Quantcast
Asshole neighbour door dinged my car, H&R? Vandalism? - Page 5 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5
Results 81 to 89 of 89

Thread: Asshole neighbour door dinged my car, H&R? Vandalism?

  1. #81
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    935
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally posted by Thaco
    so i took the high road, and it went better than expected.

    Went over and gave them the quote, and then told them, it wasnt about the money, it was about the principle....

    They were very receptive, very apologetic, seemed genuine, and even went out and bought a nice flower and a $100 GC for us as an apology/thanks.

    I'm satisfied, i think they learned from it, and i get a nice meal, and i don't have to stress about my cars or property being fucked up.... at least not by them.
    you have to admit that was the absolute best case scenario and you got it. Could you imagine if you went dick mode and went straight through insurance.

  2. #82
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    1917 Model T, VW Baja, '18 Ram 2500 CTD/6spd
    Posts
    655
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Originally posted by Rocket1k78


    you have to admit that was the absolute best case scenario and you got it. Could you imagine if you went dick mode and went straight through insurance.
    Getting flowers and a $100 GC to get out of paying for a $650 repair is the absolute best case scenario? I could be reading it wrong, but it didn't sound like OP is getting the car fixed on top of that.

  3. #83
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    SE Calgary
    My Ride
    Silverado, G37x
    Posts
    1,419
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally posted by carson blocks


    Getting flowers and a $100 GC to get out of paying for a $650 repair is the absolute best case scenario? I could be reading it wrong, but it didn't sound like OP is getting the car fixed on top of that.
    Didn't sound like he wanted to ever get it fixed, was just appalled by the lack of respect

  4. #84
    Thaco's Avatar
    Thaco is offline sucks off little boys (ya, don't fuck with rage2 bitch!!!)
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Rage2
    Posts
    3,786
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Originally posted by btimbit


    Didn't sound like he wanted to ever get it fixed, was just appalled by the lack of respect
    +1
    User title molested by Rage2.

    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's not the size that matters, it's the taste it leaves in your mouth.

    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

  5. #85
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    935
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally posted by carson blocks


    Getting flowers and a $100 GC to get out of paying for a $650 repair is the absolute best case scenario? I could be reading it wrong, but it didn't sound like OP is getting the car fixed on top of that.
    Its about RESPEK Thaco already said he wasnt too worried about the repair since it was an older car. From the start it sounded like he just wanted some acknowledgement from them that they caused damage and it looks like he got it so for him that was the best case. Now y'all finished or y'all done

  6. #86
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Moo Town
    My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~
    Posts
    746
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Of course it went better than expected.

    You saved them $550 bucks lol.

  7. #87
    Thaco's Avatar
    Thaco is offline sucks off little boys (ya, don't fuck with rage2 bitch!!!)
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Rage2
    Posts
    3,786
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Originally posted by rx7boi
    Of course it went better than expected.

    You saved them $550 bucks lol.
    not really, it could have been PDR'd for a couple hundred at worst. I see it as an investment because if they stayed pissed, i'm sure they'd have cost me a lot more than the $650 and i wouldn't have been so lucky as to catch them next time. and they may have caused damage to something i actually cared about.
    User title molested by Rage2.

    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's not the size that matters, it's the taste it leaves in your mouth.

    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

  8. #88
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Calgary AB
    My Ride
    TL SHAWD,Camaro SS
    Posts
    2,969
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally posted by Thaco
    so i took the high road, and it went better than expected.

    Went over and gave them the quote, and then told them, it wasnt about the money, it was about the principle....

    They were very receptive, very apologetic, seemed genuine, and even went out and bought a nice flower and a $100 GC for us as an apology/thanks.

    I'm satisfied, i think they learned from it, and i get a nice meal, and i don't have to stress about my cars or property being fucked up.... at least not by them.
    Well done

  9. #89
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Reality
    My Ride
    Is fun!
    Posts
    483
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    or.....just maybe they saw this thread and didn't want to incur the wrath of beyond

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5

Similar Threads

  1. What to do? door ding by parkade neighbour.

    By guessboi in forum General Car/Bike Talk
    Replies: 18
    Latest Threads: 08-25-2008, 10:11 PM
  2. RHD car Theft, fire, and vandalism INSURANCE coverage

    By randedge in forum General Car/Bike Talk
    Replies: 6
    Latest Threads: 09-27-2007, 04:26 PM
  3. RANT/Ques: Car dinged/dented at parking lot

    By spiceboy in forum General Car/Bike Talk
    Replies: 19
    Latest Threads: 04-11-2007, 09:38 AM
  4. Ordered a part from the US and got dinged UPS brokerage fees?

    By Forkster in forum General Car/Bike Talk
    Replies: 15
    Latest Threads: 11-18-2006, 09:35 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •