Quantcast
Pokemon Go - Page 19 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 19 of 73 FirstFirst ... 9 18 19 20 29 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Go

My Ride
    TL

Originally posted by colinxx235
    ^
    Don't you have to hit the timer in the shop and wait 21 hours?
    no you can only claim it every 21 hours. I find it's better to take the rewards right away, I see people take my gym over in a matter of 10-15 minutes after I get it.

lost a clefable and abra last night. wind mobile is just killing my dreams in EV

Originally posted by colinxx235

Summmm bitch.... I definitely saw your guy in the Aspen shoppers last night. I drove in after hockey and went and through my jolteon in. I think this was between 930-945. Then I drove over to the lady bug gym and took that over, which lasted all of a few seconds haha.

I clearly need to get the vision app cause a dragonite would be sweet. I'm level 15 now, but I'm starting to stock pile a shit ton of pidgeys/other guys do a massive 30 minute lucky egg.

The eevee evolution is kind of annoying, I've evolved all 3 now and the difference in CP is huge, I know everyone was saying vaporeon is the most strong and clearly true. My first I just evolved not caring who I got, a 320 -> 718 flareon, few levels later did the naming trick, 374 -> 968 Vaporeon, then another two levels later did 464 -> 892 jolteon. Which I was for sure expection the 464 to be a beast of a jolteon. Wishing I had done him first and saved the best for a vaporeon.

I have a 444/412/376 eevee currently and am trying to nest up the candys so I can re evolve flareon and then prob vaporeon to get them hopefully over 1000 each. Its nice now that I can finally start attacking some gyms.
    The Dragonite was hilarious and I'm in a bit of shame to explain what happened lol.

It spawned Just past 85th st on 17th ave lol. Bunch of cars just pulled to the side of 17th ave. The dragonite was over the fence in the middle of the ravine lol... definitely hopped the fence for it lmao

Originally posted by ickyflex

The Dragonite was hilarious and I'm in a bit of shame to explain what happened lol.

It spawned Just past 85th st on 17th ave lol. Bunch of cars just pulled to the side of 17th ave. The dragonite was over the fence in the middle of the ravine lol... definitely hopped the fence for it lmao
    So on private property or not?

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-15-2019 at 11:37 PM.

http://tinyurl.com/jewc9ch

Don't actually know, just assumed it is a ravine as it looked similar to what is behind where I live

Edit: Guess it looks like it's the Condo Land..woops lawl
    Last edited by ickyflex; 07-27-2016 at 09:50 AM.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

http://tinyurl.com/jewc9ch
    I read this as "tiny jew". I laughed.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Did the luck egg evolve thing last night. Went from level 14 to a17 and it is very close to 18.

No new catches of note, but I still don't have a geode or onyx, nor do I have a dragonite.

I keep taking down gyms here. Everything is quiet until intake down a gym, then like 12 cars shown up and team mystic takes it back in like 2 seconds.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

Originally posted by spikerS
    Did the luck egg evolve thing last night. Went from level 14 to a17 and it is very close to 18.

No new catches of note, but I still don't have a geode or onyx, nor do I have a dragonite.

I keep taking down gyms here. Everything is quiet until intake down a gym, then like 12 cars shown up and team mystic takes it back in like 2 seconds.
    I wouldn't worry about rare catches until you're lvl 20+ - that's when the CP starts getting good. A 500 CP dragonite is useless anyways other than to say you have one.

As for gyms, as long as you can take them, that's what matters, doesn't matter if you can hold it for a long time. You probably know this but just take a gym, then cash out your coins. I have a 1500 CP Snorlax I can leave to defend a gym while I walk to the other and take that too to get 20 coins before they're taken over.

I'm still trying to find a dragonite

My Ride
    Exploded.

I caught a Squirtle and a Tauros. They look delicious.

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

I want the starfish balut guy.
    Last edited by The_Rural_Juror; 07-27-2016 at 11:14 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Beyond, bunch of creme puffs on this board.
    Everything I say is satire.

Originally posted by spikerS

Lol same thing happened to me the other day. Taking down a level 5 mystic gym, once I started getting the prestige down 2 cars pulled up and 3 more people walked there to try and defend.

I believe the coins are immediate, but you then start a timer where you cannot redeem again for 21 hours.

From my conquests: I took an elementary school and a C-train station twice, each time it was less than a hour before someone else smashed it.

So usually its a good idea to cash out unless you are going with a bunch of people and can fortify it, or if the gym is already very high level for your team and can survive the day necessary to give the coins.

With the craze early on, I'd say take the coins as often as you can.

Level 1 gyms are fairly easy, even for n00bs as its six on one. Bring a friend and its twelve on one. You can actually start battling very very early if the gym level is low.
    Last edited by ZenOps; 07-27-2016 at 11:53 AM.
    Cocoa $12,000 per ton.

Originally posted by ZenOps
    I believe the coins are immediate, but you then start a timer where you cannot redeem again for 21 hours.

From my conquests: I took an elementary school and a C-train station twice, each time it was less than a hour before someone else smashed it.

So usually its a good idea to cash out unless you are going with a bunch of people and can fortify it, or if the gym is already very high level for your team and can survive the day necessary to give the coins.

With the craze early on, I'd say take the coins as often as you can.

Level 1 gyms are fairly easy, even for n00bs as its six on one. Bring a friend and its twelve on one. You can actually start battling very very early if the gym level is low.
    The best strategy is to go with people.

Any gym you takeover you can put 3 pokemon in (3 ppl needed) off the bat. Only need to level it 2k to get 4 in. That means the gym has to be beaten as least 3-4 times before you guys are wiped out. Gives you time to fortify other gyms and then claim.

In Aspen i've been doing 4-5 gyms between me and the gf.

I know which gyms have more traffic and that's where I drop my snorlax lol

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

The best strategy is to go with people.

Any gym you takeover you can put 3 pokemon in (3 ppl needed) off the bat. Only need to level it 2k to get 4 in. That means the gym has to be beaten as least 3-4 times before you guys are wiped out. Gives you time to fortify other gyms and then claim.

In Aspen i've been doing 4-5 gyms between me and the gf.

I know which gyms have more traffic and that's where I drop my snorlax lol
    I find 4 is the best with a tiny bit of strategy. 3 toss in pokemon, everyone grinds one battle with a pokemon ever so slightly weaker than the lowest in the gym (say 1350 vaporeon vs 1400 slow poke) but can win for sure. And then every gets 500prestige each. Boom level 4, drop the 4th in and go. Takes <2 minutes.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

Started playing last night when I came up to Edmonton for the week. Seems like everyone downtown is playing it. Past a bunch of middle aged ladies at lunch they all had their phones out and were talking about what level their pokemon are at. Got my first egg at lunch and by the end of the lunch hour i had 6 more including some of those 10k ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by BavarianBeast View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Could have been over 60% if I wasn’t a paper hand bitch

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Originally posted by nzwasp
    Started playing last night when I came up to Edmonton for the week. Seems like everyone downtown is playing it. Past a bunch of middle aged ladies at lunch they all had their phones out and were talking about what level their pokemon are at. Got my first egg at lunch and by the end of the lunch hour i had 6 more including some of those 10k ones.
    Save the 10k ones until you're lvl 20. Thats the level where egg finds cap in terms of power (Someone level 20 and someone level 40 can hatch the same pokemon max-strength wise).

Otherwise it sucks if you hatch it now and get something rare but a shitty CP and its useless down the road.

I thought the egg was related to which level you got it at?

I hope they fix issues with the gyms soon. Went to quarry for lunch and hoped to smash the clock tower gym cause it was weak. Everytime I clicked it would get to GO on the first one and then freeze. Then I couldn't open the game for about 5+ minutes, not to mention it seemed to slaughter my battery trying to reload or whatever glitch happened. Good way for them to defend that gym I guess...

My Ride
    YH2/FK8

Here's mine so far. I've been taking a couple gyms, but losing it within half an hour. The Vaporeon, Flareon and the Slowbro are okay at best, but the rest are garbage IMO.
    Last edited by JordanEG6; 07-27-2016 at 04:51 PM.
    SneakerFiles.com | Blog | Team AM Fam

1993 Honda Civic CX (B16A2) - 2002-2005
    1992 Honda Civic Si (K20A2) - 2006-2008
    2008 BMW 335i - 2008-2013
    2008 Honda Element EX AWD - 2013-Current
    2021 Honda Civic Type R LE - 2021-Current

Page 19 of 73 FirstFirst ... 9 18 19 20 29 ... LastLast