Quantcast
Nobody cares about brexit? - Page 26 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 16 25 26 27 ... LastLast

Thread: Nobody cares about brexit?

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Also, I like the queen, so here's a picture of her lookin good.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to ExtraSlow again.

- - - Updated - - -

I hope they make a Brexit political drama. Gary Busey would make a fantastic Boris Johnson.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

And scarjo as the queen.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    is faster than yours

And scarjo as the queen.
    Then I'd definitely want to get naked with the queen!

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by never View Post
    Then I'd definitely want to get naked with the queen!
    I'll take the real one. Power is sexy baby.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by tonytiger55 View Post
    I doubt it.
    If the deal comes back to parliament. Im betting the opposition parties will vote it down regardless of how good it is.
    You called it.
    Name:  Screenshot_20191019-190414_Chrome.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  47.0 KB

The EU would be insane to approve any kind of delay.

The EU would be insane to approve any kind of delay.
    They're in a tough spot. Parliament won't agree on a deal, and the EU would still rather a deal than no deal, and not leaving is still the best option.

I'd have to think they'd make a delay contingent upon an election call or a second referendum based on the deals presented.

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

Quote Originally Posted by kertejud2 View Post
    They're in a tough spot. Parliament won't agree on a deal, and the EU would still rather a deal than no deal, and not leaving is still the best option.

I'd have to think they'd make a delay contingent upon an election call or a second referendum based on the deals presented.
    They are not in a tough spot. They give the huffle and puffle that its inconvenient. But its not. Thats all part of the politcal show for the media, cameras and public.

They are have always been the main marionettist in this entire saga. The UK buys more than it sells to them. The UK is one of their biggest customers. Europe stands to suffer as their voters, businesses lose a customer.
    So naturally why would they not extend this? Then they work though the UK opposition to frustrate and block the UK leaving.

The show BBC question time aired last Thursday. One audience member put it perfectly. Everyone wants power without the responsibility.
    The UK government has no power. Yet everyone blames them. They are held by the balls by various factions of the opposition which in turn are blindly influenced by Europe.
    They can't call a election as it has been blocked, they can't get a deal through as the main opposition will block any deal placed in front of it.

The queen is in her 90's. When she passes (nobody gets out alive). We are going to see the start of the breakup of the Union.

My Ride
    ute

They are not in a tough spot. They give the huffle and puffle that its inconvenient. But its not. Thats all part of the politcal show for the media, cameras and public.

They are have always been the main marionettist in this entire saga. The UK buys more than it sells to them. The UK is one of their biggest customers. Europe stands to suffer as their voters, businesses lose a customer.
    So naturally why would they not extend this? Then they work though the UK opposition to frustrate and block the UK leaving.

The show BBC question time aired last Thursday. One audience member put it perfectly. Everyone wants power without the responsibility.
    The UK government has no power. Yet everyone blames them. They are held by the balls by various factions of the opposition which in turn are blindly influenced by Europe.
    They can't call a election as it has been blocked, they can't get a deal through as the main opposition will block any deal placed in front of it.

The queen is in her 90's. When she passes (nobody gets out alive). We are going to see the start of the breakup of the Union.
    You know more than anyone on this topic, from what I can see, so we would all be smart to listen. You also tend to bring a balanced approach.

Fair warning: kert still thinks that trudeau didn't abuse the judicial branch with the executive branch, so be careful who you spend your time on

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    so be careful who you spend your time on
    Truth. I think she would be first in line to blow JT given half the chance.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

Fair warning: kert still thinks that trudeau didn't abuse the judicial branch with the executive branch, so be careful who you spend your time on
    I never said this. Didn't even imply it. I specifically agreed with it and corrected your notion that the separation was "destroyed" because you didn't know that the judicial branches initial recommendation was being followed through on.

My Ride
    ute

I never said this. Didn't even imply it. I specifically agreed with it and corrected your notion that the separation was "destroyed" because you didn't know that the judicial branches initial recommendation was being followed through on.
    The crossing of the rubicon was the attempt, not the success/failure.

"Ya, but it didn't work" is not a defense.

Your constant equivocating is obvious to anyone with half a brain.

Edit: we should take this to the appropriate thread.

So naturally why would they not extend this?
    Because at some point the threat of leaving is just as disruptive as actually leaving.

Then they work though the UK opposition to frustrate and block the UK leaving.

To use a British phrase: what a load of bollocks.

Want to talk responsibility: if you don't win a majority you're beholden to various factions of the opposition, that's the government's responisbility. May's government was propped up by the DUP. You can't call them blindly influenced by Europe with a straight face. Nobody who claims to know anything about the party could claim that. They're hilariously pro-Monarchist, call themselves British even though they don't live in Britain, would 'under no circumstances work with the Labor Party' and were all gung-ho for Brexit with one caveat: there can't be a backstop. That's it. That was their condition. Fulfill that responsibility to your coalition partner and the government had all the power they could want.

So what do they do? Offer up a deal with a backstop, they lost support of the DUP (who doesn't want to support anyone else) and then their own party started fracturing.

They can't call an election? Why? Because they passed a law that prevented the government from calling a snap election.

So they can't call an election because of their own legislation, and they can't get a deal through because they couldn't provide the one thing their non-European influenced coalition partner asked for. Power without responsibility indeed.

The crossing of the rubicon was the attempt, not the success/failure.

"Ya, but it didn't work" is not a defense.

Your constant equivocating is obvious to anyone with half a brain.

Edit: we should take this to the appropriate thread.
    No, you brought it here, own up to your crap.

You claimed Trudeau's success was worse than Trump's attempt. I pointed out it wasn't a success. You tried to pass that off as me saying something else. That's the end of it.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Well now we have a Trump vs Trudeau argument in the brexit thread.
    Name:  vif98.jpg
Views: 171
Size:  39.2 KB

My Ride
    ute

No, you brought it here, own up to your crap.

You claimed Trudeau's success was worse than Trump's attempt. I pointed out it wasn't a success. You tried to pass that off as me saying something else. That's the end of it.
    Well, to be fair, it was slightly on topic because I was pointing out to Tony that most of your discussion points elsewhere are pedantry or semantics or gibberish. I presume that its true in this thread, just like the others - but I don't follow this thread particularly closely.

pedantry or semantics or gibberish.
    In a thread about British politics? Never.

My Ride
    ute

In a thread about British politics? Never.
    lol, repped.

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

Because at some point the threat of leaving is just as disruptive as actually leaving.
    To use a British phrase: what a load of bollocks.

Want to talk responsibility: if you don't win a majority you're beholden to various factions of the opposition, that's the government's responisbility. May's government was propped up by the DUP. You can't call them blindly influenced by Europe with a straight face. Nobody who claims to know anything about the party could claim that. They're hilariously pro-Monarchist, call themselves British even though they don't live in Britain, would 'under no circumstances work with the Labor Party' and were all gung-ho for Brexit with one caveat: there can't be a backstop. That's it. That was their condition. Fulfill that responsibility to your coalition partner and the government had all the power they could want.

So what do they do? Offer up a deal with a backstop, they lost support of the DUP (who doesn't want to support anyone else) and then their own party started fracturing.

They can't call an election? Why? Because they passed a law that prevented the government from calling a snap election.

So they can't call an election because of their own legislation, and they can't get a deal through because they couldn't provide the one thing their non-European influenced coalition partner asked for. Power without responsibility indeed.
    I will use another British phrase. You are talking a load of wank.

They can't hold a election due to fixed term Parliaments act of 2011. I would not go far as saying it's their own legislation. That is incorrect. It was generally agreed by the Conservative-Liberal Democrat Coalition prior to Mays government. Even then, that was a different government.
    It was to bring stability for both sides. I think that act was flawed. It takes power away from the Queen to dissolve parliament.

None of the opposition parties want the responsibility of that position (being in government), but yet want the power. We are seeing a flaw in that act by the opposition parties manipulating it by not having a election but by forcing the Prime Minister to delay Brexit.
    The opposition has wanted a snap election. They have called for it. Yet when presented, they vote against it. Think about that for a moment.

Watch question time on youtube its a weekly BBC show. Its so blatant how the SNP is manipulating its own voters and the public but using key words. Its the same with Labour.

How dumb is the SNP? They want a second referendum in Scotland. Then it would be in their interest to support Brexit as it gives them a mandate ad a strong argument to have this and leave the Union. Yet they dont do that...? Hmm I wonder why. Well if they leave the UK, they can't join Europe. That takes time, they have to meet certain conditions.
    Not only that, Europe does not want Scotland to leave the UK. If they do that, it has massive implications for France (Basque region) and Spain (Catalonia) to leave.
    The SNP is fucked in that respect. But the Scots and remainers are too dumb to realise that. Then they allowe to be influenced by the EU. Hence they are doing everything they can to complain, complain and blame the government. Blox Brexit as it works in Europes favour.
    But yet they have all the power to create the conditions to leave the UK.

In respect to you my point and your answer being influenced by Europe. I was mainly aiming this at the Labour Party, Scottish National Party and the Liberal Democrats.
    My reasoning is, they have stated they would respect the result of the referendum, then they have done a 180. It was even in the Labour party manifesto. They would respect it. Yet their actions are the complete opposite.

The Liberal Democrats position is weird. They would have another referendum and if they lost they, they wold ignore it. Their sole purpose is to stop Brexit. People like yourselves don't understand the massive implication it has on the legislature. Our entire democratic system is based on respecting the vote. Even this was on question time. The Liberal democrats representative was asked that a few weeks back. Its hilarious.

If you dont respect the system your entire country functions on, it breaks down and the alternative is Civil War.

But since you mentioned the DUP, lets go that way.
    The DUP dont want a border. But you can't have your cake and eat it. This is where Europe manipulates their position into British politics. As I have written before, you cannot have a foreign power dictate what happens on your land. That was the backstop issue.

You clearly don't understand the concept of a Union. You just don't understand how a concept of a country works and how manipulations starts with small creeps of power being lost.
    Here is a alternative example.
    I liken the opposition parties to that of immature teenagers who live at home with their parents. They complain how great everything outsideis while getting free food and everything at home. So the parents tell them to leave if they dont like it. But the teenagers realise they can't afford to leave because in the real world they have to pay rent, work long hours, cook their own food and buy their own toilet paper. The outsiders seeing weakness in the home start to influence it buy the way of the teenagers as the family unit head has been weakened.
    So instead the teengaers stay at home, complain, take drugs from the outsiders, trash the house and totally break the family unit. While the disfunction goes on, the outsiders rub their hands with glee as they have their prime customer hooked to them.

None of the brexit-ers ever discuss the flip side of democracy where if you run on a policy and you fail, the public gets a chance to vote you out. People voted yes on brexit based on a bunch of promises that have not been delivered, so why should the vote be honoured? If we’re making stupidly simplistic analogies, then here’s one: the grand parents built a house in a good part of town and got a mortgage that heavily favoured them. The parents then decided they didn’t like that there were poor people around so they told the kids they were going to sell the house and get a mansion and get a mortgage that was even cheaper than before and there will be unicorns. When the time came to sign the papers it turned out they were just going to stay in the same house but dig a moat around it that made everything just slightly harder, the mortgage was now extended long past when the parents die, and also they’d push one of the kids into the most every day because fuck you Sally. When the kids started asking why the fuck would they do this stupid thing the parents called them useless assholes and kept trying to explain that decisions are forever and blatant lying has no consequences

I will use another British phrase. You are talking a load of wank.

They can't hold a election due to fixed term Parliaments act of 2011. I would not go far as saying it's their own legislation. That is incorrect. It was generally agreed by the Conservative-Liberal Democrat Coalition prior to Mays government. Even then, that was a different government.
    It was to bring stability for both sides. I think that act was flawed. It takes power away from the Queen to dissolve parliament.
    The Tories pushed it, people told them this scenario would happen (Opposition doesn't want an election, so they just abstain, leaving the government in a situation where they have no power), yet they did it anyway. Now they're living with it. Zero sympathy.

None of the opposition parties want the responsibility of that position (being in government), but yet want the power. We are seeing a flaw in that act by the opposition parties manipulating it by not having a election but by forcing the Prime Minister to delay Brexit.
    The opposition has wanted a snap election. They have called for it. Yet when presented, they vote against it. Think about that for a moment.
    The Opposition didn't want an election. Didn't under May or Johnson. The government not having control of its own party was the biggest reason for the push for an election.

Watch question time on youtube its a weekly BBC show. Its so blatant how the SNP is manipulating its own voters and the public but using key words. Its the same with Labour.

How dumb is the SNP? They want a second referendum in Scotland. Then it would be in their interest to support Brexit as it gives them a mandate ad a strong argument to have this and leave the Union. Yet they dont do that...? Hmm I wonder why. Well if they leave the UK, they can't join Europe. That takes time, they have to meet certain conditions.
    Not only that, Europe does not want Scotland to leave the UK. If they do that, it has massive implications for France (Basque region) and Spain (Catalonia) to leave.
    The SNP is fucked in that respect. But the Scots and remainers are too dumb to realise that. Then they allowe to be influenced by the EU. Hence they are doing everything they can to complain, complain and blame the government. Blox Brexit as it works in Europes favour.
    But yet they have all the power to create the conditions to leave the UK.
    The SNP has been pretty transparent with their position. They want to stay in the EU. They only want a second referendum if the UK leaves the EU (since EU membership was basically the reason the referendum went 'stay' the first time). If the UK leaves, it doesn't really make a difference for Scottish independence whether or not Spain or France block them from coming in since they'd be out anyway. The SNP's mandate is looking out for Scotland and what the people of Scotland want. They don't give a fuck about the rest of the Union, that isn't what they were elected to do.

But since you mentioned the DUP, lets go that way.
    The DUP dont want a border. But you can't have your cake and eat it. This is where Europe manipulates their position into British politics. As I have written before, you cannot have a foreign power dictate what happens on your land. That was the backstop issue.
    The DUP don't want a backstop because it creates a barrier between Northern Ireland and Great Britain. It means that the EU would have more influence and power to dictate what happens in part of the UK. Because the UK doesn't know how to deal with their own mess created by Northern Ireland and the border between the Republic, they had to come up with the backstop, effectively selling out a part of their own union to foreign influence to make Brexit easier. That is the backstop issue.

You clearly don't understand the concept of a Union. You just don't understand how a concept of a country works and how manipulations starts with small creeps of power being lost.
    Your concept of the Union is that there's England and then everything else (which in fairness has been the Tory way for well over a hundred years). It is the same concept of what a Union is and how a country operates as 'what Central Canada wants is best for Confederation.' Just because there are other areas with different ideas doesn't mean people don't understand it, they just don't agree with you. There's a big difference. England brought Scotland and Ireland into the Union kicking and screaming, and now you're getting upset that they have a different view on how to tackle Brexit.
    Last edited by kertejud2; 10-21-2019 at 10:01 AM.

Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 16 25 26 27 ... LastLast