Quantcast
Nobody cares about brexit? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 27 1 2 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 526

Thread: Nobody cares about brexit?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Red Deer, Alberta
    My Ride
    1995 WRX STi
    Posts
    1,556
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Nobody cares about brexit?

    This is as much of a deal as Greece IMO. Possibly world changing event tomorrow.

    I hope the brits take back their sovereignty, getting a bit tired of the liberals and the one-world-governmenters falling back on "it doesn't make sense economically" when most other things they do don't make economical sense

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    1,296
    Rep Power
    18

    Default Re: Nobody cares about brexit?

    Originally posted by HiTempguy1
    This is as much of a deal as Greece IMO. Possibly world changing event tomorrow.

    I hope the brits take back their sovereignty, getting a bit tired of the liberals and the one-world-governmenters falling back on "it doesn't make sense economically" when most other things they do don't make economical sense
    not concerned because the vote will obviously be to stay in the EU. Just like Quebec was never going to leave Canada either. Pointless temporary drama.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    1,196
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    It's been pretty interesting to follow. I suspect a "stay" vote as well. However the fact I'll be in London for 2 weeks at the end of the summer has me hoping for a "leave" vote and a plummeting GBP
    Originally posted by Arash Boodagh
    Before I start pwning all the members with my findings.
    Originally posted by Arash Boodagh
    Plus, is it true you can feed a pig elephant dong and it will still grow and build meat?
    Originally posted by Toma
    rx7_turbfoags best friend
    Toma the homophobe?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pallet Town
    Posts
    489
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    A strong EU would be competitive with other nations.

    A brexit would probably mean stronger ties to the commonwealth. We are a part of the commonwealth, but do little business with Britain other than providing them with nickel... Seriously, we don't even really buy anything off them except some monarchy dinner plates.
    FATCA is coming for your loonies.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    6,804
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    ...
    Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-15-2019 at 06:23 PM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    -.-- -.-- -.-.
    Posts
    1,315
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    I hear it is a laxative.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    2009 G37X sedan, 2009 Murano
    Posts
    176
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Re: Nobody cares about brexit?

    Originally posted by BigMass


    not concerned because the vote will obviously be to stay in the EU. Just like Quebec was never going to leave Canada either. Pointless temporary drama.
    This.

    But I'd prefer whatever raises the price of oil and the CAD

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    G6
    Posts
    24
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I don't think it's got much of a chance of going through. Stupid idea to begin with IMO.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Somewhere North of Calgary
    My Ride
    Gas guzzler!
    Posts
    116
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I don't know, I think it will be pretty close.

    Remain is more to the economy side, Leave is more for the immigration side.

    Cameron says he will push for his reform on immigration so that you would need to work for 4 years before receiving benefits, if you don't find a job within 6 months you are out. Only problem is he has to get 27 other countries from the EU to vote yes, too little too late and I can see Poland and Romania saying no.

    I voted Leave

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Calgary AB
    My Ride
    S2K
    Posts
    2,230
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    I wouldn't say nobody cares about this. For anyone that trades stocks, this has been a hot conversation topic. I absolutely care about what happens from that perspective haha.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    My Ride
    Imports
    Posts
    274
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I got my postal vote in Canada 2 weeks back and voted to leave

    We didn't get a vote to go into the EU, and the free movement of labour is beginning to really hurt a lot of our services, stretching many things to capacity...and that's only going to get worse when the likes of Turkey, Albania and Macedonia join

    Not happy about the SNP party leaders U-Turn on the issue though, after campaigning for Scotlands independence and then saying that we're better in Europe...

    Honestly at the end of the day, it won't make any difference if we stay or leave because politicians are all corrupt as fuck and will do whatever they want anyway

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    calgary
    My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3
    Posts
    3,973
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Originally posted by haggis88

    Honestly at the end of the day, it won't make any difference if we stay or leave because politicians are all corrupt as fuck and will do whatever they want anyway
    Looks like this will be a Y2K-event where some people are freaking out, but in the end, Britain will "vote" to stay and that will appease the masses and the global economy bubble will continue on.
    Last edited by revelations; 06-23-2016 at 10:45 AM.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Red Deer, Alberta
    My Ride
    1995 WRX STi
    Posts
    1,556
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    http://news.nationalpost.com/full-co...te-for-freedom

    This article sums up my thoughts much better than I could. I personally believe this is about much more than money and the economy. Those are important points to consider, but there are more important things in life than the almighty dollar.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    102
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally posted by HiTempguy1
    http://news.nationalpost.com/full-co...te-for-freedom

    This article sums up my thoughts much better than I could. I personally believe this is about much more than money and the economy. Those are important points to consider, but there are more important things in life than the almighty dollar.
    Money drives world. Let's be honest.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    37
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally posted by haggis88


    Not happy about the SNP party leaders U-Turn on the issue though, after campaigning for Scotlands independence and then saying that we're better in Europe...
    U-Turn? The SNP has been pro-EU since at least the late 80s.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    My Ride
    Imports
    Posts
    274
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    They were desperate to ensure people we could keep the pound in an Independent Scotland, now she's bleating on about wanting the Euro...definitely got me rethinking about who i'll be voting for in the next local/national elections

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    37
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally posted by haggis88
    They were desperate to ensure people we could keep the pound in an Independent Scotland, now she's bleating on about wanting the Euro...definitely got me rethinking about who i'll be voting for in the next local/national elections
    More actual say in monetary policy being independent but part of the EU than separating and going with a totally foreign currency. Quebec separatist level thinking in wanting to stick with the pound.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Calgary,AB
    My Ride
    2013 Toyota Highlander Sport
    Posts
    748
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Results start coming in around 3pm MST
    Last edited by nzwasp; 06-23-2016 at 01:11 PM.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    YWG
    Posts
    3,110
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Dumb idea.

    Will likely fail.


  20. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Calgary AB
    My Ride
    S2K
    Posts
    2,230
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally posted by nzwasp
    Results start coming in around 3pm MST
    wat

    Did you mean 3am by any chance?

Page 1 of 27 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Brexit > Bremain

    By ZenOps in forum Society / Law / Current Events / Politics
    Replies: 44
    Latest Threads: 12-09-2018, 08:34 PM
  2. Nobody Cares About Your Stupid Topredline Vids (Ban porsche)

    By misterrick in forum Cars, Bikes, Machines
    Replies: 20
    Latest Threads: 07-15-2008, 01:02 AM
  3. Who cares about high school?

    By GTS Jeff in forum Campus Chat
    Replies: 149
    Latest Threads: 07-17-2007, 08:54 AM
  4. If anyone cares...

    By codo in forum Health and Fitness
    Replies: 11
    Latest Threads: 07-07-2006, 02:54 PM
  5. Replies: 1
    Latest Threads: 07-10-2002, 04:36 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •