Quantcast
Nobody cares about brexit? - Page 27 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 17 26 27 28 ... LastLast

Thread: Nobody cares about brexit?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

U.K. Prime Minister Boris Johnson, conceding for the first time he won't meet his deadline to leave the EU, called for a general election on Dec. 12 to break the Brexit impasse.
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/brexit...osal-1.5333688

My bet, there will be no election, no deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    *The First*

At least it's not dragging out and everyone has just looked for a quick, clean break without any excessive drama or silliness.

OmFG why don't the Germans invade these pathetic, cultural appropriating, tea-drinking, curry eating, pompous useless retards and solve this complete non-problem for them!!!!?!!?
    Jesus Harold Bartholomew Christ that society has excelled... At taking one tenth the time to deteriorate to Greek levels.

Greece - we invented so many things of value several hundred years ago that we're just gonna have a quick rest on our laurels for a few centuries. You're welcome... Oh shit, we're broke.

Britain - hold my piss-warm beer. Many decades ago, we were King shit of fuck mountain. Obviously we should be able to sit around for the nex.. Oh, fuck, we're completely bulloxed right in the mushy peas!

The descendants of British prisoners are actually doing better than their mother country. (That's Australia for the not so learned).
    What a time to be alive!
    Last edited by ThePenIsMightier; 10-24-2019 at 09:11 PM.

On a nickel related note: The LME seems to be at 85,000 tons reserve.

Which is a lot, or not enough depending on whether that is the stockpile for the UK or all of Europe. Heaven knows Greece doesn't need a nickel.
    Cocoa $11,000 per ton.

Completely hypothetical Bizzarro world scenario. Y'know the Bizzarro world where people start siding with Thanos and the Joker.
    Cocoa $11,000 per ton.

EU agrees to extend until January 31.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-50205603

Lots of talk about trying to push for an early December election, which made this snippet very interesting

It comes as government figures showed a surge in voter registrations, with nearly two million registering in the past eight weeks.

Over half of the applications - 58% - were from voters aged 34 or under, compared to just 7% for those over 65.

The swell coincided with Mr Johnson's first proposal, in early September, for a snap election.

Young people (18-34) voted overwhelmingly for Remain in the referendum, with the next bracket (35-44) also trending to remain. The under 40 group also swayed heavily to Labour in the general election, so despite their desire to abstain from a vote for an election call to keep the circus in Boris' tent, the numbers might really start to sway them.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

UK is having a general election Thursday December 12, 2019. Wheeee!
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

Election day today!!

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I don't even know who I'd like to win. Both sides of the debate look insane. I guess whoever will drove the value of the currency down to make travel cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I don't even know who I'd like to win. Both sides of the debate look insane. I guess whoever will drove the value of the currency down to make travel cheaper.
    It's looking as though Labour is really going to be regretting sticking with Corbyn, who's basically managed to bungle this pretty bad. Betwen Corbyn's unlikeability and the Labour policies it was like offering up Andrew Scheer holding the NDP's Leap Manifesto and being surprised people rejected the offer.

Unless the exit polls are wrong in spectacular fashion (no idea how accurate exit polling has been in Britain, but even the other polling would have to be pretty far off) it's going to be the worst Labour result since before the war (and best Tory result since Thatcher).

The surge in SNP makes the post-Brexit likelihood of another Scottish independence referendum very likely as well (since remaining in the EU was a major factor in the previous vote).

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    They may as well just submit and change to USD. It's cheaper and safer.

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

Quote Originally Posted by kertejud2 View Post
    It's looking as though Labour is really going to be regretting sticking with Corbyn, who's basically managed to bungle this pretty bad. Betwen Corbyn's unlikeability and the Labour policies it was like offering up Andrew Scheer holding the NDP's Leap Manifesto and being surprised people rejected the offer.

Unless the exit polls are wrong in spectacular fashion (no idea how accurate exit polling has been in Britain, but even the other polling would have to be pretty far off) it's going to be the worst Labour result since before the war (and best Tory result since Thatcher).

The surge in SNP makes the post-Brexit likelihood of another Scottish independence referendum very likely as well (since remaining in the EU was a major factor in the previous vote).
    I was just reading this on BBC news.
    If the exit polls are accurate as they have been in the past, then it looks really bad for Labour. Really bad.
    I texted a buddy of mine in the UK (Labour Supporter) and asked if he would do the 4 day work week. His reply was 'for the same pay of course'. I asked who would pay you the same salary but only work 4 days..? He said it would be the public sector.

It will be interesting to see where this takes the SNP. We are going to see the death of the queen at some point in the near future and I think this will breakup the Union..

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Exit polls show conservative majority, but it's pretty early.
    Name:  Screenshot_20191212-170938.jpg
Views: 240
Size:  29.6 KB

I haven't been following this for a bit, if it IS a majority, what does that mean for brexit?

I'm actually surprised it's not a complete annihilation. How would anyone in their right mind vote Labour given some Corbyn's stances and policies. Absolute lunacy.

Last edited by 01RedDX; 05-06-2020 at 12:45 PM.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by 01RedDX View Post
    Deal or no deal Brexit before Jan. 31, 2020 I believe.
    Until it gets extended.

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Quote Originally Posted by dimi View Post
    I'm actually surprised it's not a complete annihilation.
    It's as close as makes no difference. Labour got absolutely shredded.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Name:  Screenshot_20191213-070909.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  30.0 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by BBC news
    Boris Johnson has promised to deliver Brexit and repay the trust of voters after he led the Conservatives to an "historic" general election win.
    Voters hate weak governments and inter-party bickering. And sometimes, they seem pretty organized and strategic in avoiding it.
    Last edited by ExtraSlow; 12-13-2019 at 08:18 AM.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

All hail Bojo and May we have a glorious Brexit!
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Better headline.
    Name:  Screenshot_20191213-073348.png
Views: 229
Size:  272.2 KB

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

WOW.. what a shocker.
    That was a hard beating. Labour not having these many seats since the 1930's.. The Art Deco years...

Jeremy Corbyn spent four years frustrating the entire process, being a complete hypocrite on his words and actions. Boris called him a Chicken.. right now Corbyn is a plucked chicken.. and he looks like one too.

As the Liberal Democrats... this was even worse. They said they do not recognize the referendum result and they would have another vote. If that was leave too, they would not respect it and yet argued democracy should be respected. Figure that one out...
    Well democracy gave the leader Jo Swindon a lesson in that.. she lost her seat. The Lib Dems did not just lose.. The leader lost her seat...!!! Kicked out, humiliated... oh the shame..

Oh Politics can be a cruel mistress indeed. Two main opposition parties frustrated the will of the people, the democratic process and made one of the greatest institutions the world has ever seen look look like shambles.
    The British people have given the Prime Minster his mandate now. Hopefully they can get on with it.

Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 17 26 27 28 ... LastLast