Quantcast
Vivint salesman came to my door - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Vivint salesman came to my door

Default Vivint salesman came to my door

Anyone had one come to the door? I gave very little details or wrong details about myself when he asked for my name, what I do etc. Then he proceeded to say how Vivint installed a few systems in some of the neighbors for free or whatever...then asking me if I know them. Showed me a video. He wanted to come in and showed me the vid and I told him no...we can talk at the doorstep.

When I said no thanks to this offer, he said "what happens if your house gets broken into" kind of guilt trip.

anyways got rid of him. Idiot name is Greg Fischer

Thaco is offline sucks off little boys (ya, don't fuck with rage2 bitch!!!)
    My Ride
    Rage2

vivint is known for cold calls, but they are a legit alarm company that a lot of people use.
    User title molested by Rage2.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's not the size that matters, it's the taste it leaves in your mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    No logic, thought, input, etc from cult member...

Had one too. Referred him to the no soliciting sticker on the door.
    dv/dt

Originally posted by zieg
    Had one too. Referred him to the no soliciting sticker on the door.
    Same here.

Had a guy come by a few weeks back and use every shady sales tactic in the book. I was busy working on the exterior of my house and asked him for his name and phone number so I could call him when I'm not busy. He refused to tell me his name or give a phone number. That was the end of my patience and I tore him a new asshole. Shady fking losers.

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Yeah. Bryce came to my door last weekend - twice.

I was nice about it but he was 5 seconds away from getting wrath. He came right when we were eating dinner.

He asked why I didn't think I needed an alarm. I said I'm the alarm, que judge dread.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Had one come by the other day.

rings my doorbell, and the screen on the door is open. I am in full view and just said "I am not interested, thanks"

and he says "Oh, have you talked to us already?"

Me: "Are you deaf?

Him: "no..."

Me: "I was nice the first time, now fuck off!"
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

Same guy sold my aunt a system around 2 weeks ago haha

My Ride
    VW R32 Turbo

You guys openly tell a stranger you don't have an alarm?
    Originally posted by sputnik
    Cell providers are the next Blockbuster video stores.

My Ride
    79 Country Squire 95 Deville 09 Jeep JK

I tell them I already have a security system. They ask what kind and I say none of their business. And then refer them to the no soliciting sign.

My Ride
    2002 jeep tj

I always have them asshats come to my house one of them even made fun of the jeans I was wearing I told him to get the fuck out of my neighborhood before I let my rotti off the leash he shrugged and walked to my neighbors door, I'm close with all m y neighbors and told him they will not answer the door for u idiot, hes like oh they know me he knocked on the door and they didn't answer

me and my friends started to laugh at him and I told him see now get going

Last time again they came by I was just in my shorts hes like oh you look relaxed, I had half the door open to keep the dog behind the door, I'm like I'm babysitting what u need hes like is the owner home.

Me: yes I'm the owner

Him: oh ok, have you heard of vivint some of your neighbors have it

Me: yeah I have both my sisters have it but I don't want it

Him: that's great but why don't you want it

Me: one of them had to break down her door because the lock wouldn't unlock and the other is just waiting to cancel because shes locked in a contract so I don't want either

Him: ok have a good day

I also had one tell me once when I told him that my dog is the alarm he went ahead and said well a dog can easly be distracted if the thief throws him a piece of meat

I told him why in the hell would any one have meat on them if they are breaking in a house just leave dude
    Last edited by Jeeper1986; 06-25-2016 at 11:29 PM.

My Ride
    Toyota Christopher Lambert

Just say you rent and they'll instantly leave.

My Ride
    B5 S4, UrQ, UZJ100, 990 SMR

Originally posted by 2Legit2Quit
    Just say you rent and they'll instantly leave.
    This. Disqualification is much harder to overcome than objections.
    Originally posted by InRich
    tell her I'll pick her up in the vette
    Originally posted by InRich
    The X5 i bought earlier this year really is FULLY LOADED though not a single option missing including infrared night driving

Signed up for it, gave it a shot, shitty install, bad customer service, cancelled within the 10 day limit. It's a cool system, but I can save myself in the long run if I just automate my house myself. Pretty much half my shit wouldn't stay connected, and the doorbell camera is great at picking up cars driving by, but not the people no matter what setting I put in.

So here's a sort of related question - I wonder how many beyond members have actually had such a job as a door to door salesperson?

I think the saddest are the people who come around pushing the aeration machine and wanting to aerate your lawn - that has to absolutely suck and especially so in hilly communities.
    Will fuck off, again.

Originally posted by speedog
    So here's a sort of related question - I wonder how many beyond members have actually had such a job as a door to door salesperson?
    Many, many years ago, I spent a couple of days 'employed' as a windshield sales person. The procedure was to go to a neighbourhood, walk around until you saw a vehicle with a cracked/broken windshield, then go to the house closest to the vehicle under the assumption that the owner lived there. Make the usual sales pitch "we can send someone out, or I can book you an appointment at our installation centre at XXXX Street."

Back then, people weren't very hostile toward me, but I only had one sign up and I quickly realized this is not the way to make my million dollars.

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

I didn't have a Vivint rep come to my door but I had a Furnace company come to my door. Girl was cute. She had some letterhead from the "Government of Canada" saying she needed to inspect my furnace. I let her in, she went down to the basement, looked at it and said oh this is a mid-effiency furnace. The government is phasing all of these out and you have to buy a new High Effiency one. We went upstairs and she sat herself at my dinner table and started going through options and pricing and this and that.

At this point I knew it was a scam so I said oh I'm good for now, I have Costco coming in end of the week to give me an estimate on new furnaces. She ends up calling her boss to get tips on how to close me. Didn't work. I said I'm good. She would not get up and leave. So persistent. I started to unzip and then she finally got up and left.
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

Originally posted by dj_rice
    I didn't have a Vivint rep come to my door but I had a Furnace company come to my door. Girl was cute. She had some letterhead from the "Government of Canada" saying she needed to inspect my furnace. I let her in, she went down to the basement, looked at it and said oh this is a mid-effiency furnace. The government is phasing all of these out and you have to buy a new High Effiency one. We went upstairs and she sat herself at my dinner table and started going through options and pricing and this and that.

At this point I knew it was a scam so I said oh I'm good for now, I have Costco coming in end of the week to give me an estimate on new furnaces. She ends up calling her boss to get tips on how to close me. Didn't work. I said I'm good. She would not get up and leave. So persistent. I started to unzip and then she finally got up and left.
    That shit should be illegal.

My Ride
    2009 G37X sedan, 2009 Murano

Originally posted by J-D

That shit should be illegal.
    You mean indecent exposure to a door to door salesperson? hahahaha...jk....that is outright fraud if they have a "letter" from the government of Canada, I'd report her asap....impersonating a government official?

My Ride
    Ford

just answer the door with.
    You finally made it we have been waiting for hours.
    them: HUh?
    you're here for the gang bang right?
    Street Tune
    446HP 536TQ W/6# Lower, 3.5 upper 16* and 16psi

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast