Quantcast
Possible Gas Shortages Coming? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Possible Gas Shortages Coming?

My Ride
    79 Country Squire 95 Deville 09 Jeep JK

Default Possible Gas Shortages Coming?

My insider source at 7-Eleven tells me that they were informed this afternoon that there will be no fuel deliveries for six weeks. And in the same vein the Airdre and Okotoks 7-Elevens are out of regular.
    I remember someone on Beyond foreshadowing this a few weeks back.
    Anyone else confirm?

My Ride
    2010 frontier pro-4x

I could see some shortages because of the unplanned shutdowns up north. However, I work at the largest refinery in Alberta and haven't heard of any shortages here in regards to output.

My Ride
    Trucks

7-11 purchased 148 Esso gas stations in Alberta and BC. I wonder if this purchase is somehow the reason for fuel delivery delays.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Haven't heard of any widespread shortages. I'm sure 7-11 buys fuel from multiple suppliers. If they are running out, others will be too.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    2009 G37X sedan, 2009 Murano

Right on time for the summer driving season just like clock work eh...

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Originally posted by JohnnyHockey
    Yep, this has happened before in the provincial energy markets as well.

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Front end refinery supply is usually ~2 weeks I believe. At least the refinery I'm familiar with is.

That said Alberta refineries along with the federated refinery in Regina (which is in turn around right now anyway) take supply from the oil sands.

Until upstream is restored we could very well see shortages. I'm going to fill up all the vehicles today.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    Boring. And a motorcycle.

Albian (Shell) is producing. When our pipeline to Scotford was threatened by the fire, it was shut down for a bit and our refinery came pretty close to running out but the mines got back up in time to continue feeding. Since then, we've been hitting good production numbers.

Not sure about Suncor's situation though, and I'd heard that when Syncrude evacuated, they did the equivalent of hitting the big red button and will have issues starting back up.
    The Ex: 2002 Subaru 2.5RSTi w/ JDM V7 STI Swap, JDM 6-Speed Trans, Dom 1.5XTR, ST Coilovers
    The Ride: 2014 Ducati Multistrada S, Tuneboy w/ CC
    Daily: Boring Volvo.

My Ride

Originally posted by zaider
    Albian (Shell) is producing. When our pipeline to Scotford was threatened by the fire, it was shut down for a bit and our refinery came pretty close to running out but the mines got back up in time to continue feeding. Since then, we've been hitting good production numbers.

Not sure about Suncor's situation though, and I'd heard that when Syncrude evacuated, they did the equivalent of hitting the big red button and will have issues starting back up.
    Syncrude as I've heard also was fully shutdown. Yeah that's troublesome.

Albian isn't up to full rate yet if my source is correct.

If scottford came close is there any other way to bring in front end? I know our local refining is amazingly dependant on the sands.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride

Originally posted by Darkane

Front end refinery supply is usually ~2 weeks I believe. At least the refinery I'm familiar with is.

That said Alberta refineries along with the federated refinery in Regina (which is in turn around right now anyway) take supply from the oil sands.

Until upstream is restored we could very well see shortages. I'm going to fill up all the vehicles today.
    Ya don't really care what the reasons are. .summer's coming and we're going to get fucked by gas companies either way. ..so basically what you're saying is they're going to gouge us double now?

My Ride
    Axis powers

Good thing Quebec buys from the Middle East
    Sig nuked by mod.

Originally posted by adam c
    Good thing Quebec buys from the Middle East
    So does the East coast. Both fuckers need to be tuned in.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Ya don't really care what the reasons are. .summer's coming and we're going to get fucked by gas companies either way. ..so basically what you're saying is they're going to gouge us double now?
    John, is everyone out to get you?

My Ride

Dude, a force majeure just displaced 90,000 people and completely turned their lives upside down and you're complaining about gas companies fucking us?

Give your head a shake.

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride

Originally posted by ExtraSlow
    John, is everyone out to get you?
    Just gas companies and car dealerships lol oh, and lotteries.

My Ride
    Boring. And a motorcycle.

Originally posted by Darkane

Syncrude as I've heard also was fully shutdown. Yeah that's troublesome.

Albian isn't up to full rate yet if my source is correct.

If scottford came close is there any other way to bring in front end? I know our local refining is amazingly dependant on the sands.
    Nothing holding up Scottford from the mine side of things... both Muskeg River Mine and Jackpine Mine are producing at full capacity despite not having the full workforce back yet. For most of my set last week, we were at around 300kbbl/day.

Scottford does some CoPro, but there's a limit to how much they can bring in.
    The Ex: 2002 Subaru 2.5RSTi w/ JDM V7 STI Swap, JDM 6-Speed Trans, Dom 1.5XTR, ST Coilovers
    The Ride: 2014 Ducati Multistrada S, Tuneboy w/ CC
    Daily: Boring Volvo.

My Ride

Originally posted by zaider

Nothing holding up Scottford from the mine side of things... both Muskeg River Mine and Jackpine Mine are producing at full capacity despite not having the full workforce back yet. For most of my set last week, we were at around 300kbbl/day.

Scottford does some CoPro, but there's a limit to how much they can bring in.
    Thanks for the info

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    2011 Ralliart SB

Petro can in Marda Loop was out of gas at all pumps today. Had a sign on the door, but it was super long and didnt have time to read it. Im assuming they are seeing some shortages in ready to sell fuel.

My Ride

Originally posted by colsankey
    Petro can in Marda Loop was out of gas at all pumps today. Had a sign on the door, but it was super long and didnt have time to read it. Im assuming they are seeing some shortages in ready to sell fuel.
    No time to read it

Petro makes sense as its refinery is fed by the Suncore mines.

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    2011 Ralliart SB

I didnt need gas, just washer fluid, and i was late for a party.

The page was a 8.5x11 wall of text.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast