Quantcast
Dallas sniper attacks - 12 police shot, 5 dead - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Dallas sniper attacks - 12 police shot, 5 dead

Last edited by 01RedDX; 09-23-2020 at 02:45 PM.

My Ride
    Super Car(s)

^ figure of speech. how would you describe em? idiots jumping around in a craze cussing, spitting, yelling? Shall I post a few videos for you to watch?

Originally posted by finboy
    Sounds like police used their bomb robot to deliver a bomb to one of the suspects who wouldn't surrender and killed him, that opens a whole new precedence for domestic police forces.
    Not really sure why you would be OK with them shooting the suspect but not OK with them using a bomb... Frankly it's the same end result and bullets are composed of explosives.

My Ride
    Super Car(s)

^ he's an idiot? you can't argue with idiots man. waste of energy. anyways I've had my laughs this morning. gonna go work out.

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

Originally posted by mazdavirgin

Not really sure why you would be OK with them shooting the suspect but not OK with them using a bomb... Frankly it's the same end result and bullets are composed of explosives.
    Nice strawman, Please outline where I said I was okay with it or not, I simply stated it was new ground

More so in the approach of disengaging contact in favor of distance strikes. In this case from what we know, the suspect didn't want to surrender, but now that this opens the door to officers using robots or drones to engage suspects, de-escalating situations could become more challenging.

There are a few interesting articles out there right now, they probably cover it more comprehensively than I can, I just think it is an interesting threshold hat America is crossing now that they have used combat related robot tactics on domestic soil. North Dakota has passed laws for non-lethal force to be used by drones, but this seems to be a first for lethal force. Again, I'm not saying there could have been a better solution in this case, none of us know what the actual situation was, but it does set a precedence.
    Last edited by finboy; 07-08-2016 at 01:46 PM.
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

My Ride
    17 Civic HB Sport

Originally posted by mazdavirgin

Agreed, you choose to open fire on a crowd, picking off officers that run towards the gunfire protecting everyone else running away from the gunfire, perp refuses to give up and even says "more will die"...yeah...I am all for blowing that prick into space.
    What kind of birdhouse can you build with popsicles, roofies, and a rubber mallet?
    "It's for a rare African bird called "none your business."
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    If you were straight I'd eat you like a BLT sandwich with extra Bacon. And I fucking LOVE bacon.

Couple of things here. Obviously as a member of the law enforcement my heart and thoughts go out to my fellow members and their families in this time. 5 families just lost (presumably) good people who were doing their work to protect those who also advocated for justice, also trying to do the right thing.

First: InRich, please. You aren't helping matters, and your insight into this with that awful graphic isn't representative of how it should work when police deal with people. Sadly, many innocent lives ARE lost in the USA for contempt of cop and simply not listening to them, so oddly enough it's accurate in that it does happen that way sometimes. But it isn't accurate in how it should work.

Second: What in the actual hell is happening in that country? I haven't watched those videos over and over again but from what I have seen, I still can't draw any conclusions. What I do know is this: The racial divide in the USA is a terrible and real thing, and whether these are a part of that I can't say, but it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. There is something so fundamentally wrong in that country that these types of acts happen on both sides due to racial motivations and other bullshit that simply shouldn't exist.

Third: As awful as all this has been, I have been incredibly impressed with the Dallas police chief and his handling of this matter. That man is eloquent, articulate, and clearly a bonafide professional. I get the impression he is very thoughtful and respected leader.

Regarding his statement about the suspect being killed during the standoff, I'm curious what happened. It doesn't seem clear to me and maybe I'm missing something. He mentioned a device with the bomb robot, but was it flashbang or some other type of distractionary explosive device that was meant to flush out the suspect ending up injuring and killing him, or did he detonate explosives he had in reaction to that device being used? I'm not aware of any tools at the disposal of law enforcement to kill someone explosively, but maybe down there they have something.
    Last edited by phil98z24; 07-08-2016 at 01:55 PM.
    ---------------------------------------------------

Any writings in this forum are my personal view and all opinions expressed should be taken as such; there is no implied or direct opinion representative of anything but my own thoughts on various subjects.

Originally posted by finboy

Nice strawman, Please outline where I said I was okay with it or not, I simply stated it was new ground

More so in the approach of disengaging contact in favor of distance strikes. In this case from what we know, the suspect didn't want to surrender, but now that this opens the door to officers using robots or drones to engage suspects, de-escalating situations could become more challenging.

There are a few interesting articles out there right now, they probably cover it more comprehensively than I can, I just think it is an interesting threshold hat America is crossing now that they have used combat related robot tactics on domestic soil. North Dakota has passed laws for non-lethal force to be used by drones, but this seems to be a first for lethal force. Again, I'm not saying there could have been a better solution in this case, none of us know what the actual situation was, but it does set a precedence.
    You are right in that if they did actually use an explosive to kill him, then as far as I'm aware that's new ground for domestic law enforcement. You echo my own thoughts in that we still don't know for sure what happened, whether he was killed with his own explosives or a device was used and unintentionally injured and then killed him.
    ---------------------------------------------------

Any writings in this forum are my personal view and all opinions expressed should be taken as such; there is no implied or direct opinion representative of anything but my own thoughts on various subjects.

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

Originally posted by phil98z24

You are right in that if they did actually use an explosive to kill him, then as far as I'm aware that's new ground for domestic law enforcement. You echo my own thoughts in that we still don't know for sure what happened, whether he was killed with his own explosives or a device was used and unintentionally injured and then killed him.
    The only information so far as I have seen is that the robot had a device attached to it, and detonated it by the suspect. No clarification has been given in regards to the device itself.

https://www.google.ca/amp/www.thever...client=safari#

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Originally posted by InRich
    ^ maybe in that one situation. yea your probably right. How many hundreds of others have happened recently where that wasn't the case. Where these idiots are jumping around like chimpanzees when the officers telling em to stop.

And just for the record! yea he was stopped. He was on the ground. Officers are telling him hands out. and whats he fucking do? reaches for his pockets. again. not following orders. simple order. idiot can't follow. fast reaches for his pockets for some reason.

All these gang bangers down there are carrying.

I'm sorry but if you can't follow fucking orders, you deserve to get owned.

EDIT... When I get pulled over. Officer tells me get out of the car. I do so. slow. Officer tells me, hands behind my back. I do so, immediately. I don't go off acting like a fucking idiot, shooting my mouth off, acting tough. I'm sure you don't either. Fools deserve it. Cops just wanna go home at the end of the night too. This isn't a black or white thing. Its uneducated fucking idiots who can't follow simple instructions
    In the case of the Castile shooting, Castile was alleged to have acted exactly as he should have, yet still managed to get shot.

He said he had gun and a permit, told the officer he was reaching into the glove box for his license and he STILL got shot.

The account will need to be corroborated by dash and/or body cam, but as this is the only account of the shooting so far, assume it's true for now.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Originally posted by phil98z24

Third: As awful as all this has been, I have been incredibly impressed with the Dallas police chief and his handling of this matter. That man is eloquent, articulate, and clearly a bonafide professional. I get the impression he is very thoughtful and respected leader.
    Vox wrote an interesting article today about the DPD Chief's success in providing department transparency and deescalation techniques for the officers.

After reading that article, I hope last night's incident doesn't derail all that good work he had done.

Vox: Dallas Police Were Doing Everything Right - Then The Shooting Started
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

I believe (and I might be mistaken), they used an explosive to detonate the attacker's bomb against himself.

Of course, I know what I've read online, and such sources aren't always accurate....

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

Originally posted by Kloubek
    I believe (and I might be mistaken), they used an explosive to detonate the attacker's bomb against himself.

Of course, I know what I've read online, and such sources aren't always accurate....
    From the articles I have found, the suspect made claims of bombs, but none were found in the garage. The police robot was fitted with an explosive delivered it beside the suspect.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/07/09...www.google.ca/

Originally posted by HiTempguy1

Who said it had to do with race? I referred to a COMMUNITY. I think you are confused.

My thoughts extend to ALL people that feel oppressed. Maybe they should take a good long look at themselves before casting the blame on others. And if they don't want to accept the VAST resources available to them, FOR FREE, by society as a whole, that is their choice, ignorance or otherwise.

You don't become "non-ignorant", you grow the fuck up as a human being and accept responsibility for yourself and learn a little.

