Quantcast
Nobody cares about brexit? - Page 11 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Nobody cares about brexit?

My Ride
    Parked in the Bike Lane

One of the main "exports" of Britain is the quaint, folksy "small rural village" theme to tourists. Suspect less immigration actually helps this, on top of any currency changes.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by SKR

You'd make a stronger argument if you compared it to the US Civil War, I think. I think the economy/immigration angle compares a lot better to state's rights/slavery. It seems like a reach to compare Brexit to Hitler. But what do I know. It's not my country, and not my business.
    There are definitely same elements at play in the rise of Hitler/Nazi, UKIP and Trump.

History is also decided on the Nazi, the other 2 is waiting to be seen. But history has always has a way to repeat itself as we learnt nothing.

Originally posted by ExtraSlow
    On a purely selfish level, Brexit probably helps me, since I travel occasionally to UK, and a devaluation in their currency makes those trips cheaper.
    Only in short term. Just like US was cheap in 2009-2011 after the crash. Then inflation adjusted most prices as there buying power weakens.

I don't think UK will hold out that long as there trade deficit is huge and EU can really screw them up it they can't keep most of those free trade in place.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 06-25-2016 at 11:04 AM.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Quote from a friend from the UK

A Prime Minister resigned. The £ plummeted. The FTSE 100 lost significant ground. But then the £ rallied past February levels, and the FTSE closed on a weekly high: 2.4% up on last Friday, its best performance in 4 months.

President Obama decided we wouldn't be at the 'back of the queue' after all and that our 'special relationship' was still strong. The French President confirmed the Le Touquet agreement would stay in place. The President of the European Commission stated Brexit negations would be 'orderly' and stressed the UK would continue to be a 'close partner' of the EU. A big bank denied reports it would shift 2,000 staff overseas. The CBI, vehemently anti-Brexit during the referendum campaign, stated British business was resilient and would adapt. Several countries outside the EU stated they wished to begin bi-lateral trade talks with the UK immediately.

If this was the predicted apocalypse, well, it was a very British one. It was all over by teatime. Not a bad first day of freedom.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by revelations
    Quote from a friend from the UK

Wait to be seen.

At best it trigger talks and if in principle, if UK get all the benefit of EU membership and none of the restrains, then other members will do the same and its the end of EU.

I think EU will do something drastic to prevent the next exit. We will find out what that is in the next 2 years.

In a world economy that is slow down, this isn't good news at all.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Time to go to Europ- oh.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Originally posted by flipstah
    Time to go to Europ- oh.
    Why not? Nothing has changed at this point.

My Ride
    Exploded.

I feel like being Filipino will get me judged.

Edit: thought main reason to exit was because of immigration, so clearly minorities are going to be sticking out like sore thumbs.
    Last edited by flipstah; 06-25-2016 at 11:44 AM.

My Ride
    Super Car(s)

^ number one newborn name in England is Mohammed. That really does tell you something...

they needed an exit. They can't just sit there, and let crazy Merkel's open board policies destroy their country.

I mean seriously. Their taking in millions of these trash immigrants, which do nothing but leech off the system for the rest of their lives, create fucking no go zone's (ghettos FFS!!!) in their own country! I mean its crazy!!! No go zones!!! seriously. look it up. You can't walk in some area's of your own city cause your at risk of getting attacked by muzzies. Its nutz. Its time for open board leftest fucking policy to get right the fuck out.

Trudeau offered citizenship back to a convicted fucking muzzie just the other day. I mean isn't that insane? Am I the only one that thinks thats a fucking tragedy?
    http://www.winnipegsun.com/2016/06/2...niOTU.facebook

This shit needs to stop, and it needs to stop now. You can't keep importing third world trash into our first class countries, and expect everything to be fine and dandy. Your paying for this shit to happen too. piss me right off. I can't even talk about it anymore, cause it will ruin the rest of my day. im out

Cocoa $11,000 per ton.

Originally posted by HiTempguy1

Hasn't really helped the little guy.

The funny thing is that a lot of people in this thread argue FOR the EU because of HOW things developed over the last 30 years, not WHY they developed that way.

Its not like 100k bankers jobs are going to disappear overnight, unlike say in Alberta where that many jobs did in a year.

Hell, Britain could possibly have even MORE lucrative financial terms for businesses operating within. Truth is, you just don't know.

I'll ask again, for all those that wanted Britain to stay in the EU, would you give the USA defacto control of Canada if it meant a 5% salary bump, no border crossing, and a common currency? Could you imagine if that agreement included Mexico?

Because I bet you all can understand the incredible cluster-fuck that would be
    when did you become right wing? lol

I gotta agree allowing mass immigration is a huge mistake. It doesn't allow for cutural integration and long term it alienates your population from their own damn country. Allowing mass immigration from a region with a culture basically from the dark ages is going to set your country back a lot also.

Left wing hippies are going to be the death of freedom of thinking, expression, religious rights, and the 1st world societies we know now.

Originally posted by InRich
    ^ number one newborn name in England is Mohammed. That really does tell you something...

they needed an exit. They can't just sit there, and let crazy Merkel's open board policies destroy their country.

I mean seriously. Their taking in millions of these trash immigrants, which do nothing but leech off the system for the rest of their lives, create fucking no go zone's (ghettos FFS!!!) in their own country! I mean its crazy!!! No go zones!!! seriously. look it up. You can't walk in some area's of your own city cause your at risk of getting attacked by muzzies. Its nutz. Its time for open board leftest fucking policy to get right the fuck out.

Trudeau offered citizenship back to a convicted fucking muzzie just the other day. I mean isn't that insane? Am I the only one that thinks thats a fucking tragedy?

This shit needs to stop, and it needs to stop now. You can't keep importing third world trash into our first class countries, and expect everything to be fine and dandy. Your paying for this shit to happen too. piss me right off. I can't even talk about it anymore, cause it will ruin the rest of my day. im out
    This sounds ominously like the nazis in Germany - when they blamed one segment (usually immigrants or a visible minority) for the country's problem. Sociological problems are not simple, they are very complex with multiple variables contributing to the problem.

The above quote is just lazy thinking.

My Ride
    Skateboard

I hope no trash immigrant or any minority ever uses your services because you are such a biggot.

I was going to give you some business but fuck that.
    Last edited by G; 06-28-2016 at 05:00 PM.

My Ride
    General Motors Competizione

Originally posted by Xtrema

There are definitely same elements at play in the rise of Hitler/Nazi, UKIP and Trump.

History is also decided on the Nazi, the other 2 is waiting to be seen. But history has always has a way to repeat itself as we learnt nothing.
    Sounds good. Shoot me a PM when they start hunting minorities, building death camps and trying to take over Europe. Then I'll agree with you that it's like the Nazis.
    2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1981 GMC C1500 454

Originally posted by G
    hope no trash immigrant or any minority ever uses your services because you are such a biggot.

maybe his post is a bit extreme, but it's not without some aspects of fact.

It is true that refugees aren't exactly desirable for a country and provide little benefit to anyone currently living there, so it would be absolutely asinine to expect every single person in a country to cheer letting as many of them in as possible. There is also a definite cycle where refugees move in, and for the most part they are fine, but in 5-15 years when their kids start growing up there is a huge spike in gangs of that minority. There without a doubt will be people who will be murdered, raped, robbed, etc who wouldn't have been had you shut the border. There without a doubt will be integration problems of all types. It doesn't take very much knowledge to understand why that is either.

Here in alberta we have a crazy ratio of viet and somalian gang members in relation to all other races when compared against the total population of each group in alberta. You know what happened that saw those 2 groups come over right?

You also have the cultural aspect too that's a problem. There are huge issues in middle eastern culture that have no business being a part of western civilization. Rights we have evolved our nations to have clash with their culture. Views on women, religion, race, humanitarianism, etc are very much at odds between the two basic cultures.

IMO anyone who doesn't believe in the basic human rights we believe in should be shipped out or denied entry to our country. I'm also not a fan of letting swarms of refugees in no matter who they are; these people are the very people who needed to stay in their country and effect change. not flee it and let the wackos roll in to even more power.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Originally posted by zhao

It is true that refugees aren't exactly desirable for a country and provide little benefit to anyone currently living there, so it would be absolutely asinine to expect every single person in a country to cheer letting as many of them in as possible. There is also a definite cycle where refugees move in, and for the most part they are fine, but in 5-15 years when their kids start growing up there is a huge spike in gangs of that minority.
    Where did you get this information?
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    Exploded.

