Quantcast
Theft (aspen area) - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Theft (aspen area)

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

Default Theft (aspen area)

So during today sometime in the last 3 hours some thug went through both of my cars and my garage while I was at home bbqing with my family.

Stole some prescription sunglasses from my glovebox, and my suv's documentation (reg and insurance papers were in it).

Im pretty sure that my garage door openers were not in the cars because i use the link on the car to open the garage door but now I can find where I had them inside to make sure.

They also opened my deep freeze and stole the bread in there which is really fucking wierd.

Our house is not that isolated, we are on a corner on a busy ish street. Kids were playing out in the culdasac across from us and some people had been moving. I heard some other lady had her car rummaged through too.

My Ride
    Hemi, ZX6R

Car Prowlings are common. Report it even if its minor. That way police can use it to up presence in that area, or be able to get more officers hired, etc...

Not sure what you're looking for other then telling the story? Close ur garage cause car prowlings are massive in the subs?

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

I ended up calling the cops as there were still people spotted checking handles and looking in cars. And when I took my dog for a walk there was a bunch of suspects sitting in a truck at the very end of my street. About 10 mins later 2 cruisers showed up and about 20 mins after that the police helicopter was circling. I don't know if they found anything but made me feel safer.
    Quote Originally Posted by BavarianBeast View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Could have been over 60% if I wasn’t a paper hand bitch

My Ride
    Grimace

Bread, wtf

Last edited by 01RedDX; 09-23-2020 at 02:50 PM.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

I really don't understand what they do with the registration and insurance part of it - ive read up on how to protect yourself from the insurance fraud - will be calling touchstone tomorrow morning.

Apparently its considered a break and enter since they went into my garage and other car in the garage. They did not take the registration and insurance from that car though.

Im still shocked this happened around 6pm though.

My Ride
    Skateboard

Don't you live in Montreux? I never leave my garage doors open maybe it's just me not trusting people in general. Even when I mow my lawn I close the garage doors.

My Ride
    2018 Audi RS3

I'm paranoid every time my husband leaves the garage door open that someone will just walk in and take something - anything of real value we keep in the house anyway (mountain bikes). I also make sure thr garage door to the house is locked.
    I always make sure the cars are locked in the garage and our garage door openers are on key fobs on our key chain so they cannot be left out in the car if they are left outside.

I heard Aspen Cliff estates was targeted the other night, really close to me.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

Originally posted by G
    Don't you live in Montreux? I never leave my garage doors open maybe it's just me not trusting people in general. Even when I mow my lawn I close the garage doors.
    Yes.

Apparently my case was a break and enter since they went into the Garage. I filed a report with an officer that came around at lunch time. She said they had arrested a bunch of people and a stolen truck in bowness that had been on a spree in this area. Unsure at this time if my contents is amongst what they found.

Originally posted by nickyh
    I'm paranoid every time my husband leaves the garage door open that someone will just walk in and take something - anything of real value we keep in the house anyway (mountain bikes). I also make sure thr garage door to the house is locked.
    I always make sure the cars are locked in the garage and our garage door openers are on key fobs on our key chain so they cannot be left out in the car if they are left outside.

I heard Aspen Cliff estates was targeted the other night, really close to me.
    Yeah we use home link inside our cars, but the first thing I did was disable the pin pad and all openers/home link control - I will reset it up later. Perhaps not set it up on the highlander so I have to use the pin pad since my kia is always parked in the garage.
    Last edited by nzwasp; 06-26-2016 at 01:41 PM.

My Ride
    2009 G37X sedan, 2009 Murano

I'm confused, how did they get into your garage without making a racket? Did you leave a door or even the entire garage door open.

I grew up in Vancouver where property crime is 100 times what it is in Calgary and it always boggles my mind how people who grew up in Calgary or a smaller city/town have absolutely no common sense when it comes to things like this. ALWAYS close your doors and lock them if they're going to be left unattended. NEVER put your wallet and keys to your vehicles, by the door, I prefer to keep mine in our bedroom by the nightstand and for the love of God why do people in this city leave their wallets in their cars when they go a gym and then complain that their car got broken into and wallet stolen?!?!....I know you probably think you're safe in a nice fancy neigbourhood like Aspen but if I was a low life burglar, neighborhoods like yours would the first place I'd target...bunch of rich people with nice stuff with a false sense of security.

End of my asshole rants for the day..hope you learned your lesson.

