Quantcast
Viral Stampede CPS Takedown Video - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Viral Stampede CPS Takedown Video

Default Viral Stampede CPS Takedown Video

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-15-2019 at 06:41 PM.

Cue all the people who will say the witness didn't see anything...

My Ride
    A car, a truck, and a bike

Cue up all of the armchair law enforcement who will all claim they could have done better with a bag of magic beans, a hug and an eskimo kiss
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Eyewitness accounts are the most unreliable form of evidence, you can easily tell the guy is embellishing his statement to the news.

But, at least I'm in before all the armchair “cops” who have never worn a uniform for a day, but somehow know the full details of this incident and how the actual police mishandled it.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

The CPS does NOT have a different story. Please get your facts right. Their story omits certain details, but its not a different story.

Officers were conducting a walk-through of licensed premises in the area, when they were alerted by citizens to a situation unfolding in the street. The officers left the bar to determine what was occurring.
    They were immediately approached by an aggressive man who refused to cooperate with their demands and then attempted to leave the area.

This man had exited his vehicle following a road rage incident involving a pedestrian, and refused police requests to provide information about his identity.

This video only captures a small portion of the interaction between the man and the officers and does not tell the full story.

This man was given a ticket for stunting after driving in an unsafe manner along the roadway and was released following his arrest.
    The CPS encourages anyone with a concern to file a complaint with the Professional Standards Section.

My Ride
    Ford F150

Would have been better if the video started sooner. Sounds like he was looking for trouble though, not simply wrong place wrong time.

We do however have police on this forum, I'm sure they can tell us when it's necessary to punch a man in the back of the head.
    I can eat more hot wings than you.

My Ride
    2003 Mustang Cobra

Originally posted by CompletelyNumb

We do however have police on this forum, I'm sure they can tell us when it's necessary to punch a man in the back of the head.
    Seems like when you are laying face down with three grown men on your back, one with his full body weight on your neck; Thats a good time.

Glad scenes like this get caught on tape. Yeah the cop although way over aggressive didn't really do any damage to the guy, but things like this happen all the time. Cop feels justified throwing a few extra unnecessary punches because he knows he can get away with it.
    Last edited by leftwing; 07-14-2016 at 09:15 AM.

My Ride
    General Motors Competizione

Originally posted by CompletelyNumb
    I'm sure they can tell us when it's necessary to punch a man in the back of the head.
    I think they should do it more often.
    2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1981 GMC C1500 454

Originally posted by leftwing
    Cop feels justified throwing a few extra unnecessary punches because he knows he can get away with it. Better this guy than the cops wife I guess.
    There are arguements to be made on both sides of an event like this. Insinuating that if the Officer didn't beat this guy that he'd beat his wife instead is completely uncalled for.
    Originally posted by Arash Boodagh
    Before I start pwning all the members with my findings.
    Originally posted by Arash Boodagh
    Plus, is it true you can feed a pig elephant dong and it will still grow and build meat?
    Originally posted by Toma
    rx7_turbfoags best friend
    Toma the homophobe?

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Originally posted by leftwing

Seems like when you are laying face down with three grown men on your back, one with his full body weight on your neck; Thats a good time.

Glad scenes like this get caught on tape. Yeah the cop although way over aggressive didn't really do any damage to the guy, but things like this happen all the time. Cop feels justified throwing a few extra unnecessary punches because he knows he can get away with it. Better this guy than the cops wife I guess.
    What specific qualifications do you have that allows you to make the above statement?

I'm assuming that you were there for the entirety of the incident and have training in, and experience with, use of force?
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

Originally posted by SKR

I think they should do it more often.
    I had to chuckle at your statement for a bit - even though I don't condone violence, what you said probably has some validity with some individuals.

My Ride
    2003 Mustang Cobra

Originally posted by FraserB

What specific qualifications do you have that allows you to make the above statement?

I'm assuming that you were there for the entirety of the incident and have training in, and experience with, use of force?
    Which statement exactly? Didn't know I needed certain qualification or training to share my opinion....

edit: No, of course I was not there, and you are correct that I have zero law enforcement or use-of-force training. In my opinion you don't need training to see that what the officer did was uncalled for. I don't really care about what the guy did before the video started - Its pretty obvious he was being an asshole to the public and the cops were trying to direct him back to his vehicle. But once he is face down on the ground and has two officers on his lower body and another with his knee in the back of his neck don't you think he is pretty incapacitated? What is punching a guy in the back of the head going to accomplish? Isn't the goal of the officer(s) to get his arms (any maybe legs) in cuffs so he is no longer a threat? I wasn't aware that bloody'ing up the guys face was part of the process. If he gets a scuff or cut during the wrestling match I think that is ok, the officer going straight for the face is not. The first officer treated the whole thing as a fist fight - throwing punching, when the guy isn't even trying to throw punches. He should be trying to get him cuffed no?
    Last edited by leftwing; 07-10-2016 at 07:53 PM.

My Ride
    Silverado, G37x

Typical yearly "police brutality" video that shows a short clip detailing nothing that happened and giving absolutely no context.

Ever try holding on to a child throwing a temper tantrum? Now imagine that's a grown man. Now wait for the flood of people who's experience in police takedowns is from movies, pointing out how easy it would have been to subdue him a different way.
    Last edited by btimbit; 07-10-2016 at 09:31 PM.

My Ride
    FJR1300/2018 Giant Trance 3

Last edited by codetrap; 12-31-2016 at 12:57 PM.

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-15-2019 at 06:42 PM.

My Ride
    S54 M Coupe

Originally posted by Sugarphreak

I agree, it is hard to draw any conclusions without seeing what happened before. It does look unnecessarily aggressive though.
    Hard to draw a conclusion, but you'll do so anyways.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-15-2019 at 06:42 PM.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I didn't take sides, I just said it looks unnecessarily aggressive in the video. Are you saying it didn't look aggressive?
    The short video is only a glimpse of the whole incident but it looks like the truck driver tries to put his hands on the cops that started the takedown. Then he keeps reaching for the one cop while he's down which results in getting a few punches to the head. But yea, still overly aggressive but the cops has no idea who this guy is or if his armed, or reaching for his gun. End of the day don't be a dick?

At least he wasn't black. That would've been national news if he was.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    S54 M Coupe

I didn't take sides, I just said it looks unnecessarily aggressive in the video. Are you saying it didn't look aggressive?
    Sure. It's your "unnecessarily" comment that i was talking about.

My Ride
    Silverado, G37x

Yeah, I mean it's not exactly squeaky clean, but still seems justified to me.

The guy apparently got out of his truck following a road rage incident, doesn't get back in when told, and his body language is pretty aggressive at the start of the video. What kind of calm stable person gets out of their vehicle after having to stop for jaywalkers? What, was he planning to shake their hands and thank them for testing his brakes? Doubt it. Very aggressive move.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast