Baygirl, straighten him out.

My Ride
    Super Car(s)

Tom come play poker at my house next time I have a game god damn it!

My Ride
    18 Model S, 20 Macan S, 67 Camaro & 11 SLS

meet him at Deerfoot to tag team Cleo and tell him to bring his tools

My Ride
    BOOSTANG,CADDY,Z32

I Just wanted to say Thanx again Tom, You are an amazing guy. I am still in awe at your pdr stills and your amazing itch to help people. I have nothing but respect for you my friend.

BOOSTIN
    I Love me some turbo action

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast