Quantcast
Looks like the Shaw boys need another mansion (Rate Hike) - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Looks like the Shaw boys need another mansion (Rate Hike)

I've got the old Rogers $60 6GB plan as well. They raised the price on the add on with the caller ID, etc. recently so my bill is around $73.xx with tax/month now.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Originally posted by J.M.
    I've got the old Rogers $60 6GB plan as well. They raised the price on the add on with the caller ID, etc. recently so my bill is around $73.xx with tax/month now.
    I have the $30 6GB plan teeheehee.

Originally posted by FraserB

What are your calling/texting options? I pay the same, but get 6gb of data
    I guess the thread got derailed with the cellphone plan talk.. but who are you with to get this?

I recently called Rogers and suggested that Fido was offering me 2gb, unlimited call and text, and was only able to get the same plan for 65$.

I know of the grandfathered in rogers plan, is yours the same?

Originally posted by flipstah

HOw!?!1

My Ride
    Bmw and ford

I got a unlimited national talk/text 3 gb data for $56

Cell phone plans certainly have not been staying steady... They have gone up quite a bit the past few years. Yes I know some people have grandfathered plans but I am talking new customers/renewing contracts. 6 years ago when the iPhone 4 came out, you could get a 6gb plan for $60 pretty easily. Now a 6gb plan is at least $100

I'm still grandfathered on 250 as well - I know that grandfathered 100 plan is far cheaper than the 120, and that they cut the upload of the grandfathered 100 to the same as the 120 (dropped about 33%), but they also increased the grandfathered 100 to about 115 to 120 at our vacation home. Weird huh.

I hope they don't gank my 250 - if they do, hello back to Sasktel 260, which has no bandwidth cap and is 130$ a month before any bundle discount even.

My Ride
    2011 Ralliart SB

I pay $102 for broadband 100, and its going up $3, currently BB120 is $120, all the price hikes are hitting the grand fathered plans too.

Hrrrm. Well, 3 bucks is 3 bucks. Not surprising. If it gets a lot worse though - in SK here now the Sasktel Infinet has no bwidth cap, and my neighbor regularly has about 2tb down and 1 up and they haven't said shit to him yet in a year, and it has superior ping times to gaming servers N.A. wide to Shaw here. That said, I've been pleasantly surprised with Shaw's 100 and 250 service here - compared to back in say, 1997 to 2002 when I had Shaw/@home in 5 different Calgary locations, where it was all oversold and frankly bullshit between 5pm and 11pm and the entire weekend - they are a much different service experience now than that crap.

I'm not sure if I should feel blessed or screwed - I have friends I fly online sims with from Northern Euro countries, Japan as well, that pay a fraction of what I(we) do for much faster service, where as a lot of my American friends pay far more than us, and get FAR crappier service. It is what it is I guess.

The local tech comes out at least once a month for Shaw for us as my mother has stage 4 lymphoma right now and is non ambulatory with time on her hands, and is staying with us, the entire purpose of me being in SK right now, and her idea of self entertainment is to call Shaw and complain about every single pixelization incident that happens - there is a legit issue, but she goes overboard with it, but there is no point in scolding or stopping her at this point - anyhow the tech keeps me pretty up to date with local Shaw plans, and he told me that shortly here they are bringing out a plan to replace the grandfathered 250 which is no longer available here, and it'll be an even faster service, to compete with Sasktel's 260. I'm waiting for that to occur before I make any decision to switch.

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Originally posted by flipstah

Same here. With Fido

Paying $53 every month. They call me every few months trying to get me to sign a new contract but what they offer aint close to this grandfathered plan so I'll stay month to month.
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    Exploded.

They offered me an iPhone 6s for $99 to switch, but I save so much cash on this plan.

Also, grandfathered plans don't change if you keep paying.

Has anyone found a decent shaw replacement that's actually worthwhile in Calgary?

I tried Telus and it was terrible, though it was the "bonded" connection. Fibre connection may be different but not available in my area.

Too bad we don't have Sasktel lol some competition would be good

My Ride
    Grimace

^^^I think vmedia and teksavvy are shaw resellers.

My Ride
    FJR1300/2018 Giant Trance 3

Last edited by codetrap; 12-31-2016 at 01:00 PM.

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

My Ride
    Super Car(s)

Im getting real sick of seeing those fucking robot Shaw TV commercials every 10 fucking minutes, and now they want more money. They need some competition, and i'm way too scared to switch to telus.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Originally posted by InRich
    Im getting real sick of seeing those fucking robot Shaw TV commercials every 10 fucking minutes, and now they want more money. They need some competition, and i'm way too scared to switch to telus.
    Your last term definitely contradicts what you want. Telus is competition lol.

It's not Shaw's fault you think Telus sucks.

Originally posted by codetrap
    $75/month for Telus Optik 50 plus 7 theme packs. Had it for a year now. When it expires, I'll move back to shaw and get 6 months of cheap service from them. When that expires, back to telus.

Still have my SKMB plan on Koodo. $50/month.
    Shaw told me once there is a system in place to prevent bouncing between promos - not sure if there is any truth to that or not, or if when it comes down to it they just don't care haha.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2