Quantcast
Review: iShield Glass (Screen Protector) - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Review: iShield Glass (Screen Protector)

My Ride
    Miss Daisy

Default Review: iShield Glass (Screen Protector)

When I purchased my latest phone some 6 months ago at Telephone Booth, the sales associate tried to convince me to buy a $35 screen protector. I was a hesitant since I used to buy them from eBay or Winners for <$10.

This one is different, he had said. It's a "revolution in screen protection" is how he put it. What's more, he continued, is they guaranteed that if I bought it and let them apply it, they guaranteed my phone against screen breakage. I can usually tell a good sales pitch from the real deal but this guy didn't come off like Vince from Slap Chop, he actually seemed convince that this was the greatest thing ever.

Considering that I went through 3 screens on my last iPhone, I didn't feel I had much to lose for my $35 investment.

Before I get to the pictures, I'll tell you the pitch behind these things. Instead of being manufactured from plastic, like most run-of-the-mill screen protectors, the iShield is made from tempered glass so when the phone receives an impact, the iShield absorbs the shock instead of the screen. So does it work?

My phone takes quite a bit of abuse so after at least 4 solid drops and what appeared to me without a doubt to be a shattered screen, I returned to TBooth doubtful that they would actually honour the guarantee. He takes an exacto knife and slowly begins to pry the screen protector off my phone revealing a flawless virgin screen below. Needless to say, I couldn't give him another $35 fast enough for a new iShield.

Props to Armin @ TBooth Market Mall. He didn't even flinch when I brought in my "shattered" phone. At no point did he even ask for any details about the purchase or a receipt to look it up. He just got down to work and had a new one installed in a couple of minutes. Being in retail myself, I can appreciate no-nonsense service. Just in-and-out in minutes with no questions asked. I returned a few days later to ask the Croatian Sensation about a few different plan options and he was very well versed in all the different carrier offerings. Armin, TBooth, and iShield all get my seal of approval!

www.industrialelements.ca

=====> Facebook - Like our page for promos, inventory, and shipment updates

=====> Instagram

I had a glass screen protector on my S5. One day I had mistakenly put my phone in the same pocket as my keys, and later in the day I realized the screen had been damaged by the keys. I thought I'd have to get a new screen for the phone.

Then I remembered that I had the screen protector on it so I thought I'd try removing it to see the damage below. The screen was in pristine condition!

I'm sold on glass screen protectors and I always get them for any new phone I purchase.

That being said, what you get from local shops is pretty expensive. Ebay has them for much much cheaper. May not be the same brand, but they're practically the same quality.

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Originally posted by Hero_X
    I had a glass screen protector on my S5. One day I had mistakenly put my phone in the same pocket as my keys, and later in the day I realized the screen had been damaged by the keys. I thought I'd have to get a new screen for the phone.

Then I remembered that I had the screen protector on it so I thought I'd try removing it to see the damage below. The screen was in pristine condition!

I'm sold on glass screen protectors and I always get them for any new phone I purchase.

That being said, what you get from local shops is pretty expensive. Ebay has them for much much cheaper. May not be the same brand, but they're practically the same quality.

True that. Tempered glass screen protectors are the shit. $5-8 shipped from Ebay China. But whenever I install, no matter how careful I am, I always manage to find a hair imperfection underneath after. Damn it
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go &quot;uh huh...&quot; Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Yeah I've been sold on the tempered glass protectors for a while and put them on everything now, even my camera LCDs. Not just for the protection, but it stays glossy and feels better than the crappy plastic screen protectors that fade over time.

My Ride
    Eclipse

A++++++++ X 1000 for them.

I've purchased them for my phones online and my parents phones.. around $5 shipped online from ebay I have a few for each phone.

Highly recommended.. they are expensive here, and work well, we tried 2 drill a hole in 1 of them to see if possible, no luck They are super strong..
    Originally posted by beemerm3
    so if we only seen 5 % of the oceans why not drain them or somethin lol or can u even transfer water from one ocean to another??? think of all the stuff u'd find treasures n eerything.