Quantcast
Best dual channel dashcam? - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Best dual channel dashcam?

My Ride
    2020 Tacoma DCSB

Quote Originally Posted by Little Dragon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I might need help, installing a rear one on the 3rd gen Rav4 with the swing out rear door. Trying to figure out the best way to wire this as I think the wire might get snagged easily with how far that rear door opens out.
    Oooh that might be a PITA I forgot some open sideways LOL.. upwards opening is much easier and you just add like 6" extra slack in the wire. Swing opening door.. you might be able to run the wire along the top of the window there and have just enough slack at the hinge, secure the wires there with clips so they can't get pinched maybe. I'd run it that way, so across the window (might not be anywhere to hide it but possible in the crevice of the window and the panels) then some wire might be exposed there, down the side of the door and the hinge.

OR you can go all out and be like Benyl, remove all your panels, run the wire through the OEM looms and grommets in the door hinges, I don't think I could help on that method hahaha that's gonna be alot of work.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Quote Originally Posted by D'z Nutz View Post
    Is that how dual channels work? Why did I think the signal was transmitted wirelessly? If that's the case, I'll just buy two single channels then.
    Mine is wired from back to front. Some advantages:
    -It records on to the same card, so I can hit save and it saves both videos.
    -Records the same time intervals so they sync. I believe there's a way to put them into a side-by-side but I haven't used it
    -I also use the live view as a backup cam since I don't have a factory one

My Ride
    E46

Quote Originally Posted by Kijho View Post
    Oooh that might be a PITA I forgot some open sideways LOL.. upwards opening is much easier and you just add like 6" extra slack in the wire. Swing opening door.. you might be able to run the wire along the top of the window there and have just enough slack at the hinge, secure the wires there with clips so they can't get pinched maybe. I'd run it that way, so across the window (might not be anywhere to hide it but possible in the crevice of the window and the panels) then some wire might be exposed there, down the side of the door and the hinge.

OR you can go all out and be like Benyl, remove all your panels, run the wire through the OEM looms and grommets in the door hinges, I don't think I could help on that method hahaha that's gonna be alot of work.
    I like the clean installs so I might take apart the panels, might not be too bad....hopefully!

TL

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4