By the way, don't feel bad...my fiancee, Calgary born and raised, likes to leave the doors of our house unlocked often and keeps her purse right by the door, all a burglar has to do is come up to our house, walk in, grab the purse and off they go.

Her brother's family in Panorama...same thing, garage door wide open all the time, front door never locked, keys and purses all close to the door...
    Last edited by JohnnyHockey; 06-26-2016 at 01:47 PM.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

Well it happened during the day and i did have the garage door up because i was going in and out of it periodically, however even if it wasnt they could of just opened it from the car and its quite silent, can only hear it if you are specifically listening for it.

My Ride
    '05 Saabaru 9-2X

Originally posted by JohnnyHockey
    if I was a low life burglar, neighborhoods like yours would the first place I'd target...bunch of rich people with nice stuff with a false sense of security.

End of my asshole rants for the day..hope you learned your lesson.
    Comes from BC, knows a lot about robbing houses... someone call the police, I think we found our guy.

I think it might just be a Vancouver thing. My Island relatives leave everything unlocked and open constantly.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-15-2019 at 06:30 PM.

Originally posted by Sugarphreak

Vancouver is insane for theft. If you leave your patio open on the 3rd floor, there is a good chance somebody will scale the wall and your apartment will get burgled before you get home. Anything at ground level without bars is a target as well.

Same goes for cars... if you leave anything in your car, even pop cans or water bottles; you are likely to have a smashed window for them. Even if you don't leave stuff in your car, they will still break in just in case you have some change in the glove box or ash tray. Some parking areas downtown are 100% guaranteed you will get broken into.

It is a totally different world in terms of theft
    My uncle's car there would get broken into so often (window smashed) for the change in the ashtray that he just started leaving the door and ashtray open. Took everything out of the car so they could look and move on without doing any damage and costing him a new window on a regular basis.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by Sugarphreak
    Ever since that damn train went in at 69th, crime has spiked in the Aspen and Montreux area
    Had the same problem when Crowfoot station first opened back in '09. I live on the top of a hill, so it's way too much work to walk up it. Took 2 years before even the bottle pickers stopped coming because it's a lot of work walking to my area.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    2018 Audi RS3

all I can say is, I've never seen more cops patrolling the area than this weekend.

I had a heart attack as I drove by a cop doing more than the speed limit along 85th (my kid was having a melt down and I was not paying attention to my speed) just past Nawab and then saw the lights come on the patrol car. Thankfully she did not pull a u-turn and chase me down for 10 over.

Just wait until the LRT is supposed to extend to 93rd Street, then it will be in my backyard with vagrants. I'm a good 30min walk from the LRT right now.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

The only time I see cops in Montreaux is when I have called them.

I'm paranoid. I lock up my keys and wallet at night. Yes, that involves getting a locked key cabinet. Biometric safe to store keys, is on the agenda.

Wallet also is electromagnetically shielded. You know, just in case aliens try to steal my card info.
    Last edited by ZenOps; 06-27-2016 at 11:31 AM.
    0.5 gram microsd delivered by 12,000 pound combustion vehicle and driver.

Originally posted by nickyh
    all I can say is, I've never seen more cops patrolling the area than this weekend.

I had a heart attack as I drove by a cop doing more than the speed limit along 85th (my kid was having a melt down and I was not paying attention to my speed) just past Nawab and then saw the lights come on the patrol car. Thankfully she did not pull a u-turn and chase me down for 10 over.

Just wait until the LRT is supposed to extend to 93rd Street, then it will be in my backyard with vagrants. I'm a good 30min walk from the LRT right now.

I never speed down 85th anymore (assuming I'm paying attention) because of the greasy cop who sits on the entrance to that guys driveway on the west side of the road. Nothing like going from 60 to 50 with that big down hill dip just so you can be in his radar snipe spot.

And yah thefts are quite up in our area in general. My friend works the precinct and I see him way too much and he'll be like "ya bla bla, lots of break ins or alarms being tripped in the area"

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

Originally posted by colinxx235

I never speed down 85th anymore (assuming I'm paying attention) because of the greasy cop who sits on the entrance to that guys driveway on the west side of the road. Nothing like going from 60 to 50 with that big down hill dip just so you can be in his radar snipe spot.

And yah thefts are quite up in our area in general. My friend works the precinct and I see him way too much and he'll be like "ya bla bla, lots of break ins or alarms being tripped in the area"
    I saw a cop in that drive way last week - first time I'd seen that - I bet the owner of the property hasnt given them permission to do that either.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast