Quantcast
Pokemon Go - Page 29 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 29 of 73 FirstFirst ... 19 28 29 30 39 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Go

Still, if you are a completionist 142 currently in game *so far*.

The game still has to launch in other countries so I can imagine they will let the last nine show up then.

They need to put one only findable on Antarctica or maybe the Falklands.
    0.5 gram microsd delivered by 12,000 pound combustion vehicle and driver.

My Ride
    06 S2000

Originally posted by Xtrema

265km at average of 5km/h (my experience) = 53hrs

Games has been out for 3 weeks for that's 18hrs a week, 2.5hrs a day. Given this is light walking and say he's 6', he can burn 180/hr so he burned 450cal/day.

If his diet doesn't change, it may be possible.
    If he's spending that much time out, it's likely he's actually eating less, because there's less time to sit around and snack.

450cal/day * 21 days = 9450cal
    1lb = 3500cal
    9450/3500 = 2.7lbs
    25lbs * 3500cal = 87500cal
    87500cal / 21 days = 4166cal/day.

I could only lose that much weight if I stopped eating completely. That being said, a lot of it could be water weight.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    My car sounds like shit.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by ZenOps
    Still, if you are a completionist 142 currently in game *so far*.

The game still has to launch in other countries so I can imagine they will let the last nine show up then.

They need to put one only findable on Antarctica or maybe the Falklands.
    Region locked ones supposed to be hatchable.

The last few are legendary that will only comes out in special event.

But someone in Ohio got one and nobody know how. She said Niantic gifted it and Niantic denied and took it back.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

Has anyone bothered to evolve a magikarp - why does it require 400 candies!
    Quote Originally Posted by BavarianBeast View Post

Could have been over 60% if I wasn’t a paper hand bitch

My Ride
    YH2/FK8

Originally posted by nzwasp
    It requires 400 candies because Magikarp goes from completely useless to an A-Tier. My cousin did it. Went from a CP 169 to CP 1808.

If you grind, it's possible. I'm about half way there and I've been playing for 2 weeks.
    Last edited by JordanEG6; 08-04-2016 at 09:36 AM.
    SneakerFiles.com | Blog | Team AM Fam

1993 Honda Civic CX (B16A2) - 2002-2005
    1992 Honda Civic Si (K20A2) - 2006-2008
    2008 BMW 335i - 2008-2013
    2008 Honda Element EX AWD - 2013-Current
    2021 Honda Civic Type R LE - 2021-Current

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

So... does anyone feel pokemon go has burnt itself out a bit?

Honestly, I think they made the leveling/catching too easy to begin with, and after people got burnt out on that, they then cranked up the difficulty for everyone, burning out any new players.

I thought this would be a game that lasted, but now I'm not so sure.

^

I feel like Gyrados is going to take me a long time to evolve. As is I don't normally come across a hole ton, but since the update when I do, it is very common they run after 2-3 pokeballs which is mind boggling. I swear if another 10 cp pidgey/weedle/caterpee wastes 4-5 pokeballs and runs, summmmbuddy gonna get hurt reall bad at niantic

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Originally posted by HiTempguy1
    So... does anyone feel pokemon go has burnt itself out a bit?

Honestly, I think they made the leveling/catching too easy to begin with, and after people got burnt out on that, they then cranked up the difficulty for everyone, burning out any new players.

I thought this would be a game that lasted, but now I'm not so sure.
    IMO it was never all that great of a game in the first place. It's only real calling was nostalgia. I doubt I would play it at all if i didn't have a couple pokestops that always have lures that i can sit and catch pokemon at from my desk at work when I am bored. It's also not like the game gets any better as you level up, unless you are one of the very active top players you are never going to be able to challenge gyms.

Most people I know played it for the first two days it was out then haven't touched it since.

At this point even if they bring in a million amazing features they won't get anyone coming back who already forgot about the game.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Originally posted by JordanEG6

It requires 400 candies because Magikarp goes from completely useless to an A-Tier. My cousin did it. Went from a CP 169 to CP 1808.

If you grind, it's possible. I'm about half way there and I've been playing for 2 weeks.
    I actually caught a magikarp's evolved form before I caught a magikarp haha.

Originally posted by killramos

IMO it was never all that great of a game in the first place. It's only real calling was nostalgia. I doubt I would play it at all if i didn't have a couple pokestops that always have lures that i can sit and catch pokemon at from my desk at work when I am bored. It's also not like the game gets any better as you level up, unless you are one of the very active top players you are never going to be able to challenge gyms.

Most people I know played it for the first two days it was out then haven't touched it since.

At this point even if they bring in a million amazing features they won't get anyone coming back who already forgot about the game.
    See for me, nostalgia really wasn't a factor as I never played Pokemon before this. What I did really enjoy about it was the augmented reality, and being able to collect different types of pokemon.

When Pokevision was working, I was having a blast. I've been in Toronto for about six months so it got me out and about chasing down those rares, literally running full sprint to make it in time, and it took me to areas I've never been to and I made several friends along the way. Since it's been down, I've stopped playing, because really what's the point?

When I could see exactly where the rare pokemon were, it was still incredibly hard to get it because there was basically one in the entire city at one time, and you had 12 minutes to get there (at most). Now, with no tracker in game, you're expected to walk around blindly, with the app open the entire time, and just hope you happen to run into a rare pokemon? Seems ridiculous. I know many of my friends in Calgary who have stopped playing for the same reasons as well.

Do I think things could improve? Definitely - if they fixed the in-game tracker (not just distance away but direction too), got rid of the gps spoofers, adding trading, gave more candies for higher evolved pokemon, and didn't force you to have the app open the entire time (battery killer), I think the game would be significantly better. But Niantic screwed up big time by putting so much effort into killing trackers like pokevision when they didn't have a viable tracker within their own game. I think it's turned away a lot of newer players and I'm not sure they'll be coming back.

It's a shame really. This was a game that actually made me want to run out the door and around the city to play. Now it's a game I might open if I'm already out and about but even that I'm losing interest in.

My Ride
    Exploded.

According to this, my wife to be is playing Pokemon Go

http://www.forbes.com/sites/ryanmac/.../#6aa916094f16

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Originally posted by anarchy

See for me, nostalgia really wasn't a factor as I never played Pokemon before this. What I did really enjoy about it was the augmented reality, and being able to collect different types of pokemon.

When Pokevision was working, I was having a blast. I've been in Toronto for about six months so it got me out and about chasing down those rares, literally running full sprint to make it in time, and it took me to areas I've never been to and I made several friends along the way. Since it's been down, I've stopped playing, because really what's the point?

When I could see exactly where the rare pokemon were, it was still incredibly hard to get it because there was basically one in the entire city at one time, and you had 12 minutes to get there (at most). Now, with no tracker in game, you're expected to walk around blindly, with the app open the entire time, and just hope you happen to run into a rare pokemon? Seems ridiculous. I know many of my friends in Calgary who have stopped playing for the same reasons as well.

Do I think things could improve? Definitely - if they fixed the in-game tracker (not just distance away but direction too), got rid of the gps spoofers, adding trading, gave more candies for higher evolved pokemon, and didn't force you to have the app open the entire time (battery killer), I think the game would be significantly better. But Niantic screwed up big time by putting so much effort into killing trackers like pokevision when they didn't have a viable tracker within their own game. I think it's turned away a lot of newer players and I'm not sure they'll be coming back.

It's a shame really. This was a game that actually made me want to run out the door and around the city to play. Now it's a game I might open if I'm already out and about but even that I'm losing interest in.
    100% agree. Having tracker apps made it playable, now it's utter garbage. Go was already pretty bare-bones and poorly implemented, and somehow they've managed to make it worse.

My Ride
    TDi

I play here and there when at work and I see "more rare" Pokémon out there, but I know I can't find them so I don't bother lol
    GO FLAMES GO!

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by flipstah
    According to this, my wife to be is playing Pokemon Go

http://www.forbes.com/sites/ryanmac/.../#6aa916094f16
    TLDR, stats you need to know.....

Average PGO player is 25yrs old, white female, making $90k/yr.

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

Hatched an Eevee on a 10km. Boo.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    Beyond, bunch of creme puffs on this board.
    Everything I say is satire.

Originally posted by The_Rural_Juror
    Hatched an Eevee on a 10km. Boo.
    I feel your pain. Got a Jynx with mine

I played this for a bit, caught about 30 Pokemon just to see what it's like. I have no clue what all the hype is about, I just can't relate I guess. The game seems buggy too.

Originally posted by nzwasp
    I just evolved mine yesterday, 1874 gyarados

I caught most of my magikarp at Eliston park

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

The game felt extremely buggy until I turned off the battery saver feature. Then its been ok. I think battery saver on android atleast basically turns off all functionality within the game after a certain amount of time. After that I had to shut the app down and restart it.
    Quote Originally Posted by BavarianBeast View Post

Could have been over 60% if I wasn’t a paper hand bitch

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/illegally-...042.html?nhp=1

I'm starting to get into the groove now that tracking is gone its more like fishing than tracking/hunting.

Still, with the unpredictable weather and Olympics coming up - I got my 250 pokeballs stored up for anything that might spawn by my chair.
    0.5 gram microsd delivered by 12,000 pound combustion vehicle and driver.

Page 29 of 73 FirstFirst ... 19 28 29 30 39 ... LastLast