Quantcast
Pokemon Go - Page 10 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 10 of 73 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Go

My Ride
    '14 Taco

just a straight up 'sorry servers are toast' message currently

Originally posted by ickyflex

So the gym will have a level between 1-10.

the level indicates the amount of pokemon that can be held at that gym. If it's level 3 then 3 etc. However, friendly gyms (red gym, team red player) can train up a gym which you will see it's score (6000/8000) for exp. Everytime you beat a pokemon the gym will rank up in score and once it hits that 8k it will level up and then you can drop off your pokemon

Yah It was a lvl 3 gym with 3 guys in it. So if I wanted my guy in to get me some points finally I would have to fight them? And I'm guessing beat all 3 and then that unseats the low guy putting me in?

Either way my best guys are barely in the 200s so it'll still take a bit. We need to get on that aspen meet so I can learn some stuff. Granted most of it seems to be at aspen landing, lady bug cafe, westside or down 69th at crowfoot liquor area. Might be more but I haven't checked map or know best places to hit up.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Originally posted by colinxx235
    Yah It was a lvl 3 gym with 3 guys in it. So if I wanted my guy in to get me some points finally I would have to fight them? And I'm guessing beat all 3 and then that unseats the low guy putting me in?

Either way my best guys are barely in the 200s so it'll still take a bit. We need to get on that aspen meet so I can learn some stuff. Granted most of it seems to be at aspen landing, lady bug cafe, westside or down 69th at crowfoot liquor area. Might be more but I haven't checked map or know best places to hit up.
    No. You up the prestige until it gets to level 4 and can sit 4 guys.
    You only knock guys out of gyms on other teams.

Example:
    Level 2 red gym, Prestige is 3700/4000.
    You come by and train it. It goes up to 3940/4000.
    Train again to 4100/6000. Now you can sit.

Every 2000(ish) is one seat. The amount if prestige you can gain in a training is some weird formula based on how many of the currently seated you beat, and what CP pokemon you trained with (you only get to use one).

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by Brent.ff
    just a straight up 'sorry servers are toast' message currently
    Been toasted since lunch, thought they had this fixed.

My Ride
    TDi

I'm in Vegas right now and you can go nuts on Pokemon go here.

I have access to two gyms while laying in bed
    GO FLAMES GO!

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Originally posted by Xtrema

Been toasted since lunch, thought they had this fixed.
    It released in Japan so it's gonna be laggy AF. It always is the first day or two after they expand. By 6-7pm it'll be more stable though as Europe players go to sleep.

My Ride
    This and that.

Can't fucking believe this game and all the god damn nonsense associated with it. What a fucking gong show. I have absolutely 0 interest in playing it and can't get my head around the people that are going insane after it.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Originally posted by shakalaka
    Can't fucking believe this game and all the god damn nonsense associated with it. What a fucking gong show. I have absolutely 0 interest in playing it and can't get my head around the people that are going insane after it.
    But... you've got a billion phones so you could play and never run out of battery

My Ride
    '10 Civic

How old are you? I find anyone over a certain age are completely against it while every single 12-~30 year old seems to be enjoying it?

My Ride
    This and that.

I just turned 30. I guess I was never really big into Pokemon to begin with so that may have something to do with the lack of fascination for me. I don't really care if others are playing but it seems like all I am hearing right, left and centre is this crap and it's irritating me now. Even some of my friends today at lunch were telling me to get it and I was like get the hell outta here. lol

My Ride
    BMW X1 35i MSport

Someone should walk up to a fat chick, flick a pokeball at her, and yell: "I just caught a Snorlax!"

I'd pay to see that.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Originally posted by Boat

How old are you? I find anyone over a certain age are completely against it while every single 12-~30 year old seems to be enjoying it?
    It was a pretty big deal back in the late 96 when it came out and people were even bringing their gameboys to elementary school. It really started to highlight a change in attitude to gaming.

Hell, I used to go to Pokemon tournaments when I was like 11

So its super nostalgic for people who were into it when it first came out (who are anywhere from 24-30 now, being 16 and into Pokemon back in 1997 was a pretty big "no" from societies viewpoint). So there is definitely a very well defined generational divide. The movie was huge back in the day.

Originally posted by Boat

26 year old checking in. I also don't understand the craze for this game, seems like a MASSIVE waste of time to me.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

I use to hussle the shit out of the cards in elementary, think it went pogs (till banned) marvel cards, then Pokémon cards. I remember playing the game boy game too. Was pretty tough back then cause unless you bought actual magazines you had to either figure out the entire game yourself or ask the older kids how to do/find everything... And it's still a pretty complex game. Started replaying it waiting for this to release and I found myself googling a lot

My Ride
    YH2/FK8

On day 3. So far my 'bag' is completely full due to the fact that 2 Poke Stops are within reach without leaving my desk at work lol.

These servers are utter shit though. I haven't been able to play all day.
    SneakerFiles.com | Blog | Team AM Fam

1993 Honda Civic CX (B16A2) - 2002-2005
    1992 Honda Civic Si (K20A2) - 2006-2008
    2008 BMW 335i - 2008-2013
    2008 Honda Element EX AWD - 2013-Current
    2021 Honda Civic Type R LE - 2021-Current

My Ride
    '10 Civic

I just turned 30. I guess I was never really big into Pokemon to begin with so that may have something to do with the lack of fascination for me. I don't really care if others are playing but it seems like all I am hearing right, left and centre is this crap and it's irritating me now. Even some of my friends today at lunch were telling me to get it and I was like get the hell outta here. lol
    Gotcha, yea I'm 28 and played original Pokemon as a kid and was fairly into the Scene (movie/tv) for a couple of years after. As hi temp mentioned the divide is very noticeable it seems

My Ride
    '10 Civic

Originally posted by JordanEG6
    On day 3. So far my 'bag' is completely full due to the fact that 2 Poke Stops are within reach without leaving my desk at work lol.

Make sure you toss out some potions/revives so you have lots of poke balls. I was surprised they released to Canada when the game was still so buggy .

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by JordanEG6

Servers dead most of day, Memorial park is back to its usual empty state when I drove by on way home.

My Ride
    GLS63 AMG

Does Shaw Millenium Park have a quad lure? I'm looking at http://pokemongomap.ca/ and see 4 pokestops relatively close to one another

Nose hill park was supposedly pretty good, old biking grounds for me.
    Cocoa $11,000 per ton.

Page 10 of 73 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 20 ... LastLast