The fact is, there will ALWAYS be people/groups of people/communities that squander their lives away and never do anything for themselves. I have literally, NEVER, seen someone with a good attitude who actually busts their ass not get SOMEWHERE in life. It might not be the best life, but it certainly is a comfortable one that doesn't involve hanging out on the stoop next to drug dealers.

For the record, it is black culture/society that makes this race related. Tell me, how many whities were killed by police in a questionable manner in the past 12 months? Were is the outrage and injustice there? You want racism to stop? Then quit bringing race into it. Instead of BLM, it could be the anti-policy-brutality group, inclusive of ALL people (hell, I could get behind that, police obviously need.to be held accountable!). Black people are "unfairly" targeted in the USA because they cause a LOT of the crime. A very simple solution, quit being a criminal, no more problems. Get a job. No job? Move to where there is work. Accept the help others offer you.

Pretty sure the ghost of Martin Luther King said it right on the cartoon "boondocks".

https://youtu.be/M5FR1LGsT7E
    This post could be an encyclopedic definition of white entitlement.

My Ride
    Horse

^I know right?

It shocks me that some people think the higher rate of crime is based simply on culture. Black people cause a lot of the crime because they're black?!? How about black people comprise a large portion of the country's less fortunate? Crime tends to be higher in lower socioeconomic groups. Let's go blame it all on them though as if they have the same opportunities we do.

I went to U of C. My parents paid for it. I'm ridiculously fortunate in the regard. HiTempguy, what should a poor black kid in a rough neighbourhood do to become successful? Bust your ass through the mediocre public school system, which is worse in your neighbourhood because it's so poor in the first place? Sure. But there's no way you're getting to half-decent post secondary schools without a huge scholarship, your best chance probably being a sports one. I would wager half the neighbourhood is using too. If you grew up like that, I doubt you would be rally racing for fun right now.

You're targeting their attitude when it's not a level-playing field in the first place.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

I don't know why you guys even comment on these morons' opinions. It's like poor people are poor because they're all lazy, amirite?!

If someone has no concept except using their own perspective on how the world is, they're too stubborn to even consider any other possibilities.

Ignorance really is bliss.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    '18 Murano

Here's how it should go when you're pulled over

http://fox6now.com/2015/10/29/mans-f...op-goes-viral/

Originally posted by xnvy
    ^I know right?

It shocks me that some people think the higher rate of crime is based simply on culture. Black people cause a lot of the crime because they're black?!? How about black people comprise a large portion of the country's less fortunate? Crime tends to be higher in lower socioeconomic groups. Let's go blame it all on them though as if they have the same opportunities we do.

I went to U of C. My parents paid for it. I'm ridiculously fortunate in the regard. HiTempguy, what should a poor black kid in a rough neighbourhood do to become successful? Bust your ass through the mediocre public school system, which is worse in your neighbourhood because it's so poor in the first place? Sure. But there's no way you're getting to half-decent post secondary schools without a huge scholarship, your best chance probably being a sports one. I would wager half the neighbourhood is using too. If you grew up like that, I doubt you would be rally racing for fun right now.

You're targeting their attitude when it's not a level-playing field in the first place.
    I think the funnier thing is how much apparent sympathy people have for black folk down south but lack the same amount of empathy for our native population.

My Ride
    Silverado

Throwing money at the issue in either case won't solve it. It's all about education and economy.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Originally posted by xnvy
    Bust your ass through the mediocre public school system, which is worse in your neighbourhood because it's so poor in the first place? Sure. But there's no way you're getting to half-decent post secondary schools without a huge scholarship
    That's not true at all. I know many people from my travels around the US that put themselves through college. Its a complete falsehood that a person can't put themselves through college down there without external support, but it certainly fits the narrative you want to portray.

Keep blaming people who have nothing to do with the "victims" plight and give them free pass to do whatever they want, including crime. Not everyone gets handed the same thing in life, the fact is that the student could go to that "mediocre public school" and still get out ahead and go onto post secondary.

Life isn't fair, not everyone gets the same start. Those that deal with that, succeed, those that don't, do not.

If they chose not to, whose fault is that? Keep marinating in your white guilt though, it is fairly humorous

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast