Quantcast
Exit interview? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Exit interview?

My Ride
    14frs,06Tacoma,69Olds Vista Cruiser, 73VWwestfalia

Default Exit interview?

Has anyone done or given one of these?

I had been working at my last job for 15 years. It had gotten so bad there, that even though the economy sucked, I had to leave. I was lucky enough to line up a new job with equivalent pay.
    Fast forward a month, there's a call on my machine from a company in B.C. called Paul Alexander Talent Management. They say that they want to do an exit interview from( previous job) company.
    I find it very odd, especially being a month later and was wondering if anyone has any experience with this, maybe tell me what it's about.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-15-2019 at 06:32 PM.

My Ride

Thanks, that was very helpful. As angry as I was, it's in my past and I couldn't care what happens. Plus I was wondering if it was question and answer or if they literally ask me why I left?

My Ride
    Trucks

I recently left my job and gave notice with my manager. 3 days later I had an exit interview with the owner and he offered me a very large signing bonus and Christmas bonuses, which I declined. If it was a month later and they wanted an interview, I would tell them the hourly rate for my time and ask if they were paying in cash.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Default Re: Exit interview?

Originally posted by big A

I had been working at my last job for 15 years. It had gotten so bad there, that even though the economy sucked, I had to leave. I was lucky enough to line up a new job with equivalent pay.
    Fast forward a month, there's a call on my machine from a company in B.C. called Paul Alexander Talent Management. They say that they want to do an exit interview from( previous job) company.
    I find it very odd, especially being a month later and was wondering if anyone has any experience with this, maybe tell me what it's about.
    If they are doing one after the fact, I say skip it.

If you have to ask after your seasoned employee is long gone, you have fucked up.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 06-26-2016 at 08:08 PM.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I've always enjoyed my exit interviews, but then again, they have always been BEFORE my last day, so if the company wants me to use my time for that, it's on their dime. Have never been asked for one afterwards. That's weird.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Has 5 wheels.

I changed jobs about 3 months ago. Exit interview was done by HR on my last day. As mentioned very generic why did you leave(compensation, benefits, hours, etc), what can we do better, where are you going?

A month later by some random talent agency, I would say not to waste your time. That I also find sketchy.

^

I had one a few days before my last day except mine was with the same HR person who interviewed me before I got hired.

My Ride
    Exploded.

I've done exit interviews before, but not that late.

They just ask why you left, and if there were issues that they can work on. Sometimes they ask who or what the new offer is, and you don't have to tell them unless you have anti-competitor clause.

My Ride
    V8s

If they're gonna pay you for it, then I say why not?

If they aren't paying you for your time, then not a chance.

My Ride
    2022 X2M

Default Re: Exit interview?

Originally posted by big A

From previous experience when it is addressed this late in the game it means something has happened that is now requiring them to fact find. It could be that a few more people quit and those employees reason was management or that there is a legal issue in regards to a supervisor/manager and they are gathering information for to see if previous employees had left for the same reason. It could also mean that someone competent has taken over and is being proactive in trying to create a better work environment by finding out what issues existed and caused long term employees to vacate.

Who knows, they might even be interested in offering you a job.
    E .· ` ' / ·. F
    Your tears fuel me

My Ride
    FJR1300/2018 Giant Trance 3

Last edited by codetrap; 12-31-2016 at 12:57 PM.

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

My Ride

Thank you everyone for your opinions and advice. I just finished sending a reply saying I respectfully decline and not to contact me again.