Quantcast
Idiots driving with high-beams and burned out brake lights *rant* - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Idiots driving with high-beams and burned out brake lights *rant*

Default Idiots driving with high-beams and burned out brake lights *rant*

This is a two part rant..

I'm really sick of driving around Calgary at night only to be blinded by complete idiots that have their high-beams on facing oncoming traffic. Like, driving around downtown, there's no need for you to have your high beams on and blind everyone. Even when you flash your high-beams at them, they don't seem to pick up on the clue that they're blinding you. When you get your license in Alberta, do they not teach you what the blue light in the gauge cluster means when you turn on your high beams?

Lastly, I've also been noticing a lot of vehicles with burned out brake lights. Most vehicles have 3 brake lights. It's quite often I'm behind someone where 2 out of those 3 are burned out. When was the last time you checked to see if your brake lights worked? (helpful tip: if you want to check them and you're by yourself, just back up to the window of a store and you can see your brake lights in the rearview).

/end rant.

Last edited by S-FLY; 05-08-2016 at 12:29 PM.

My Ride
    Silverado, G37x

I'm always so paranoid of having a brake light burnt out. I probably check them at least twice a month

You're the exception. My old IS300 had a light that illuminated to tell you if one of the rear lights were out. I wish every car had this.

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Adding an LED bar does wonders for the high beam flash response time

My Ride
    3.0L Of pure turbocharged testosterone

Im sick of people not knowing what daytime running lights and actual head lights are.

My Ride
    G37X

It's even funnier when you give them a cycle of on off flashes to turn the lights on and they just mat it to escape And yes on DRL vs head lights haha

My Ride
    2018 Civic Si coupe

Originally posted by S-FLY
    My old IS300 had a light that illuminated to tell you if one of the rear lights were out.
    What happens when that light burns out

I'm still amazed how many lights are wired up wrong, I've seen many where the brake light is on in one marker UNLESS the brakes are applied, then the rest light up and the odd ball goes out. I've seen a couple wired up so the reverse lights come on too when braking which scares the crap out of me when I'm right behind them You just know there's a hack job in the wiring in there somewhere

Originally posted by Brent.ff
    Adding an LED bar does wonders for the high beam flash response time

Originally posted by Swank

I'm still amazed how many lights are wired up wrong, I've seen many where the brake light is on in one marker UNLESS the brakes are applied, then the rest light up and the odd ball goes out. I've seen a couple wired up so the reverse lights come on too when braking which scares the crap out of me when I'm right behind them You just know there's a hack job in the wiring in there somewhere
    When that light burns out, you basically just set the car on fire.

My Ride
    Pushbroom

Originally posted by S-FLY

When that light burns out, you basically just set the car on fire.
    Won't that turn on the light that tells you when the car is on fire?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Originally posted by Swank

Some of those two filament bulbs can be installed backwards, and that creates the exact scenario you describe.
    Wiring can be fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Super Car(s)

wow your so right OP! and I've also noticed this, especially lately. and almost always asian too.

so I dont blink flash em anymore. done with that. for the past month or so, if I see you with your high beams in my on coming traffic I will turn mine on, and aim em (my BMW has aimers when turning the wheel) directly at em. believe it or not, I've had people immediately turn theirs off. weird right? almost as if they realize their a fucking shit bag instantly.

then again my high beams are seriously blinding.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Originally posted by InRich
    my high beams are seriously blinding.
    My squinty Asian eyes are immune to your high beams

My Ride
    Super Car(s)

^bahahaha! that made my morning, lol! nicely done

Do you know for sure they're high beams? I've noticed some car's low beams are as bright as other cars' high beams, and also if it's a truck or SUV that happens to be right in line with your eyes, it can look way brighter than it would be normally. In my last S4, people would flash me all the time thinking I had my high beams on, and I didn't, so there wasn't much I could do haha. I could flash them my actual high beams to show them, but that would be even more dangerous.

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

The fact is simply that since cars are so automated and mind numbing now and you don't have to remember to do something like turn on your actual lights people don't care.

Cars to most people are just an item to get from point A to point B and anything outside of that.. oh well.

I saw a guy pull over yesterday as his car was making such a horrendous noise it sound like it run low or out of oil and it was clattering away so bad.

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
    Do you know for sure they're high beams? I've noticed some car's low beams are as bright as other cars' high beams, and also if it's a truck or SUV that happens to be right in line with your eyes, it can look way brighter than it would be normally. In my last S4, people would flash me all the time thinking I had my high beams on, and I didn't, so there wasn't much I could do haha. I could flash them my actual high beams to show them, but that would be even more dangerous.
    This. I rented a Ford edge to take to BC a few weeks ago and driving at night around calgary the night I picked it up I had multiple people high beaming me to tell me my brights were on. Anytime I rent a car I pull over somewhere to test functions including high beams and sure enough the lows were just super bright. Was really annoying driving down dark roads with high beams flashing at me.

My GF's grand cherokee came with auto high beams that would adjust between low and hi as needed. That was really irritating cause anytime you were on a residential road they would flip to hi beam blinding people. That got turned off on the first night of owning it.

My Ride
    Born in Stuttgart

I get flashed all the time. I have the upgraded lights in my benz with the active light assist... Its bright without the high beams on and light of god with them.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

I think most of the time the brake lights aren't on because the driver didn't turn them on or mistake DRLs for night lights. Which is a major pet peeve of mine because that makes the car so difficult to see at night.

I drove a buddy's truck home one night, so I turn on his lights and he says "Those are the high-beams".

I respond "No. These are your high beams" as I click them on. "These are your headlights and these are your day running lights."

His mind was blown.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    '05 Saabaru 9-2X

Originally posted by sexualbanana
    I drove a buddy's truck home one night, so I turn on his lights and he says "Those are the high-beams".

I respond "No. These are your high beams" as I click them on. "These are your headlights and these are your day running lights."

His mind was blown.
    Instant license revocation on the spot and fifty days in the gulag.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast