Quantcast
2017 kia sorrento and sales person help - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: 2017 kia sorrento and sales person help

My Ride
    2017 Nissan Morano/2018 Chevy Cruze/2001 Dodge2500

Default 2017 kia sorrento and sales person help

Good afternoon all

I am looking at test driving the new 2017 kia sorrento V6 this week. I'm hoping someone on here can refer me to a good sales person at either the Kia in the NW or NE. Both dealerships seem to have decent ratings on google, but obviously that is not always accurate.

On a side note I will be test driving a 2016 Highlander and 2016 Panthfinder this weekend. These are the three I have narrowed down to ones I would like.

My Ride
    teslo murdel free

If you're looking at Kia, why not a Hyundai Santa Fe? Go see Marleau Dixon at Crowfoot Hyundai!

My Ride

Originally posted by eglove
    If you're looking at Kia, why not a Hyundai Santa Fe? Go see Marleau Dixon at Crowfoot Hyundai!
    We have a Sante Fe Sport now and honestly I think the new Kia Sorrento looks better inside and out. Other than that though they are pretty much the same (that I know of)

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by eglove
    Nappa leather with top model and I prefer the European styling touches in the Kia.

My Ride

Originally posted by Xtrema

Nappa leather with top model and I prefer the European styling touches in the Kia.
    This was one of my things to check out. Is the Nappa leather that much better?

I dunno if the Nissan guy was BS'ing or not, but he said the Nissan Pathfinder has the same leather as the Infiniti's.

My 2013 Santa fe sport has ok leather, but really nothing to write home about and I find the seats very flat and meh.

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

Greg Lee at Southtrail Kia, let him know Ryan at VW referred you.
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

My Ride
    e92

pm'd

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by snoop101

This was one of my things to check out. Is the Nappa leather that much better?

I dunno if the Nissan guy was BS'ing or not, but he said the Nissan Pathfinder has the same leather as the Infiniti's.

My 2013 Santa fe sport has ok leather, but really nothing to write home about and I find the seats very flat and meh.
    Yes. Nappa leather + black out interior and you swear you are driving some German car. I think the interior is best in class (until I see CX-9 in person which has potential to look even better). But this observation was on the red interior which is not offered now.

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

No idea how it drives but last gen isn't that bad when I had one as a rental.

I never did a back to back comparison of Pathfinder and QX60, but that SUV has plenty of horror stories about the CVT and other issues in general. But I think just refreshed (mmc) QX60 looks quite nice.

Murano is better than Pathfinder for interior. I would do Murano over Pathfinder unless you need 7 seats.

Speaking of which, if you don't mind a first year model, see if you can test the new CX-9. It should be reaching dealers soon. The tech is interesting and interior looks great. And if it's any good as CX-5, it could be the best handling SUV in the class with 7 seats. But the nappa leather + rosewood trim is north of $50K.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 06-01-2016 at 08:13 PM.

Pathfinder does not have the same leather as the Infiniti. I sat in both back to back 2 years ago and the Infiniti seats are way more comfortable / softer leather.

Also - good point about looking at a Murano - However I don't know know why they lose value so fast (faster than a pathfinder anyway)

My Ride

Originally posted by Xtrema

Yes. Nappa leather + black out interior and you swear you are driving some German car. I think the interior is best in class (until I see CX-9 in person which has potential to look even better). But this observation was on the red interior which is not offered now.

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

No idea how it drives but last gen isn't that bad when I had one as a rental.

I never did a back to back comparison of Pathfinder and QX60, but that SUV has plenty of horror stories about the CVT and other issues in general. But I think just refreshed (mmc) QX60 looks quite nice.

Murano is better than Pathfinder for interior. I would do Murano over Pathfinder unless you need 7 seats.

Speaking of which, if you don't mind a first year model, see if you can test the new CX-9. It should be reaching dealers soon. The tech is interesting and interior looks great. And if it's any good as CX-5, it could be the best handling SUV in the class with 7 seats. But the nappa leather + rosewood trim is north of $50K.
    Thanks for the info.

The main reason we are updating to a newer SUV is that the wife wants to tow a trailer. All the new 6 cylinder models (with some exceptions) can pull up to 5000 lbs. Wife wants to look at a 19 foot trailer which is around the 3500 mark roughly. I know I need to take in to count the hitch weight and all.

I believe the new Mazda is only 3500 lbs which is the same as my Santa Fe.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Thanks for the info.

The main reason we are updating to a newer SUV is that the wife wants to tow a trailer. All the new 6 cylinder models (with some exceptions) can pull up to 5000 lbs. Wife wants to look at a 19 foot trailer which is around the 3500 mark roughly. I know I need to take in to count the hitch weight and all.

I believe the new Mazda is only 3500 lbs which is the same as my Santa Fe.
    Call me old fashion, I don't think I want CVT for towing duties.

My Ride
    TECHART & Misha Design

Just my $0.02

You will hate towing, even a dry 3500 lbs trailer, with any of those vehicles listed. Go to any campground and see how many 19ft hard walled camping trailers are being hauled by V6's. This was the prime reason I upgraded my Honda Pilot to a Nissan Armada.

Unless you're only planning to haul your trailer east of Calgary.

P.

My Ride

Originally posted by Paul
    Just my $0.02

You will hate towing, even a dry 3500 lbs trailer, with any of those vehicles listed. Go to any campground and see how many 19ft hard walled camping trailers are being hauled by V6's. This was the prime reason I upgraded my Honda Pilot to a Nissan Armada.

Unless you're only planning to haul your trailer east of Calgary.

P.
    The one trailer we looked at was around 3200 lbs dry. I know though its not going haul ass up the mountains, but I think we should be ok.

gas millage is another story, but will have to deal with it.

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

3200 lbs dry trailer is 4500 lbs loaded, easily. While yes that's "technically" within spec, take it from someone who learned the hard way, don't get that close to your limit, especially in something with a soft back end like an SUV. Either up your tow capacity or drop your trailer weight. My rule of thumb is that I don't want to be within 20% of my tow rating when loaded. It's one thing if you're going to go 45 minutes down a flat highway but in our part of the world you're either working into the mountains or you're hitting some nasty winds going South or East.

Since you'll have to live with the vehicle 365 days a year but the trailer only a few weeks (give or take), I suggest going smaller / lighter on the trailer.
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

My Ride
    Non Baller Vehicles

towing anything like that weight with a V6 SUV isn't just slow and thirsty, it's uncomfortable and feels sketchy as hell

the phrase 'tail wagging the dog' springs to mind

My Ride
    Silverado

If you get a cvt make sure it has an oil cooler

My Ride

Originally posted by Masked Bandit
    3200 lbs dry trailer is 4500 lbs loaded, easily. While yes that's "technically" within spec, take it from someone who learned the hard way, don't get that close to your limit, especially in something with a soft back end like an SUV. Either up your tow capacity or drop your trailer weight. My rule of thumb is that I don't want to be within 20% of my tow rating when loaded. It's one thing if you're going to go 45 minutes down a flat highway but in our part of the world you're either working into the mountains or you're hitting some nasty winds going South or East.

Since you'll have to live with the vehicle 365 days a year but the trailer only a few weeks (give or take), I suggest going smaller / lighter on the trailer.
    I think you are right in this. Wife wants to travel to California in Sept and having something close to the limit might get scary. I been looking at coachmans and we can get one with a decent amount of room with around 2800 lbs dry weight.

I am curious how a 3200 lbs trailer can reach 4500 lbs. Seems like a lot of weight added. Ok so while writing this I looked and it seems as if water is the main weight adder. If traveling to a campground could you not travel with just enough water to use and then fill up at the campground?

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

I think you are right in this. Wife wants to travel to California in Sept and having something close to the limit might get scary. I been looking at coachmans and we can get one with a decent amount of room with around 2800 lbs dry weight.

I am curious how a 3200 lbs trailer can reach 4500 lbs. Seems like a lot of weight added. Ok so while writing this I looked and it seems as if water is the main weight adder. If traveling to a campground could you not travel with just enough water to use and then fill up at the campground?
    Water is definitely heavy but most people travel with little to no water on board (unless your destination doesn't have water). It's all the other crap like food & beverages (beer's heavy man...lol), clothing, bedding and endless amounts of other random junk that fill the cupboards & storage areas. That stuff all adds up.
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

pretty sure the santa fe XL is rated for 5000lbs they are the v6 and 3rd row seating.