For somebody who had an Asian girlfriend, a Vietnamese granite expert, and a Black tilesetter, you're surprisingly racist.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

I'll just leave this here... ~10min mark is probably the most relevant for those with low attention spans

Originally posted by zhao
    It is true that refugees aren't exactly desirable for a country and provide little benefit to anyone currently living there
    Source for this "truth"?
    Originally posted by Arash Boodagh
    Before I start pwning all the members with my findings.
    Originally posted by Arash Boodagh
    Plus, is it true you can feed a pig elephant dong and it will still grow and build meat?
    Originally posted by Toma
    rx7_turbfoags best friend
    Toma the homophobe?

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=c73_1447348443

Heres another video of them complaining, and threatening to go back to their country because they don't have a TV, and their sick and tired of the free food, and they don't like their rooms, etc.

Let me share a true story about my life with you guys.

I am a refugee... My family immigrated from Czechoslovakia during Communism when I was 5 / 6 years old. My mom and dad risked EVERYTHING, LIFE IN PRISON and orphaning me and my little brother if caught. They left everything in our apartment, so that it wouldn't arise suspicion, and we left in the middle of the night. We took a train from Slovakia, into Hungary where we stayed for 1 and half years in a refugee camp. We never complained, we were so grateful for everything and anything. I remember receiving Christmas boxes from a guy dressed as Santa Clause. I remember thinking wow, Santa Clause remembered to bring me something this year. How grateful I was. I still have the lego set I received that year, I played with everyday for years, and it always brought such great memories. I still have it to this day!

My dad. Well he worked hard manual labor while we were there, because we were 1) waiting for refugee status to Canada, and 2) you had to pay your own way, so 4 tickets on an airplane, for us that was a ton of money. Meanwhile during the day, I would play with the other kids in the camp. My mom didn't want to learning Hungarian, because it might confuse me when I had to learn to speak English. I started school 2 years later then all the other kids, not knowing a word of English when we finally arrived in Canada. I tried so hard to keep up with all the kids, but I just couldn't. I was picked on and bullied because of this. But we integrated. And my parents work so hard, even to this day. I remember having to take care of my little brother because my parents worked well into the night everyday, no money for a baby sitter.

Today my parents still work hard. And I am so proud to be a Canadian, and I believe we live in the best country on earth. I've been poor, as poor as you can possibly imagine, believe me, we're talking food banks, 2nd hand clothing from thrift stores, driving cars we bought at pick a part for 400 bucks, I mean poor. But I worked hard out of high school. I remember working 12 hour days, hardcore filthy work most of you wouldn't do. I tried and tried to be the best I could be, because I was jealous. Everyone had such nice things, and I had nothing. So I worked as hard as I could so I could buy these things too. I never forget this today, and this little story is why I believe I'm so successful today.

But let me get to the point. These so called refugee's..... Their trash. Their garbage. They don't believe in working hard, their here to take, because the REST OF ALL OF US, worked so hard. Their not here to work, their not here to integrate into our society. Their here to take whatever they can, to sit at home, do nothing, smoke, socialize, and cause havoc for the rest of us hard working people. I'm fucking pissed off about it all. I cant even have a rational conversation in a restaurant with my buddy because I start to raise my voice and people start looking at me like I'm crazy. I don't want refugees here. I don't want radical Islam non sense around me. I don't wanna see burkas when I'm walking through the mall. I don't wanna learn to speak Arabic because these people don't bother learning English when their living here. its BULLSHIT. and I'm sick of it.

For Canada to air lift these people on my dime. btw 75% of these people are YOUNG MEN ages 21 - 32. Able bodied, strong, military aged men, who left their wives, their kids, their families because they wanna come over here for a free ride, rattles me to the core. SHAME ON YOU CANADA!
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    Left at 5pm

Originally posted by G
    hope no trash immigrant or any minority ever uses your services because you are such a biggot.

I wouldn't give him any business as a multi-generational Canadian either.

What a joke Richard Celovsky is; absolute goof. All he's able to do is spout hate...not even have a conversation or discuss facts... Simple, sad, and lazy; Richard Celovsky http://www.legacyexteriors.ca
    Originally posted by scat19
    I have a BMW so im not stupid.

Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 ... LastLast